I'm bored of creating and seeing Humans.

PetFish

Humans have the most custom options over every other species. No other species even comes close.

As diverse and alien-rich the Star Wars universe is we're really throttled in what we're able to create here in TOR. I don't even need a new species (ie. Togruta) but seeing so many Humans around is getting really tiresome.

Even if they just ported the Human custom packs onto other species we currently have would be a huge improvement. I really don't know what's taking so long except that when I asked about it at the Vancouver Cantina Tour they basically said "if it's not game-breaking it's at the bottom of the list". I think this is a mistake. I have a lot of characters (16) but there are many who have way more and being able to diversify our Legacy would make the game have more depth and be more interesting, at least for me, and I would think for others as well.

It's been over a year (May 2013) since the custom packs were released in 2.1. Come on.

(...) It's been over a year (May 2013) since the custom packs were released in 2.1. Come on.

I want to have a moustache like Captain Revar here or appear worn-out like Orgus Din. Maybe my memory is fuzzy but I'm fairly sure I could have the latter in the early Beta I participated... In mid-2011 perhaps?

Same with the ornaments that Pure Blood characters like Vowrawn or Scourge have on their tendrils.

This stuff is already in the game; Why it hasn't been introduced in the CM is quite frankly beyond me.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I would not mind a second "customization patch" with more customization for the non-human classes

Especially considering they keep teasing you with it.

Chiss with cyborg implants, Cyborgs and Mirialan using some of the new hairstyles that were introduced in 2.1 and on and on... :o

I've made both a Chiss and a Sith Pureblood to get away from the human look, but in both cases dark side corruption removed their color and they just look Human anyway.

Never ever use dark side corruption.

It looks like crap on pretty much every race (including humans).

You can do alot with the complexions available in the appearance editor.

Never ever use dark side corruption.

It looks like crap on pretty much every race (including humans).

You can do alot with the complexions available in the appearance editor.

it doesn't look that bad on light skinned Twi'leks. Turns their skin almost white.

I really don't know what's taking so long except that when I asked about it at the Vancouver Cantina Tour they basically said "if it's not game-breaking it's at the bottom of the list".

How very disappointing :( I see so many people with the human pair pack that it had to have sold well! I would kill for more options! (Not literally!)

It`s a shame we don´t have more exotic species available to play, Selkath or Wookies.

It maybe ashame but the species have to speak basic because of all the recorded work and have to work within preexisting cutscenes and minimal armor clippping issues.

Add Trandoshans and Wookies, possibly even some Jawas. For the voices just add some distorted noises like they did with the NPCs.

One reason I really like Star Trek Online is because you can make your very own alien species in addition to being able to play as a Gorn:cool:. It kind of bums me that one of the biggest MMOs like SWTOR doesn't have anything like that.

Add Trandoshans and Wookies, possibly even some Jawas. For the voices just add some distorted noises like they did with the NPCs.

One reason I really like Star Trek Online is because you can make your very own alien species in addition to being able to play as a Gorn:cool:. It kind of bums me that one of the biggest MMOs like SWTOR doesn't have anything like that.

This has been stated to death, both before and after launch: Playable species MUST be human-like.

Trandoshans are lizards on two legs, Wookies are living carpets with nasty disposition and Jawas are gigantic rodent-like creatures, who wear a cowl.

They hardly fit the criteria.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Cutscenes in the game are very static, so anything that doesn't fit the initial mold would cause them to break. Like having a species that is too tall or too small. Also that's why non-force characters pull a single handed blaster out of thin air even if they don't use one, or why force classes use the 'turn-on lightsaber' animation even if they are not using a lightsaber.

But more on topic, yeah. I was super disappointed that only humans could get beards, it would be great to have more customization options.

I would spend more money on cartel coins if they unlocked more customization options. Hint hint.

I know there would be some major clipping issues with some combinations but I've already found a few in the game anyway...

Edited by AelixVII

Cutscenes in the game are very static, so anything that doesn't fit the initial mold would cause them to break. Like having a species that is too tall or too small. Also that's why non-force characters pull a single handed blaster out of thin air even if they don't use one, or why force classes use the 'turn-on lightsaber' animation even if they are not using a lightsaber.

But more on topic, yeah. I was super disappointed that only humans could get beards, it would be great to have more customization options.

Male Cathar can also have a beard but the choices available are smaller in number, compared to humans.

• 11 months later...

I'm revisiting this topic cuz I'm hoping with Togruta, which will have their own customization options, there may be more for other species as well.

The Star Wars universe is extremely species-diverse yet Humans are the only ones that can really be customized so that's pretty much all anyone, well, myself at least, makes now.

Sure, I have one of every species, but anyone new I create is always Human cuz of the options.

I'm not saying to go crazy with head options for Twi'lek and Togruta and stuff, but surely we can't have all the current Human eye/hair colour options on everyone else? We can't have more tattoo options for everyone (not just Marialan)? We can't put the Human hairstyles on the other Human-head species (Cyborg, Marialan, etc)?

How hard can this really be?

I'm not claiming it would be easy or anything but it really doesn't seem like it wouldn't be relatively so.

Seriously, this is about the only thing I really complain about. Once we get past a certain number of characters the options to keep new ones interesting just aren't there unless you stay with Human.

At the Vancouver Cantina Tour in January 2014 I got to ask this question in the 'open forum' so everyone there heard it. Musco seemed interested and said to tell my ideas to *that guy* (points, I forget the name), which I and another group did, and since then nothing has really happened even though they

TL;DR - I wish there were a LOT more customization options for our characters so we can make new ones that aren't Human cuz that's all anyone seems to be these days.

I will always support more customization options.

Some of them seem so incredibly arbitrary too, like purebloods not getting the long wavy hairstyle, yet they've gotten every other new hairstyle... I want my long haired purebloods. :mad:

Humans have the most custom options over every other species. No other species even comes close.

As diverse and alien-rich the Star Wars universe is we're really throttled in what we're able to create here in TOR. I don't even need a new species (ie. Togruta) but seeing so many Humans around is getting really tiresome.

Even if they just ported the Human custom packs onto other species we currently have would be a huge improvement. I really don't know what's taking so long except that when I asked about it at the Vancouver Cantina Tour they basically said "if it's not game-breaking it's at the bottom of the list". I think this is a mistake. I have a lot of characters (16) but there are many who have way more and being able to diversify our Legacy would make the game have more depth and be more interesting, at least for me, and I would think for others as well.

It's been over a year (May 2013) since the custom packs were released in 2.1. Come on.

so you want the other races to look even more human than they already do?? everything in this game looks human! if you want diversity then we need something defiantly NOT human... but that will never happen because that would involve work and bioware is anti alien, if its not mostly human looking, kill it with fire!!!! :(