Operator IX - HM.. goes from flawless to mega wipe in yellow?

here's the deal.. we're flawlessly cruising through blue, orange, purple and then yellow starts. we've got adds cleaned up and are pew pewing the cores when all of a sudden there's like 4 regulators out and we're all getting smashed dead and one shotted.

the yellow are killing their orbs okay and the dps is going on the cores the way they should be, while tanks and heals are in mid on the silver adds. is there an easy answer to keeping all the regulators from spawning? they seem to go from zero to 4 in mere seconds.

the fight is going flawlessly with everyone in their spots and the fight goes well til that yellow and it goes chaos. any hints would be appriciated :)

4 Regulators?? that sounds like a bug. At the start of yellow you get one regulator, and then another one 15-20 seconds later. These regulators need to be tanked by the tank not channeling in yellow and "end of the line" needs to be interrupted as much as possible. Here is a video of our team doing it, hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d9aMefjRWh0

This either sounds like a bug or a misunderstanding on your part. If all the adds *are* cleaned up from purple, and you truly are getting 4 Regulators at once, that is definitely a bug and should not be happening.

My best guess as to what might actually be happening if it is not a bug is that you're failing purple right at the last second. This causes a Rectifier (basically an AoE supercharged Regulator) to spawn, followed immediately by the phase switching to Yellow and spawning a Regulator. Then several seconds later a second Regulator will spawn (as the above poster pointed out). This only accounts for 3 adds, unless you also fail Yellow and spawn a second Rectifier, which is always a bad sign.

If your DPS is cutting it close on Purple or Yellow, are you intentionally failing Purple phase? This is a strat that helps quite a bit when your DPS is still gearing up and you're learning the fight. What you do is go about your business as usual, but near the end of Purple phase (or whenever you're about 10% left on one core) you wait for the phase to fail and a Rectifier to spawn. All DPS then switches to kill the Rectifier while your healers play catchup and, if needed, your purple channeler goes to grab their sphere. This should *completely* clean up the whole room and give you plenty of time to get your two yellow players in position and ready to start channeling immediately as phase switches to yellow while a free DPS (or two) goes to finish off the last 10% of the last purple core.

If this is all stuff you already know and are suffering from an actual bug, I apologize for not being more help as I'm baffled at what it could be.

Pretty much what the above posters say. Assuming you did not fail purple, you should get 1 regulator spawning around 10 seconds into yellow phase and another spawning 10-15 seconds afterwards. If you do not fail yellow, this is all the regulators you should get during this phase. If for some reason you fail yellow, you will get an additional 2 regulators to spawn + a rectifier (+ increased raid-wide damage from the boss). What my guild does during this phase is has all 4 dps on cores (they die in maybe ~15 seconds of shields going down) while the main tank picks up the regulators as they spawn. Both healers are in the middle to heal the tank (one is standing in the middle for yellow) and should have no problem keeping him up especially if end of the line is interrupted as it should be. Once the cores die, the offtank (who was channeling for yellow) picks up Op IX while the dps burn the regulators (we mark one and focus to make things easier). Once the adds are cleaned up, the tanks swap so the main tank has the boss and the rest is normal.

He would know if he failed purple. In Nightmare Mode, the AoE DoT gets super-charged when you fail a phase so that it's basically a one-shot to the entire raid. I would assume the Rectifier sucks, but honestly I've never been alive long enough to find out.

This sounds like a bug. I would wonder though what you're doing exactly that allows you to completely clean up the purple adds before yellow starts. We usually have two hanging around as the phase starts (they die in Flyby fire before the first Regulator arrives though).

He would know if he failed purple. In Nightmare Mode, the AoE DoT gets super-charged when you fail a phase so that it's basically a one-shot to the entire raid. I would assume the Rectifier sucks, but honestly I've never been alive long enough to find out.

The title specified that the fight is HM.

Interestingly enough, in Nightmare the Rectifier adds are pretty underwhelming and aren't really a big deal at all. It is still possible to kill both yellow cores immediately after failing and spawning one, while the Master Controller immediately despawns and won't put out the insta-kill AoE. On one of my groups first progression pulls we manged to make it into p2 without losing anyone on a pull where we went in with both a Rectifier and a Regulator still up, but it required our tanks blowing pretty much everything they had. A sniper shield was enough to keep the rest of the raid up until the Rectifier died.

4 regulators and 1 rectifier all within maybe 15 seconds of yellow beginning. it seemed wierd. after one wipe there were stll 2 rectifiers out when we started from beginning and they had to be kited and killed along with the 2 gold elites before we could begin. it was really just a buggy fight and seemed impossible with random adds from the fight before still up when we did again. just wanted to ask in case we were really brain farting but as i posted last night as it was happening.. flawless up til yellow then rectifier city in mere seconds

This sounds like a bug. I would wonder though what you're doing exactly that allows you to completely clean up the purple adds before yellow starts. We usually have two hanging around as the phase starts (they die in Flyby fire before the first Regulator arrives though).

we have 2 uber melee dps and 2 great range dps so we have one channeling, 2 on cores and the one range is on the north core, then when it is dead, the 2 melee continue to south core and chew it up while 1 range dps pewpew in center along with 2 healers and 2 tanks. (healers are sage and scoundrel so it's flybys and lots of sage'ery dps with spot heals).

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this same bug today, multiple times.

On one attempt we cleared Purple phase and Regulators started chain spawning every few seconds. We killed at least 6 of them before wiping.

On another attempt I think we failed purple followed by chain spawns. These were Regulators not Rectifiers (fail add) or Recognizers (small adds).

Thought maybe this was a new mechanic to penalize for not channeling, but we confirmed it still happened while channeling.

Best bet is to record it (i use Action! - can get it and use it free for 30 days. Great and no impact even on older CPUs) and link here or in Support forum. I had issue with adds not displaying on some fights and did that.

As to Operator IX HM fight and how you split your DPS is totally up to your group and different configurations work.

We use DPS/Tank, DPS/Healer, DPS/Tank, DPS/Healer.

We clear adds in the beginning of purple, fail it and clear adds again as soon as Rectifier comes out. Then kill last core and go into last color. One tank holds two big adds while other tank just dps them and when boss comes out he grabs it. For our group biggest issue always was this transition phase with two big adds and a boss. Now that we have one tank holding tow big adds, and off tank is topped off before getting boss, we have much less issues.

As for your bug, i would love to see video. Best thing to do is also have Master Controller on focus (with focus cast bar enabled in your UI) as this will tell you are you failing the phase or is it a bug.

The way my guild does it is we have our 2 top melee and ranged DPS as blue, then our next 2 dps as orange, then tank healer and tank healer (with your best tank being in purple).

When Yellow phase comes around have a sentinel (ideally) run and burn a regulator down himself while interrupting his End of the Line ability, you can also have him pop a transcendence as it gives a 10% defense buff.

The transition is very tough if you have a under geared or skill lacking tank dealing with the regulators.