PVP individual player statistics

Ayaan_Delphine

Good morning,

Players with the best min maxed aug war hero gear are no reflection of the actual players ability. I've completed the grind myself, but I really want the introduction of individual stats for players that can be viewed when inspecting a fellow player. Things like average protection, heals, dps, per match and win loss ratio etc.

With these kind of stats there is no where to hide and would provide a better indication of a players pvp skill. I also feel it would encourage players to improve their skill levels rather than hiding behind various qq threads in this section of the forum.

Is there any chance BW could implement such a scheme?

Good morning,

Players with the best min maxed aug war hero gear are no reflection of the actual players ability. I've completed the grind myself, but I really want the introduction of individual stats for players that can be viewed when inspecting a fellow player. Things like average protection, heals, dps, per match and win loss ratio etc.

With these kind of stats there is no where to hide and would provide a better indication of a players pvp skill. I also feel it would encourage players to improve their skill levels rather than hiding behind various qq threads in this section of the forum.

It seems a bit problematic. Consider the following points:

1. I play healer in half of warzones, and i'm dpser in another half. Calculation of average per match will result with both damage and heals cut in half :( Instead of having pure ~350k damage or 550k heals i will have 175k damage and 275k heals, which is worse imo.

2. Everyone increases his effectives while learning and gearing up. I might have lost 1 billion games before some point, and then i won another billion (stopped losing at all) and achieved only 50% success rate. well, it's clearly too perfect for true, but anyway - learning and gearing up affects your success rate.

The 2nd could be fixed by counting games played for last 3 (or 1 month - whatever) months. The 1st one is not so easy to take into account. We cant count only highest of damage/heals since there are people doing both, as well as counting my 25k damage along with 600k heals seems wrong :rolleyes:

Having statistics like that would be interesting though, i wouldn't say it will be very useful for something. And don't forget about objective orientation of pvp in swtor ;) Big heals and damage don't help in huttball at all if your team is miscoordinated.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply. I completely agree with both your points. Perhaps this suggestion solely applies to myself. As a pvper that is constantly looking to improve, an ingame automated stat system would help me on a personal level to indicate weaknesses (poor protection as a tank etc). For example, I would push for an option to tally results over 20 or so WZ's at a time. This way I can keep a record of a deliberate change in my play style and see if things improve or not.

I never judge my own efforts by (in my case) healing output, because honestly, warzones are objective oriented and can be accomplished, moment by moment, inseveral different ways. My objective is to do whatever I determine is smartest to help my team achieve objectives.

One voidstar last night I managed to successful stall 3 or 4 rebels in the hallway from reaching the bridge terminal through cc and allowing myself to die (in the process) twice. However, by the time they finally got to the bridge, most of my team was already at the second door. You guys know how it is when this happens, it basically greases the skids for the third door too.

Things like intelligent CC and situational healing/DPS don't show on the scoreboard, but they are what wins matches (coupled with player skill). A guy can put out 450k damage in a warzone, but if he's not bright enough to help CC incoming enemies out of the door while a node/door is being taken, he's hurting his team. If you don't (as a DPS) make a point of destroying the healers without remorse then you are hurting your team. When you don't focus fire on someone (when you yourself are unengaged) then generally speaking you are hurting the team effectiveness. These things can't be measured.

Edited by islander

Good morning,

Having rated pvp actualy working..small scale rated pvp(3v3 or 4v4)...and shwocasing Rating would fix this issue..