Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Hunt of Dxun: 213

Silenceo
11.20.2014 , 08:15 PM | #291
//Uncaring, that is how many viewed droids such as he.
//They considered mechanical beings nothing more than a pale imitation of life, or sentience.
//There are those who at times thought them an abomination.
//Despite many droid beings coming into their own across their galaxy, such as his ancestor HK-47, organics still dismissed the notion of droids becoming sentient as a tale to scare children.

//They were wrong.

Lightning flashed in the background, illuminating S1L3NC30 as he trudged on through the forested area, the storm not phasing him except for the occasional lightning strike. In this region it was not nearly as brutal as it was in the northern regions. S1L's orange photoreceptors glanced skyward momentarily as the electricity arced across the sky, before lowering his gaze again.

//Within his databanks he made sure to stay up to date with every one of the meatbags that Lord Vespus had sent down here to hunt.
//One of the many bonuses of being a mechanical being, being able to see the world as no organic ever could.
//What they saw as random or chaotic, S1L saw as patterns and beauty.
//An odd thing, for an assassin droid to appreciate the beauty of the universe, but after the first decade of operation, he knew there was more to existence than merely killing.
//Though it was his favorite pass time.
//At times it was difficult to be one of the few sentient machines in the galaxy, so few others to share his perspective with.

He halted, if the map was to be trusted he had arrived at his destination. Darth Vespus had grown bored of these pacifists. Though he had left it to S1L to decide their fate, only that it must be amusing.

//Pacifists. The mere term offended his programming itself!
//To be as such, to him, was to be defenseless and merely waiting for another to finish you off. A waste.
//Yet, somehow this perspective continued to spread among the more peaceful meatbags.
//Perhaps it would warrant looking into, such irrational behavior could be the work of a plague.
//One S1L could make great use of should he be able to unleash it on his targets.
//If they did not fight back however, where is the sport?

Another lightning bolt lit the sky as S1L unslung his heavy blaster rifle, scanning the clearing for signs of his targets. Their camp fire had long since been extinguished by the storm, yet no tracks led out of the area, only back to the pod. If droids could smile, S1L would be grinning ear to ear as he stealthily approached the escape pod, which was cracked open ever so slightly.

//Likely damage from the fall, no sane meatbag, even a pacifist, would leave it open in this terrain.

As he stood near the door however, the droid noticed something that shouldn't have been there, relatively fresh since it hadn't been completely washed away yet. The assassin droid knelt down to examine the ground. It was irregular, but the surviving portions of the pattern matched perfectly that of a Zakkeg, a little beyond the print a faint second trail could be seen. This one was smoother, a being had been dragged away. Minding to not be seen through the cracked door, S1L made his way around the pod. There he found what he was looking for, or part of him any ways. On the ground lay the Bith's instrument, one of his hands still clutching it fiercely. The rest of the being was no where to be seen. The droid took the instrument as proof of the prey's death.

//Organics, they always seem to act irrational when such devices as these are used.
//Three hundred years, and S1L still did not understand organics and their "emotions".
//That only left the pod to check.

He slung his heavy blaster rifle back across his shoulder, unsheathing his vibroblade, ready for close quarters combat should it be required. He brutally knocked the door open and lunged inside, the fur ball was apparently still alive. It squealed and tried to evade the droid, but S1L was too quick. Instead of a quick death however, S1L knocked it unconscious.

"STATEMENT: I do believe Vespus would like to have fun with you first, before your termination, meatbag."

//He seems to enjoy fresh prey, still with fight in it when it reached him.

His job completed, S1L signaled the automated shuttle, which landed in the clearing less than a minute later. The droid boarded, the ramp snapping shut moments later. As the vessel ascended to the heavens, he began to pick up a distress signal. Not any of those they were expecting however, but rather one from Outpost Besh. He would investigate once he had delivered these new trophies.

//Anything that could cause Mandalorians to send out a distress signal, definitely warranted his attention.
//Perhaps a worthy Opponent?
//Other than Jedi and Sith, he hadn't fought a worthy challenger in 1 year, 3 days, 7 hours, and 8 seconds.

His photoreceptors glowed brightly in anticipation.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Jarons
11.23.2014 , 10:59 AM | #292
Jaron looks at them both he see Elisa struggling to get up "So you're telling me you did nothing to her then why did she pass out and start to vomit all over the floor"Jaron ready his lightsaber if he needs to use it "she was fine before you arrived now she sick and falling all over herself"What could he have done I seen this happen before with a Sith using Drain knowledge on a slave while i was in the academy but am the only sith here that i could use it. What if he is a Sith like me' "What are you because your not some simple old man" Jaron asked

Jaron heard Aledrick ask what's going on out herer" Nothing just a discussion you can finish what you are doing.' Aledrick doesn't need to know what's going on tell after i hear what he have to say about this.

Silenceo
11.23.2014 , 02:09 PM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarons View Post
Jaron looks at them both he see Elisa struggling to get up "So you're telling me you did nothing to her then why did she pass out and start to vomit all over the floor"Jaron ready his lightsaber if he needs to use it "she was fine before you arrived now she sick and falling all over herself"What could he have done I seen this happen before with a Sith using Drain knowledge on a slave while i was in the academy but am the only sith here that i could use it. What if he is a Sith like me' "What are you because your not some simple old man" Jaron asked

Jaron heard Aledrick ask what's going on out herer" Nothing just a discussion you can finish what you are doing.' Aledrick doesn't need to know what's going on tell after i hear what he have to say about this.
Boran smirked as he shook his head.

"I am merely a scholar, who stumbled upon records that our 'gracious' host did not want to be known."

He looked back towards Elsia.

"As for why this happened, I believe it has something to do with her damaged psyche. My main topic of focus was that of psychology, and she has displayed many critical signs that indicate that her mind is in a delicate state. Stress can cause those who feel overloaded to puke, due to their bodies negative reaction to the stimuli, the body tries to rid itself of the feeling. Naturally, it doesn't actually work. This effect is magnified with those who are not mentally well."

He looks to Jaron.

"I may not be a jedi or sith child, but all Miraluka see through the force. In a sense, we see the world in very basic ways, for example, I can see that you began gripping your lightsaber through your robes soon after you approached me. You feel I am a threat to your rule in this group. Yet why would you be threatened by an old scholar? Ever so curious those on this planet."

He chuckled as he helped Elsia to stand, ensuring the walking stick was firmly in her hand.

"Just yesterday a young women tried to blast me merely for walking along a mountain ridge. Poor droid didn't make it..."

Boran continued to focus on predicting if this rash sith would attempt to cut him down, his lightsaber could emerge from concealment in a flash if need be. He however knew that bloodshed must not be spilled here if they hoped to survive. Still, there were bloodless methods he could employ at this close of proximity to end the fight before it began, if need be. Luckily, the storm fueled him with fear, which in turn fueled his abilities due to the animals cowering in their shelters. Perhaps this is why Jahuro had been unable to seize control since the other day...
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

karadron
11.23.2014 , 02:51 PM | #294
Torval rushed into the command center. “What was that I heard about alarms at Besh?”

The two men on duty exchanged a quick glance before one of them replied, “The alarm started about three minutes ago, sir. No word on the situation has arrived.”

“Yet,” the other added, “Assuming the people there are who the list says…”

“Rynne’s there,” Torval interrupted.

Both men took a cautionary step back, “Then it wouldn’t be an accident, sir,” the first said.

The room descended into silence as Torval thought on what to do. A number of possibilities were open: that Ordo fool had betrayed them, the Basilisk had somehow reappeared after reports said she was nowhere nearby, or something else had decided to try and break into the base. The storm though was the real obstacle. The clouds hung directly to the south of his command center and going to Besh would require traveling into that mess. “We only have one option,” he said at last turning to leave, “I’m taking the best of us to figure out what is going on.”

Nalathemaster
11.23.2014 , 07:43 PM | #295
(First off, I don't really remember what's going on, so forgive me if I make a mistake) Taz jumped behind a corner, seeking cover, he quickly looked out from his cover to look at the droid, however, he'd be cut off by a hail of blasterbolts, he quickly decided to fight, however, he needed to formulate a plan of attack first.
There is no death, There is only the force

LadyKulvax
12.10.2014 , 11:13 AM | #296
Vashti had waited considerable amounts of time, however she wasn't trained to give way to impatience. Whatever had started the lightning surge didn't let down, but she knew up here she was likely in one of the most secure spots to be found for 200 kilometers.

In the immense amounts of time she had decently repaired her helmet, all systems were at the least 79% functional, though a large gash remained regardless. She had managed as time passed to get considerable rest, which despite not requiring, did her bodily functions magnitudes of good. The bruises and injuries she had sustained had long subsided and better yet the beasts outside seemed to have dispersed.

One situation remained however: food. Rations had ran out, staying awake for so long had caused her to sustain her focus with excess rations, a blind spot in her strategy of running down all threats. Food now had to be gathered and she knew all too well that anything on this world that looked edible was far from it. No instead she knew the only mildly edible food to be found on Dxun was infact other sentients but short of that.. Cannoks.

She had converted her cave into something like a high grade camp already and perhaps fortunately for her there was certainly no shortage of animals. It took all of an hour to hunt a suitable animal, animals however were not the only bipedals in this jungle.

An imperial soldier, looking quite distraught and utterly lost was making her way far too loudly through the jungle. Clearly a medic, she was covered in hastily treated wounds and it was clear the predators had noticed as well. She was performing above average for the Imperial Army, especially their medical academy. She was starting to shoot at nearly anything that moved and was bringing far too much attention to herself, then she tripped... and her screams were eventually drowned out by animalistic noises.

Carrying a badly wounded and unconcsious daughter of Dromund Kaas hadn't been among her concerns but here she was regardless. With a gutted cannok on her make-shift cooker and a recovering soldier on her 'bed', she began to consider just how she'd gotten this far away from her squad and how she was even alive to tell about it with such a pitiful blaster pistol to call a primary.

Searching the imperial's belongings made things clear, this seventeen year old by 'Jave Nalir' was not a new arrival but a resident of several weeks and two days, it became clear that this 'medic' was actually a trainee for imperial intelligence but had gotten stuck here trying to get to Iziz. Her ability to survive was now consistent with her training and furthermore said training was about to decide how much longer she would live.

Seeing her newest observant almost brought a sensation of joy, a darker joy but as always emotion had evaded her. This Nalir was stunned by her fellow cave occupant, she seemed to make every motion short of slapping herself to make sure the silver woman was real. A Mandalorian on Dxun shouldn't have surprised her but she expressed nothing short of out right delusional laughter before realising this kind of noise is how she got here in the first place.

Taking in a breath, she quietly asked the inevitable questions before closing her mouth and realising this was not just a two-bit pistol jockey. The tech, the gear and most of all weaponry made it clear this was a top tier bounty hunter, but even then something seemed off... the disposition, expressions and emotion were totally lacking. The realisations nearly bore their way through her eyes, the trainee was smart and quick and finally asked the only question that she would get an answer for "Why did you keep me alive?"

The answer came nearly before the tan skinned woman could reply... "Because I require assistance." Not a series of words the trainee thought was a common reply at all. The trainee's brain was still active in reply: "What do you require ma'am?" Quickly a symbiotic relationship established itself and the imperial simply obeyed.

Then the lightning finally stopped... Vashti went on observation mode immediately but even after hours, nothing not a single sign from the temple.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order