Hardmode Denova Last Boss - Bug?

Good job Bioware. You guys make an excellent product with very few bugs. Ohh wait. I forgot. Everything is bugged.

Good job Drabyl. You are always posting such informative and useful posts with very little trolling. Ohh wait....

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chill oot eh. You've got an official response, they are looking at the problem, and will patch it as soon as they can. Obviously they are not going to tell you it will be fixed by tonight, as the dev has no idea how deeply seeded the problem is, and he'd have a **** storm if he lied and it turned out to take longer than expected.

it's been posted on here that others have managed to complete it, stop wasting time complaining, and either stick at it, or go outside and throw a ball. The dev's will fix it asap.

Clockwork [Gnawers Roost - EU/ger]

After round about 2 and 1/2 hour just trying keph we've did it today with 8 Players and the bug...at 59% or round about 630k the grp splits, the maintank(shadow) pulls him to the corner on the left and the whole grp runs to the rear right corner. He enraged at 4 or 5%...but hey...serverfirst! ;)

hf&gl

Edited by Arbraxus

We did it a couple days ago with the bug. We just healed through the aoe at the end. Lost a healer, battled rez'd, and went on. It definitely makes the fight more difficult, but the kill was just that much more rewarding.

Hi everyone,

The latest update on this is that our developers have found a fix which should resolve the issue. It will be implemented soon in an upcoming patch.

Thank you for your patience with this.

Do you guys actually have any raid without bugs? It's only three zones...get your stuff together man. It's embarrassing.

Hi everyone,

The latest update on this is that our developers have found a fix which should resolve the issue. It will be implemented soon in an upcoming patch.

you forgot to put the Trade mark after soon™. in MMO terms Soon™ is a relative term it almost means 3 months.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the fix. We await it, we appreciate all of you guys working so hard!

Our guild has killed him on 8 Man Hardmode but you need 2x Gunslinger for bubble + Best prototype medpac in game.

If it wasnt for the fact you need 2x bubble, I would say dont nerf it ^^

It can be killed in other ways as has been stated in previous posts. We had our marauder spec for the added 80% speed to boost to help the group run out faster. We had our one sniper stay out as we ran toward his bubble (he also used entrenchment or whatever it's called so he wouldn't get pulled in.) Everyone had to pop med packs and defensive cooldowns if they had them. I had to pre-emptively bubble the squishier people (3-4 guys including myself) and finally had to heal myself on the run and once i was well outside the blue circle (I am a sorc.) It took some planning, but I can tell you it can be done with one sniper, although I can't say for sure if it can be done with zero. It is not impossible by any means, but clearly a bug as it made the purpose of the blue circle totally useless.

Why is 16 man Kephess in Hardmode so easy? no ae damage on pull in, the polarity robots die so fast... 8 man is almost a nightmare mode compared to it....

If you say so... I did 8 man first and then 16 man, and thought 16 man was the same difficulty level, minus the fact that you don't have to run out of the purple circle when he pulls you in... Which is a stupid easy and reused mechanic anyway. When we found out this week that they changed it so you had to run out, we still one shot the boss even running out. It changed nothing. And let's be honest, even if it took 4 times as long to kill the polarity droids, it would be no added challenge. That part is stupid easy, even the eye beams synch in such a way to not hit you.

If you say so... I did 8 man first and then 16 man, and thought 16 man was the same difficulty level, minus the fact that you don't have to run out of the purple circle when he pulls you in... Which is a stupid easy and reused mechanic anyway. When we found out this week that they changed it so you had to run out, we still one shot the boss even running out. It changed nothing. And let's be honest, even if it took 4 times as long to kill the polarity droids, it would be no added challenge. That part is stupid easy, even the eye beams synch in such a way to not hit you.

16 man HM was much easier. Regardless of how "over used" a mechanic is. Where as some dont find the polarity droids hard, others do and have died repeatively on it. I just don't like content being dumbed down further than it already is when you know the fight..

We killed it last night with the bug. Used the LoS tactic, because healing through it didn't work for our group composition.

Kill video:

Hopefully its fixed for the next raid so we can do it the proper way ;).

Was this fixed in today's patch? We have been stuck on this since last Tuesday. We can get him to 60% every time and simply can't find a way to survive his AOE. We've tried healing through it with a sniper shield and we still lose 6/8 players on the last tick.

This is incredibly frustrating as the fight is easy in comparison on 16m and I'm beginning to think we should join up with another 8 just to kill this guy.

Can someone explain to me the point of the LOS trick on the AOE that I've seen in some videos? Because it seems you still take the damage even if you LOS the AOE ... so what benefit does it have? We've tried several methods of healing through the damage but nothing seems to work. In the end we always take about 23-24k damage and our healers can't keep up and half the raid dies.

Not in patchnotes so probably not fixed, however, IF the patchnotes are correct for once, they buffed him in 16 player mode, funny. The polarity bots should have more health now and the gift now pulls the raid in and does damage.

Since I raid 8 man and the last week was just an annoying bugrun, I REALLY hope the 16 man version is at least as buggy now, so everyone can experience this the same way!

Edited by Shinaa

My guild (Prophecy - Krayt Dragon Server) encountered a bug on 8 man HM Kephess. During the mechanic where he pulls us all in we found that we were taking damage even outside the intended radius of his attack, causing the entire party to die (even with cool downs and our Maruader casting Predation). I understand that this bug might be an attempt to "gate" content. But we are the only group on server that progressed this far and would really like this problem addressed so we can continue progressing...

My guild (Prophecy - Krayt Dragon Server) encountered a bug on 8 man HM Kephess. During the mechanic where he pulls us all in we found that we were taking damage even outside the intended radius of his attack, causing the entire party to die (even with cool downs and our Maruader casting Predation). I understand that this bug might be an attempt to "gate" content. But we are the only group on server that progressed this far and would really like this problem addressed so we can continue progressing...

Read the rest of the thread. Bioware is working on it.

16 man HM was much easier. Regardless of how "over used" a mechanic is. Where as some dont find the polarity droids hard, others do and have died repeatively on it. I just don't like content being dumbed down further than it already is when you know the fight..

How can people honestly believe this? Only people who run 8 mans think it's harder, and they only say that in attempt to keep from marginalizing their efforts. I've done both, I cleared 8 man hard mode in a pug on the PTS before my guild ever even attempted 16 man. 16 man requires a little less on the individual level, but way more on the raid level.

Honestly I think what happens is people do all the work to clear it on 8 man, and then go to 16 man and are like "wow this was easy.."... Because they've already done it on 8 man. People tend to lose their objectivity entirely after killing a boss once.

You should try it the opposite way. Run a 16 man hard mode one night, and then immediately afterwards run an 8 man hard mode with alts. Your reaction will be "Wow this is so much easier"; I'm saying this from experience. The bottom line is, 8 man hard mode is doable on our alts with pugs, 16 man would be way more of a pain to pug and do with alts.

Edited by xenofire

How can people honestly believe this? Only people who run 8 mans think it's harder, and they only say that in attempt to keep from marginalizing their efforts. I've done both, I cleared 8 man hard mode in a pug on the PTS before my guild ever even attempted 16 man. 16 man requires a little less on the individual level, but way more on the raid level.

Honestly I think what happens is people do all the work to clear it on 8 man, and then go to 16 man and are like "wow this was easy.."... Because they've already done it on 8 man. People tend to lose their objectivity entirely after killing a boss once.

You should try it the opposite way. Run a 16 man hard mode one night, and then immediately afterwards run an 8 man hard mode with alts. Your reaction will be "Wow this is so much easier"; I'm saying this from experience. The bottom line is, 8 man hard mode is doable on our alts with pugs, 16 man would be way more of a pain to pug and do with alts.

Wow dude, just wow. So much fail in one post. They changed the mechanics since PTS, so your uber PTS experience means jack squat. I think its hilarious that you would try to comment on something that you have no experience in. Also, 16m has been bugged and he doesn't pull in OR do dmg during the big purple circle phase, AND 16m hm pulse droids had squat for hp and could be killed in one round. We can also kill the big walker droid in two bombs instead of 3 that it takes in 8m.

They fixed the two main bugs that made 16 man easier, but the fact remains that it WAS easier and you had no idea what you where talking about.

Wow dude, just wow. So much fail in one post. They changed the mechanics since PTS, so your uber PTS experience means jack squat. I think its hilarious that you would try to comment on something that you have no experience in. Also, 16m has been bugged and he doesn't pull in OR do dmg during the big purple circle phase, AND 16m hm pulse droids had squat for hp and could be killed in one round. We can also kill the big walker droid in two bombs instead of 3 that it takes in 8m.

They fixed the two main bugs that made 16 man easier, but the fact remains that it WAS easier and you had no idea what you where talking about.

So you think I haven't done 8m hard mode since release on PTS? You're being fascetious. I already told you it's alt and puggable on live.

And, in 8 man hard mode, we had to stop DPS during the second bomb so we don't kill him, just like we peel off in 16 man. As far as I'm concerned it's the exact same fight in 8 man and 16, just in 8 man the healing on the tank in phase 3 is easier.

The bugs they fix don't make it easier or harder, they just prolong the fight a small amount. If you're on hard mode kephiss, you can run out of a giant purple circle. There is nothing even innately difficult about the fight in either mode. The first time we pulled it in 8 man on the PTS we killed it in two attempts (after knowing story mode mechanics), the first time we did it on 16 man it took us 5 attempts. On live in 8 man we one shot it. The fight is a joke in both versions and the only thing that's even remotely difficult about the fight is healing the tank once Kephiss is on him-- which I find significantly easier in 8 man, and that's why I consider the fight easier in 8 man.

Edited by xenofire