Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

>>MOVIE: CIVIL WAR End Rush Counter Strategy (Tactics Vanguard)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
>>MOVIE: CIVIL WAR End Rush Counter Strategy (Tactics Vanguard)

Raggok
02.27.2012 , 04:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
Hmm.. well I've tried the shield and power gen.. and really didn't see much of a marked survivabilty improvement with the shield.

Just doesnt seem to proc much (as most incoming damage is tech/force/ or even just plain crits).. and if/when it does its not really much of a incoming dmg decrease unless your gearing/speccing for that absorb.

Also, for it to work people need to be hitting you (not an issue when solo i know) - if it proc'd off guard damage that would be another issue entirely.

Whereas the extra dmg from the power gen is helping all the time, to kill stuff faster, which also reduces damage in its own way.

Would be nice if we had a working combat log to get some solid data behind these theorys/observations.
Too many things are RNG based. I notice the shield when it goes off. It has made a difference versus certain classes when multiple people are beating on me.

How many times has it made it difference? Hard to tell, yeah. ATM, I usually run power generator but I'll switch if I'm taking a variety of damage. In this movie the opposing team was coordinated so they were on healers. However, I'm known on my server due to posting movies and that draws a lot of attention at times. Even in a large crowd I often get picked out for focus fire.
Check out my SWTOR PvP movies.
Follow me on Twitter for updates

Raggok
02.27.2012 , 04:22 PM | #12
Just want to add, that without healing, damage trumps survivability in this game IMO.
Check out my SWTOR PvP movies.
Follow me on Twitter for updates