Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Abilities with multiple charges

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Abilities with multiple charges

Monterone
11.11.2019 , 11:07 PM | #1
I've noticed something odd and I'm wondering if others are seeing similar issues with other classes and abilities.

On an assassin, there is a tactical for two shrouds. There is also a utility for reducing the cd on shroud by 30 seconds.

However, when the tactical is used, the utility only works on the first shroud and the second one is on a 2 minute cooldown, instead of 1:30.

Is this a bug or is it meant to be this way? Is a tactical supposed to affect all charges equally?
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

nyrkverse
11.11.2019 , 11:15 PM | #2
fade (the utility that reduces the cloak CD) is currently bugged and doesn't work as it's supposed to.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

Monterone
11.11.2019 , 11:25 PM | #3
That would do it. Thanks for the quick reply.

So, no point at all taking that utility now other than a 5s extension?
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

nyrkverse
11.11.2019 , 11:36 PM | #4
no point in taking fade at the moment that i can see, no, hopefully they'll patch it next as deception is kinda gimped without it (at least PvE wise).

Also, in the unlikely chance a dev is reading, please give back the ability to have cooldown text for the charge abilities. it's awful playing without it and I don't want to set up a timer in SP for something the game has always done before. thank you
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

jambalayabungee
11.12.2019 , 12:50 AM | #5
* I support the addition of the visual numeral cooldown for those abilities as well !! *

Well Im not sure if its related to the OP's problem, but on my merc/mando I compared 2 abilities:
--Thermal Sensor Override -- charge-like ability now
--Vent Heat -- normal ability , < btw, without the utility that give that ability an alacrity bonus>
Both have the exact same cooldown.

Even if the cooldown changes because of the level, alacrity etc. , the charge-like ability is not affected, but the normal ability is !!! The value of the charge-like ability stays the same !!

Videos that compare both abilities and their cooldown (with the gear I had at that moment):

Level 70, 0 alac, Tooltip: 2 minute cooldown. Both abilities last 2 min .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Vq...ew?usp=sharing

Level 70, 13% alac, Tooltip : 1min46 cooldown. Charge-like ability : stays at 2min, Normal ability is 1min46 sec.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OAv...ew?usp=sharing

Level 75, 0 alac, Tooltip : 1min30 cooldown. Charge-like ability : stays at 2min, Normal ability is 1min30 sec.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GmL...ew?usp=sharing

At Level 75, 15.35% alac, Tooltip : 1min23 cooldown. Charge-like ability : stays at 2min, Normal ability is 1min23 sec.
..etc.

I wish they would fix it.

Benirons
11.12.2019 , 01:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post

Also, in the unlikely chance a dev is reading, please give back the ability to have cooldown text for the charge abilities. it's awful playing without it and I don't want to set up a timer in SP for something the game has always done before. thank you
Second!

Ecekiell
11.12.2019 , 10:40 AM | #7
Yes, please fix soon!

Void_Singer
11.12.2019 , 11:27 AM | #8
Also, in the unlikely chance a dev is reading, please give back the ability to have cooldown text for the charge abilities.
^ this a million times... even the old hidden cooldown behavior of Operative Roll was better than this.... at least then you had a well defined count on the end of it, rather than a variable speed unreferenced clock hand (even when there is no second charge)

Lhancelot
11.12.2019 , 11:41 AM | #9
Yeah something is off with the abilities that have 2 charges, I don't like how they "charge." I wish there was a way to make them all just start up with 2 full charges that could be used whenever and charged up after their individual uses. Something is wonky with them right now i don't know exactly what it is.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

TrixxieTriss
11.12.2019 , 03:18 PM | #10
Seconded. Bioware please do this ^^