Character transfer and Legacy Storage.

Syncourt

I heard that the items you have in legacy storage don't transfer, but do you at least retain all of your unlocked legacy storage tabs? Or is it like strongholds where they only remain unlocked if you paid cc for them?

I only just unlocked my 5th tab today.

Surely somebody knows the answer to this... right? :confused:

I haven't tried it but normally yes, you keep whatever unlocks you had. For instance additional legacy space. However stuff in said legacy storage does not transfer unless you put in in your cargo/ inventory.

What I'm not sure about is BOUND TO LEGACY stuff - in the appropriate cargo then. I'm transferring a toon laden with inheritance tokens, I hope they make it to the other server...

As for strongholds it seems you actually get all decos and additional rooms unlocked - not even needing to remove the decos from your origin server - with just one trick, needing to reactivate the stronghold itself at the stronghold consoles on fleet/planets. That is, buying the first room. Unless, I hear, it was bought with CC.

Edited by BenduKundalini

I heard that the items you have in legacy storage don't transfer, but do you at least retain all of your unlocked legacy storage tabs? Or is it like strongholds where they only remain unlocked if you paid cc for them?

Legacy storage tabs do not transfer. When you get to your new server and place your legacy storage container or even if you already have one there, it will only have one tab.

No, if you transfer a toon that was on a sever with lets say all 5 legacy banks unlocked to one with two, then you still only have the two on the new sever, because that's how many are unlocked on that sever. So if going to a sever with none then its none.

Totally baffled as to why you would think otherwise. you are in affect transferring to a new legacy.

No, if you transfer a toon that was on a sever with lets say all 5 legacy banks unlocked to one with two, then you still only have the two on the new sever, because that's how many are unlocked on that sever. So if going to a sever with none then its none.

Totally baffled as to why you would think otherwise. you are in affect transferring to a new legacy.

Totally baffled to how one could be so ignorant as to make the argument that legacy storage tabs should not transfer because 'you are in affect transferring to a new legacy'.

When you transfer, the following happens to legacy and legacy related items:

Legacy name transfers

Legacy level transfers

Legacy unlocks for completing class story chapters transfer

Legacy unlocks for maxing alignment transfer

Legacy unlocks for PVP valor levels transfer

Legacy character bonuses for completing companion conversations transfer

Legacy unlocks purchased with credits or CC transfer

Strongholds transfers (though set to deactivated state or destination server)

Decoration collection transfers

The only thing which DOES NOT transfer are legacy storage tabs, so looking at the list is is obvious one is NOT starting a a new legacy with a transfer but is instead transferring the legacy intact as well as the character, and logic would say players should expect legacy tabs unlocked to also transfer (though not the items in storage).

The real reason they do not transfer is because Bioware is greedy and changed the way unlocks work when stongholds were released.

In the past, buying an unlock with credits or CC resulted in the unlock being treated the same way, while with strongholds, paying with credits is a one time unlock which does not transfer, and in the case of a previously purchased stronghold being deactivated (even with a server transfer), requires paying the original fee to activate.

Yes it is just like strongholds as legacy storage was released at the same time under the new greedy 'must use CC to buy unlocks or they won't be treated the same way' mantra.

If you paid with CC, tabs will be open on the destination server and reactivating strongholds will have no cost.

If you paid with credits, tabs will not be open and reactivating strongholds will require paying the original fee again.

Edited by DawnAskham

Hm. I just transferred someone yesterday and I'm pretty sure i didn't pay for new tabs on the destination server, yet all 5 of my legacy storage tabs are up on both servers.

If you paid for tabs with CC, they will be open on all servers.

If you paid with credits, you will have to repurchase them on every server, even when you transfer.

Has anyone verified that you actually lose the tabs? I haven't had a chance yet to check mine, and I'm not sure if I used credits or cc. I ask because they also stated that you couldn't transfer a toon under level 10, but I transferred a few that were sub 10, just to spread my legacy to various servers. Edited by Holocron

Has anyone verified that you actually lose the tabs? I haven't had a chance yet to check mine, and I'm not sure if I used credits or cc. I ask because they also stated that you couldn't transfer a toon under level 10, but I transferred a few that were sub 10, just to spread my legacy to various servers.

I had purchased the first 2 with credits and the last 2 with CC because of the exchange rate once you get to the 4th and 5th box was more practical. On my new server, I had 2 extra slots open. So yea, if you got them with CC it is account wide, if you paid with credits it is only for that server.

I had purchased the first 2 with credits and the last 2 with CC because of the exchange rate once you get to the 4th and 5th box was more practical. On my new server, I had 2 extra slots open. So yea, if you got them with CC it is account wide, if you paid with credits it is only for that server.

Okay thank you. I kind of remember doing something similar. :(

Ok, so I have a quick question regarding server move.

~ In regards to the decorations, how does it work? Say I only move one character to a different server but I keep my other characters on my current server. Would the decorations essentially be on two servers? or would the decorations follow after the toon I'm transferring.

Ok, so I have a quick question regarding server move.

~ In regards to the decorations, how does it work? Say I only move one character to a different server but I keep my other characters on my current server. Would the decorations essentially be on two servers? or would the decorations follow after the toon I'm transferring.

You keep your decos on both but you will have to place them again on your new server.

Thanks for all the answers guys. Looks like I won't be transferring until they sort this out as I paid in credits. Took me a few weeks with my allocated playtime and I still have many other things I want to spend time/credits on rather than grinding for something i've already earned. Edited by Syncourt

Thanks for all the answers guys. Looks like I won't be transferring until they sort this out as I paid in credits. Took me a few weeks with my allocated playtime and I still have many other things I want to spend time/credits on rather than grinding for something i've already earned.

The way you say "they sort this out" is interesting.

What makes you think that anything is broken?

Anything you spend real money on transfers with you. So if youv'e spent CC on unlocks then you'll still have them.

If however you've spent credits then they don't. There is no indication from anyone that this isn't "as it should be".

Waiting until you've got the credits to unlock them again is a sensible idea. Waiting for BW to "fix" an issue they don't appear to think is an issue may not be the best idea.

• 4 weeks later...
The way you say "they sort this out" is interesting.

What makes you think that anything is broken?

Anything you spend real money on transfers with you. So if youv'e spent CC on unlocks then you'll still have them.

If however you've spent credits then they don't. There is no indication from anyone that this isn't "as it should be".

Waiting until you've got the credits to unlock them again is a sensible idea. Waiting for BW to "fix" an issue they don't appear to think is an issue may not be the best idea.

I'm spending real money on the transfer...

Well... not now I won't unless that system is changed.

Edited by Syncourt

I'm spending real money on the transfer...

Well... not now I won't unless that system is changed.

You're spending like, a dollar and ten cents on a transfer. They aren't changing their game for your dollar.

I was bitten by that, too. I was not happy about it.

You're spending like, a dollar and ten cents on a transfer. They aren't changing their game for your dollar.

Yes, that's right Einstein! I have one character with 5 tabs in legacy storage for god knows what. :rak_02:

I know there are a lot of others I've spoken to (probably hundreds more that I haven't) that refuse to transfer because of the time investment they have put in to the server that will also be lost. Like guild banks, flagships and strongholds. Sort of makes the transfer option pointless in the end unless you have money coming out your ears and want to pay real money to instantly receive every little tidbit the game offers to you instead of earning it by playing the actual game like millions of people prefer to do. Like it was before cartel coins came along. If you honestly think I am alone on this then your are very narrow minded and just plain ignorant. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with people who like to throw money away and believe everyone should follow suit, I just came here to confirm the issue before I rush into a mistake and lose my hard earned progress. I couldn't get an answer from anyone on our server because the people who transferred on our low pop server transferred off it (thanks to the lack of cross-server queues slowly killing PvP servers).

It's supposed to be a transfer as advertised, not half a transfer after all. I feel sorry for the those people who have shelled out full price for a bunch of char transfers, but wouldnt have done it had they known the hidden exemptions and now have to earn it all over again or pay money to get something back they already earned. Especially if they had valuable items in the legacy storage that were irreplacable.

I shouldn't even have to come asking questions on the forum for what can and can't be transferred. If it can't be transferred then it should all be in plain writing on the list when you go to transfer, along with mailbox items, friends lists, character names and those other minor inconvinences that take only minutes to replace.

Exempting from the description that if you don't give them money for legacy storage and strongholds ect. then you only get a part-transfer when you pay money for a transfer is a bit dirty IMO.

Edited by Syncourt