"Covert Energy Head Armor" as a hood toggle?

Ancaglon

It occurs to me that if you create an item that is essentially invisible but mark it as one that affects the hood, then people will be able to choose whether robe hoods are up (by using Hide head slot) or folded back (by unselecting Hide head slot).

Thoughts?

It occurs to me that if you create an item that is essentially invisible but mark it as one that affects the hood, then people will be able to choose whether robe hoods are up (by using Hide head slot) or folded back (by unselecting Hide head slot).

Thoughts?

Since they may be having issues trying to program in a real toggle, your idea may be a really good one.

• 1 month later...

This just might work A) because it seems like a fairly straightforward fix based on existing tools (i.e. other covert energy gear) and B) because that solution could be sold to us for Cartel Coins. (I know, slightly cynical of me.)

Regardless, it sounds like it just might work and invisible head gear is about the only headgear I've seen in game so far that I wouldn't automaticlly click the hide head slot option on.

Thoughts?

Don't know if it'll work, but that's a nice idea. Edited by Eres

I like this idea. :) But devs, if you do make a Covert Energy Head Armor . . . please remember Miraluka, and leave their default masks visible with it! Since the "fix" with headgear clipping on Miraluka many patches ago, I have not been able to use headgear to hide my character's hood without having my character's default mask removed. And I really, really hate those tiny sunglasses looking things that replace it. With invisible headgear there is absolutely no reason to not show their default masks, as clipping is obviously not a concern.

I'd much prefer a real hood toggle, in which the hood is still visible in a down position when removed, but that is taking forever and this would be nice to have as a temporary/alternative fix.