[Speed run] Hatred Assassin from 1 - 55 in 7 hours and 10 minutes

Lundorff

In lieu of my previous, casual, speed run I was recently inspired by Exificient to conduct a more dedicated speed run. I chose an Assassin due to stealth and because I know the class pretty well by now. This speed run was not conducted in one setting, as I do not have the time nor inclination to sit focused for that long - you need to eat, drink, bathroom, sleep, work, etc. And besides, this was just for kicks :)

Time-line of levels:

After 1 hour: 17

After 2 hours: 26

After 3 hours: 33

After 4 hours: 37

After 5 hours: 42

After 6 hours: 46

After 7 hours: 54

After 7 hours, 9 minuter and 40 seconds = 55

(I counted time from the moment I clicked the button to create a new character, hence the slight difference.)

Some general points in chaotic order for those curious:

• You need to be a subscriber for the 12xEXP class buff. Conducting a speed run without is utterly non-comparative to what I have done.

• Follow the class story until level 47 and then instantly go to Makeb.

• Try not to die. I died 3 times during this run. Twice to glaciers on Hoth as I tried to be clever. Didn't work :rolleyes:

• Have a speeder unlocked in your legacy. Any speeder with 90,100,110 will do. Also have a holotrainer unlocked and perhaps crystals if you happen to pick up an adaptive weapon / off-hand.

• You need to skip all conversations (space bar). Watch out for alignment conversations and be pragmatic. Choose whatever alignment will help you avoid confrontations - there is no shame in paying to a avoid a battle.

• No talking to anyone - close chat tab.

• You need Legacy Travel 3 for instant Quick Travel and open Taxi Speeder points. Also need rocket boost at level 3.

• You need a stronghold with all the essential terminals.

• Need funding and experience buff from other character. Simply log out of your speed run character and log ind with whatever character that can send you credits and some general EXP buffs. You could expand on this by pre-buying all the gear needed and simply mail it to your leveling character along with credits to buy room in your inventory. If you are going to send stuff, then pick a character name that is easy to remember.

• Use heroic moment when needed.

• Don't try this on a PVP server.

• If you need to push a button (activate something) and the device is only guarded by one person, then simply mezz / sleep him and do your thing. No need to kill him.

• Knowing the class story in advance is obviously a great advantage. If not you will need a great deal of general familiarity with the game - you can not spend 10 minutes trying to figure out where to go next.

• All four class buffs. Not critical but it will help you kill stuff faster.

Movements & Travel:

Only do the class story and avoid confrontations as much as possible. If you need to go through a million agros in order to reach your green class section, then run through all the monsters. Don't waste time killing more than 5-10 at any given time; it's better to DIE next to your green class section door and resurrect on the spot than having to kill 50 monster. It's obviously better not to die and simply break agro (force cloak, distance, kill 3-4 monster etc).

Give monsters a wide berth whenever possible to avoid agro. If stealth then obviously use it and combine it with rocket boost, force speed and the increase cloak level skill. Move fast at all time - also in your ship.

My travel priority goes as follows: Stronghold > Quick Travel Points > Taxi Speeder > Speeder > Rocket Boost > Force Speed. If the quest says you need to go to your ships holoterminal then immediately travel to your stronghold and then exit to ship. But make sure to read it correctly as you sometimes have to go your ships hanger bay; in such a case you need to use Quick Travel to the spaceport instead.

Sometimes it's faster to go back on the map and move away from your objective, if it means you get to use a Taxi Speeder. I often use Quick Travel to instantly go to a Taxi Speeder. Your own speeder is excruciating slow in comparison.

Gear:

I bought new gear at level 17 and at level ~33 (not completely sure). Voss was a pain with level 31-33 gear, and I would recommend buying gear at levels 15, 25 and 40 for a smoother leveling experience. At level 17 I was forced to buy gear in order kill someone, but otherwise I would recommend only buying gear when you at your ship:

1) Be at your ship

2) Go to your stronghold

3) Have GTN at your stronghold

4) Buy random gear (green, blue, purple whatever). Much faster than using adaptive gear and buying mods. Also cheaper. Remember to buy gear for your companion

5) Equip and exit to starship

In addition you need to chose gear and lockboxes from quests in order to get better gear on the run. Don't stand still and equip it, but rather equip it when running or when using a speeder. Speeder down time is also a great time to take a sip of drink or re-arrange skills if needed.

Room for improvements:

• Not dying at all

• Using Treek as a healer

• Having 10% guild buff

Feel free to ask any questions :)

Huge room for improvements is prepared legacy gear.

You can prepare legacy gear for you and your companion for let say each 5 lvl. It should help you a lot. You can buy blue mods for now almost useless basic coms with your main chars and place them into legacy gear. If you have been sub while star-fighter came on-line you get 4 legacy gear boxes on each new char. ;)

It will not only reduce your time for buying new gear on GTN, it will make you and your comp stronger than with green one and you will kill mobs/bosses faster :)

Also take up diplomacy for ls/ds points. other wise you'll almost be neutral by the time ur 55.

An no. Pointless for a speed run. Even if it means you can equip relics. Don't spend the time to pick up diplomacy.

Legacy speeder mount while moving. Hey every half second you spend mounting up stopped helps...

Also avoid all comp conversations.

And going to your ship, priority transport to ship is a big help (so is capital world for some classes). It saves a load screen by going to your stronghold. Also, it's not always bad to go back to ship then exit if it says go to your hanger (Voss is a good example). Sometimes it saves long distance.

Legacy fleet pass on instant CD is also nice as well if you must shop for mods (as most times you will out level the planet you are on).

I upgraded my gear at 15 and 41. Once you hit makeb, you never have to buy gear until 60 (makeb bolster, FA1-3 bolsters as well). I just use the light /dark 2 level 17 relics. They are for the most part good enough.

I have never understood the need to stress through this game, but I guess if one would like to I guess this is a fast way to level.

Yeah once you did one side of each class people tend to speed it on the 2ndary class

That's... quite fast. I normally glide 1-55 over two real life days, in around 20-24 hours, though I listen to the story. Except when I reach Makeb, when I wish it would all be over swiftly. But, that's really good timing, and I'll certainly take notes for when I next level a character.

Congratulations, and ta for advice.

I don't stress like this normally. This was just for fun and to see how fast I would do it. I am actually a PVP'er and spend most of my time doing warzones.

That's... quite fast. I normally glide 1-55 over two real life days, in around 20-24 hours, though I listen to the story. Except when I reach Makeb, when I wish it would all be over swiftly. But, that's really good timing, and I'll certainly take notes for when I next level a character.

Congratulations, and ta for advice.

Thank you :)