Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nautolans. a rushed species.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

Osoygatitalove
11.12.2019 , 07:46 AM | #1
Doesn't it bother when you get delivered something that is incomplete, especially with the details.

Here i list a few of details that need SERIOUS polishing for nautolans:

- No darkside corruption (i understand this is work in progress)
- Eyes are not blinking, unlike nautolan companions and NPC
- Social abbility is the same as zabrak, i mean you did unique socials for cathar and togruta (SHAME on you Bioware, fix this plz!)
- No red nautolan? really, these are part of the legends canon, they exist, just like red twilek and chagrian.

xordevoreaux
11.12.2019 , 08:24 AM | #2
Quote:
Mamma Nautolan: Kids! Get in the orbital shuttle or you'll be late for school!
Kid Nautolan #1: But Mom, Josie hid my favorite blue monkey lizard. I can't go without it! It's show and tell!
Kid Nautolan #2: Did not!
Kid Nautolan #1: Did too!
Kid Nautolan #2: Did not!
Mamma Nautolan: You two get in this shuttle right this minute before I tie your tentacles together! Now move!
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Goreshaga
11.12.2019 , 08:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Osoygatitalove View Post
I've seen DS corruption (at least red eyes and pale skin with the veins showing) while playing with the Nautolan options on a DS5 character, so that's there even if not perfect right now

Quote:
- Eyes are not blinking, unlike nautolan companions and NPC.
Hm, while watching cutscenes, Nautolans NPCs are more squinting their eyes than actually blinking and that looks pretty weird
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Darth-Obvious
11.12.2019 , 08:47 AM | #4
Doesn't it bother when you get delivered something that is incomplete, especially with the details.

- Social abbility is the same as zabrak, i mean you did unique socials for cathar and togruta (SHAME on you Bioware, fix this plz!)
- No red nautolan? really, these are part of the legends canon, they exist, just like red twilek and chagrian.
When Togruta were released...

"The Togruta were rushed!"

When Cathar were released...

"The Cathar were rushed!"

When SWTOR released...

"All these races were rushed!"

Literally every race since launch/release has had these types of complaints, ie not enough skin colors, eye options, faces, etc, so were Nautolans actually rushed or do they just possess the same underwhelming qualities that all races have had since the game launched?

Osoygatitalove
11.12.2019 , 09:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
When Togruta were released...

"The Togruta were rushed!"

When Cathar were released...

"The Cathar were rushed!"

When SWTOR released...

"All these races were rushed!"

Literally every race since launch/release has had these types of complaints, ie not enough skin colors, eye options, faces, etc, so were Nautolans actually rushed or do they just possess the same underwhelming qualities that all races have had since the game launched?

uhhmm.. no.

Cathar and Togruta didn't have the issues im pointing out.

#ihavespoken

Ylliarus
11.12.2019 , 09:43 AM | #6
uhhmm.. no.

Cathar and Togruta didn't have the issues im pointing out.

#ihavespoken
Not those specific issues, no, but they received criticism for being incomplete either way, I've seen it happen with all the new races that were released after launch.

Maybe the devs should take more time to really work out every new species they release, not rush it, but take the time to add a sufficient amount of appearance options. Sure, you won't be able to account for every single player preference out there, but taking in a lot of feedback before releasing a species would be highly appreciated. The Togruta for example, the devs should have asked whether players would be okay with the male Togruta having ludicrously short lekku. Having asked players beforehand, gathering the information about what we wanted to see, would have helped in making the new species seem more complete and enjoyable.

With the Nautolans for example, there's only one facial texture that I like and it's with the males. All the female facial textures on the Nautolans seem really weird and the males have the same, barring the one I spoke of. And the frustrating fact is, is that all the female Nautolan NPC's have great facial designs, those look really good. Sadly, the same absolutely doesn't apply to the playable Nautolan species. Oh yes, and red Nautolans definitely should have been included!
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Void_Singer
11.12.2019 , 11:15 AM | #7

you forgot
.... Muppet Mouth
Seems like NPC nauts all had proper face rigging to make their lips move... but not player characters, which all seem to speak like a demented desynched kermit the frog.

... and Color Confusion
The color you pick during character creation, may or may not have any relation to the color you get when you actually start playing said character.

... and tons of Clipping issues
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Osoygatitalove
11.12.2019 , 11:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
you forgot
.... Muppet Mouth
Seems like NPC nauts all had proper face rigging to make their lips move... but not player characters, which all seem to speak like a demented desynched kermit the frog.

... and Color Confusion
The color you pick during character creation, may or may not have any relation to the color you get when you actually start playing said character.

... and tons of Clipping issues
I don't think they added orange nautolan either, as advertised.

Neulwen
11.12.2019 , 11:57 AM | #9
I think the playable nautolans look fine, but the colours could use some improvements. Furthermore, I also like the look of NPC nautolans, and wish we had a playable face option like that. Their eyes are bigger, and noses are different. Playable nautolan noses don't have much variation.

neopunkleviathan
11.12.2019 , 12:04 PM | #10
Eyes are not blinking

hehe