Dear BioWare: Leap is still BLEEPIN BROKEN!

Sindol

FYI... Has been many months now and leap is still ****ed in Huttball. Fix please and thank you. Though I know you're going to ignore this thread because you hate making your game work, you would much rather break it.

LOL for truth! I Interceded to a friendly Huttballer on the elbow! BUT WAIT! I FELL THROUGH TEH FLOORZ!

No problemo! I'll just Force Charge up to the ramp at the enemy who is standing on the slope! BUT WAIT! I FELL THROUGH TEH FLOORZ!

Alrighty then! Fortunately there is an enemy derp standing on the edge of the endzone! I'll just Push this other guy away from me, and then Force Charge at the derp! BUT WAIT! I ONLY TRAVELED HALF THE DISTANCE AND LANDED ALMOST RIGHT WHERE I STARTED FROM! STILL IN TEH PITZ!

Ok, at that point I had to throw the ball away and apologize to my team. But I guess that wasn't really necessary, as they were having themselves a nice 6v1 in our own pit.

Edited by Arlanon

I think it's in all the WZs that Force leap for me is broken, not just the Huttball map.

Yup. I Charge at enemies and land 50 feet behind them. I intercede to teammates and fly in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

Sometimes the entire screen locks up and I magically teleport 1.5 seconds later.

What worries me the most is that these things don't happen every time. It may take them a long time (aka forever) to fix it.

Huttball is creating lots of problems for classes. Sins have had Force Shroud broken since 1.4 and its mostly breaks in Huttball, same for Overload(our knock backs).

It's probably the lag because the amount of times you see a player drop to the floor lag up but then rush past you is just confusing,. Clunky game engine with clunky coding.

Yes the leaps are broken. Its look very stupid and illogical when your are rooted while monkey is flying to you.

Fix it asap. There should be no roots for leaps before the monkey land on you.

It's called Immobolize. It, incidentally, is working as intended.

«We know»? lol..

And how many of you are sitting under one account?

Cant afford the decent PC for each of you to be able to browse internet? Thats sad... really sad.

He probably meant "we" as in "anyone participating in this thread."

Anyway, trolls and stupid people aside, fix leap please. Been killing leapers (maras, jugs, PTs and their Republic counterparts) since 2.2.

I've been running around on my 'slinger for a while now, so I started playing my jugg to get it to 55 and found myself jumping over targets I tried to leap to (not just in warzones). Then I jumped on my sentinel and had the same thing happen. Went back on my jugg later and found myself only closing half the distance when I would leap. This is definitely still broken and needs to be fixed.

Just had this happen in Novare Coast when I Force Charged at a Sorc

http://www.unconquered-shadowlands.enjin.com/profile/4065156/pics/detail/album_id/268206#pid=2222699

I fell right through the floor, out the other side of the world, and out into space. The "fall damage" I presume wasn't from hitting the ground, because I never did hit any ground, but rather from launching myself into space without a space suit. Same difference I guess

Edited by Arlanon

Pushed somebody from the middle catwalk down the ramp towards the Rotworm goal line. Leapt towards some person thinking "awww yea time to score". Proceeded to fall THROUGH THE RAMP INTO THE PIT.

Why is this STILL not fixed? BW you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves how some WoW private servers have better working charge than your MMO. Utterly. Ashamed.

It's pretty bad how often it happens on it's own, but when you have the ball or some kind of snare on you it happens way way more.

Edited by Stncold

Yes the leaps are broken. Its look very stupid and illogical when your are rooted while monkey is flying to you.

Fix it asap. There should be no roots for leaps before the monkey land on you.

Hahahhahah A flying, enraged monkey with glowsticks is trying to land on me, but instead lands somewhere totally unexpected - mostly into the pit, where 5 of my recently pushed team mates await with hungry faces to eat a smash and spend 20 seconds in a fair 5 vs 1 :D

Well if this view doesn't root me from sheer terror what else could? Works as expected :D

Happens to me a lot on my jugg.

FYI... Has been many months now and leap is still ****ed in Huttball. Fix please and thank you. Though I know you're going to ignore this thread because you hate making your game work, you would much rather break it.

not leap is broken but the entire wz (respectivly all wz) is lagging like hell. its funny when your defensiv CD fires after your dead and are releasing to the starting area...

or recieving fire dmg 5sec after you have past the pit.

happens to me regualrily in WZ especially in the huttball arena. while playing at 40-90FPS and <50ms the only source for those lags could be the toaster hosting the WZ´s.

• 3 weeks later...

It's broken everywhere, not just in huttball.

And so is phase walk, shroud, and possibly force barrier.

The leap bug is most noticeable in huttball because you end up in a pit every time it fails. And it fails several times a match. It is also awful in the arena with the catwalks.

This bug didn't exist until hydraulic override was introduced - I suspect there is a bug related to an object with that ability as the jump fail behaves very similarly to jumping to someone using hydraulic override.