onderon dailies is nightmare

KumbayaGOD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dailies aren't so bad. The one-time quest to collect those 5 artefacts is really searching for a blue pixel.

The Imp Dailies are easier. Sometimes the weapon doesn't spawn for a while, but they give you 11 missions to choose from. The Pub side only has 10 and the final log still doesn't spawn for me. I have to do the Pub Weekly over two days.

Turning graphics down does

Yes, I did have to turn off shadows. It was an absolute nightmare trying to see anything in the jungle area or in low light areas. They really went over board with that stuff.

I do agree with the OP on the size of the stuff you need to find and even the clickable radius’s. They aren’t in line with the rest of the game and are much small.

If it wasn’t for some of the guides out there, I would never have found some stuff and I’m so surprised even they were able to. I definitely take my hat off to them and I am so grateful for those “pathfinders” in making those guides for us.

Yes, I did have to turn off shadows. It was an absolute nightmare trying to see anything in the jungle area or in low light areas. They really went over board with that stuff.

I do agree with the OP on the size of the stuff you need to find and even the clickable radius’s. They aren’t in line with the rest of the game and are much small.

If it wasn’t for some of the guides out there, I would never have found some stuff and I’m so surprised even they were able to. I definitely take my hat off to them and I am so grateful for those “pathfinders” in making those guides for us.

OK .. I'm just the odd duck on this one ! Yeah it's kind of a pain … but welcome to the jungle !! IMO one of the best environmental renderings to date !

Sorry ! Not trying to start anything ! I just thought that for "jungle fighting" it was pretty good !

;)

OK .. I'm just the odd duck on this one ! Yeah it's kind of a pain … but welcome to the jungle !! IMO one of the best environmental renderings to date !

Sorry ! Not trying to start anything ! I just thought that for "jungle fighting" it was pretty good !

;)

I agree the rendering is good. This issue is clutter and also the light in darkened areas like the tunnels. When you have a highend system with everything turned to max, the tunnels are too dark, as are other parts of the game since the graphics update.

With regards to the clutter. I think it comes down to your perspective and also how far you scroll out when you play the game.

Some people have their viewing distance scrolled right in and always play the game this way, other people, like myself, have the game scrolled out to 70% most of the time and have played like that for 8 years. When you are scrolled out that much, all you see is the tops of the trees, which is fine if there weren’t so many shadows and what I perceive as excessive clutter.

They could have achieved just as spectacular imagery by making some plants higher, have them less cluttered together and had the quest goals larger to see or click on.

Having to turn half my graphics down and nearly scroll into first person, totally ruins the whole effort Bioware put into making such a visually appealing area for me to play.

I obviously don’t expect them to change the graphics setting or redesign all the tree coverage, but they could easily make those quest items bigger so they stand out more and are easier to click on.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

After doing them a few times, I can quite easily find them now. The issue is where sometimes the placement of the item is not right and so it puts it under something else or under the ground. Changing instance can help but that's a bug they need to fix.

Still, as it stands now, I can complete each quest quite easily and you have 11 dailies for a 10-quest weekly so I wouldn't call it a nightmare. Seems a bit of an exaggeration to me but that bug they need to fix. Also some of the gathering nodes you can't reach because of that poor placement.

After doing them a few times, I can quite easily find them now. The issue is where sometimes the placement of the item is not right and so it puts it under something else or under the ground. Changing instance can help but that's a bug they need to fix.

Still, as it stands now, I can complete each quest quite easily and you have 11 dailies for a 10-quest weekly so I wouldn't call it a nightmare. Seems a bit of an exaggeration to me but that bug they need to fix. Also some of the gathering nodes you can't reach because of that poor placement.

The most poignant part of your post is “after doing them a few times, I can quite easily find them now”.

The problem is you can’t find them at the start very easily. I can see why some people would still find it difficult after a few goes if they aren’t there every day to burn it into their memory. The locations it says where they are on the map isnt always right or even close. Lots of it comes down to memory.

The first time on the Pub side took me a little over an hour, partially because I sat waiting for that ship log way too long which was bugged at the time. Once I brought in my alt, she was done in 30 minutes because I knew what was where and figured out a route. I didn't turn off shadows but I did set my grass to 0 because the beast tracking one, for instance, was difficult to spot otherwise.

Imperial side was no problem at all, though I've started skipping the one down in those temple chambers where you gotta collect relics. The many rooms and hallways drive me nuts and feel too time consuming. :o

The most poignant part of your post is “after doing them a few times, I can quite easily find them now”.

The problem is you can’t find them at the start very easily. I can see why some people would still find it difficult after a few goes if they aren’t there every day to burn it into their memory. The locations it says where they are on the map isnt always right or even close. Lots of it comes down to memory.

You say that like it's a bad thing. The only daily on the imp side that requires such items is where you have to pick up 3 items from groups of republic soldiers. Those 3 locations are always the same but the item might be in a slightly position but still there.

It's one quest and you can skip it since there are 11. Don't remember the rep side so much but I don't remember having much trouble there either. So I'm not sure what the fuss is about. They just need to fix the bugs and all is fine afaic.

I agree the rendering is good. This issue is clutter and also the light in darkened areas like the tunnels. When you have a highend system with everything turned to max, the tunnels are too dark, as are other parts of the game since the graphics update.

With regards to the clutter. I think it comes down to your perspective and also how far you scroll out when you play the game.

Some people have their viewing distance scrolled right in and always play the game this way, other people, like myself, have the game scrolled out to 70% most of the time and have played like that for 8 years. When you are scrolled out that much, all you see is the tops of the trees, which is fine if there weren’t so many shadows and what I perceive as excessive clutter.

They could have achieved just as spectacular imagery by making some plants higher, have them less cluttered together and had the quest goals larger to see or click on.

Having to turn half my graphics down and nearly scroll into first person, totally ruins the whole effort Bioware put into making such a visually appealing area for me to play.

I obviously don’t expect them to change the graphics setting or redesign all the tree coverage, but they could easily make those quest items bigger so they stand out more and are easier to click on.

Let me try again. I think perhaps I was not clear about one of the side affects of "jungle fighting". It's tight quarters. and yes it does seem a lot like FPS perspective.. And yes .. seeing the trees (for the most part) when they get in the way is a royal pain. BUT there again (just my opinion) but this is a lot of the element when dealing with "jungle fighting". It's not like being in a big space station or fighting in streets. finding the target that's shooting at you is considerably tougher ! Which in turn makes it harder to get a lock on that target too ! The thicker the forest .. the tougher the "element". Wait until you find yourself in an element where the brush is so thick you can only move SLOWLY … and there are obstructions all around you.

Quite honestly back in the day (about 35 - 40 years ago) I use to do a lot of small game hunting. Sooo yeah I'm a little more adapt to it ! :D

Let me try again. I think perhaps I was not clear about one of the side affects of "jungle fighting". It's tight quarters. and yes it does seem a lot like FPS perspective.. And yes .. seeing the trees (for the most part) when they get in the way is a royal pain. BUT there again (just my opinion) but this is a lot of the element when dealing with "jungle fighting". It's not like being in a big space station or fighting in streets. finding the target that's shooting at you is considerably tougher ! Which in turn makes it harder to get a lock on that target too ! The thicker the forest .. the tougher the "element". Wait until you find yourself in an element where the brush is so thick you can only move SLOWLY … and there are obstructions all around you.

Quite honestly back in the day (about 35 - 40 years ago) I use to do a lot of small game hunting. Sooo yeah I'm a little more adapt to it ! :D

The thing is, I’m not doing any fighting. Most of it is a treasure hunt and nothing more. When you do have to fight stuff, low and behold, the jungle is thinned out in those areas.

Anyway, I’ve no problem fighting, you can see the “red dudes” to kill. My problem is finding certain things that are so tiny and would be missed if someone hadn’t made a guide.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Location it shows with radar-like icon,is area or vicinty,not specific point. Unless there is triangle on map. And ship log daily is fixed,people should stop saying it's broken. I do that daily in 2min or so.

Just because you don't find something 1st time right away,doesn't mean daily zone is bad.

The thing is, I’m not doing any fighting. Most of it is a treasure hunt and nothing more. When you do have to fight stuff, low and behold, the jungle is thinned out in those areas.

Anyway, I’ve no problem fighting, you can see the “red dudes” to kill. My problem is finding certain things that are so tiny and would be missed if someone hadn’t made a guide.

I did them without looking online for guide. And for those emitters I just asked in chat and people told me, what to look for. Once you know,what to look for,it's not hard. There is litterally route you take to do them all.

I start with those 3 to kill in phase. Sorry I don't know names of dailies. Then over the bridge,1st spot for beast. Then along beach area for those 6 things. I get bonus from there,I kill that. Then 2nd spot for beast. From there on I go to ship log area. After that 3rd spot for beast. Then I tame those 3 beasts and put them in boxes. Then I go to last spot for beast. Do that. Along the beach I kill some mando's for armor. I go into cave,click and kill 2 mobs. I go back out to get all mando armors. Then I quick travel in front of bridge. Go in first cave on left. 2nd click,kill another 2. I go back out and take path to cave up ahead. Kill last set and that done. Take path that leads straight to fire. Pick it up. Mount and go into cave. Do that one...then I do the other one that is there in phase. Go back out and you got 3 scanners near in same place everytime.

I know my description is weird and boring....those,who know...know...those who don't. it doesn't matter.

YUP !! that too ! I take it you found the neckless ?

I'm sorry... not being rude ! I love the environment ! (better than Yavin 4 and waaaaay better than Tatooine.

BTW... it should be noted that IMO BW has done a great job on the planets I've mentioned ! I'm just having more fun with this new one.

;)

EDIT... I also noticed the fish in the shallow lake near the area where the Mandalorians are. Now all we need is a larger … DEEPER lake … a few more fish … and a good bass rod !

:D

Edited by OlBuzzard

I did them without looking online for guide. And for those emitters I just asked in chat and people told me, what to look for. Once you know,what to look for,it's not hard. There is litterally route you take to do them all.

I start with those 3 to kill in phase. Sorry I don't know names of dailies. Then over the bridge,1st spot for beast. Then along beach area for those 6 things. I get bonus from there,I kill that. Then 2nd spot for beast. From there on I go to ship log area. After that 3rd spot for beast. Then I tame those 3 beasts and put them in boxes. Then I go to last spot for beast. Do that. Along the beach I kill some mando's for armor. I go into cave,click and kill 2 mobs. I go back out to get all mando armors. Then I quick travel in front of bridge. Go in first cave on left. 2nd click,kill another 2. I go back out and take path to cave up ahead. Kill last set and that done. Take path that leads straight to fire. Pick it up. Mount and go into cave. Do that one...then I do the other one that is there in phase. Go back out and you got 3 scanners near in same place everytime.

I know my description is weird and boring....those,who know...know...those who don't. it doesn't matter.

Chat didn’t work on Onderron when I started doing the story. And it wasn’t working up till a week ago, I didn’t know they’d fixed it,

I should also clarify, I didn’t use the guide for the dailies, just that world mission you have at the start that gets you to go find the 5 items around the map. I did try without the guide at the start, but 4 hours and only finding one thing made me want to break the keyboard.

The Mando helmet drove me nuts even with the guide because I knew where it was supposed to be and unless you stand in the right spot, you can’t see it (at least on our PC’s). So I was nearly standing on top of it and couldn’t see it from above.

I also couldn’t see the necklace on the shelf because it was so dark in there (until I turned my graphics down :rolleyes:)

The light sabre hilt was also hard to find and certainly no where close to the map icon for it.

The easiest was the Tulak Tomb item, I found that fast.

Even knowing where they all are now, when I took my wife there I still had to explain and show her how to see some of them properly. It didn’t help that the Sabre hilt wasn’t visible at all. I think it was partly in the ruins. I ended up moving her mouse around slowly till the icon changed to a hand.

Surprisingly, we had the hardest time finding the one in the Tomb because we kept getting turned around (we have an excuse, she has trouble with maps, thank god for GPS IRL)

So, I guess it’s not actually the dailies for me, it’s those 5 items in that quest that need to be enlarged and highlighted a bit more,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

YUP !! that too ! I take it you found the neckless ?

I'm sorry... not being rude ! I love the environment ! (better than Yavin 4 and waaaaay better than Tatooine.

BTW... it should be noted that IMO BW has done a great job on the planets I've mentioned ! I'm just having more fun with this new one.

;)

EDIT... I also noticed the fish in the shallow lake near the area where the Mandalorians are. Now all we need is a larger … DEEPER lake … a few more fish … and a good bass rod !

:D

Yeah, found the necklace once I turn my graphics right down :(

And yes, I do love the colour scheme and the Jungle model. The lighting (outside) and colour scheme outside is very pleasant (much more than Yavin). It kind of reminds me of Scarif in Rogue One.

I’ve already mentioned my main criticisms and they aren’t about the beauty of the place, which is lovely.

The only other criticisms of Onderron and Meksha is not being able to fly over head and enjoy the vista properly going between flight points. The flight phasing only shows you the briefest view from above,

I really think they missed a great opportunity to show off how lovely Onderron is and all the great work they did on it. I also don’t like that I can’t explore some of the map areas in between. It has the feel of not being finished.

And poor Meksha. I was so looking forward to flying from one point to another like you do on Nar Shad. Being in an Astroid and the cool design would also have been a visual vista and given you a more immersive experience flying around,

Edited by TrixxieTriss