3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thmsleon

What amuses me is that the same people keep on writing about how disappointed they are by something BW did or did not again and again and again. Eventually, you should get it, shouldn't you? I mean, how can something disappoint you again and again? How high are your expectations? When will you finally accept that it is how it is? Life is so much easier then. I used to be disappointed by patches and updates etc, too. But then I understood the nature of this game after F2P. Ever since I can enjoy Swtor again.

Have you really thought they would announce this thing this week? I did not. And I also don't care. It comes when it comes. It does not affect me the least bit. (Funnily though, the hate in here affects me. Or effects me? I don't know, no native speaker.)

If I tell you that you get a goodie and then hit you on the head instead, wouldn't you - maybe around the 10th time or so - protect your head upfront? According to your complaints here, it seems you wouldn't.

P. S. I feel like I'm becoming Andryah. ;)

Edited by JattaGin

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several weeks = November. Expansion is coming out Dec 23rd at the very latest (as obvs it would not be released Dec 30)). When exactly do they plan to build hype among general audience/old-subs/new potential customers along with enough time to gather pre-orders and whatnot?

And I don't buy this new sub perk is so big it needs weeks of developement lol

Edited by Pietrastor

Well, seems that they have an issue communicating internally as well as externally. They definitely goofed up. Still, "pissed" seems a strong emotional response to a press release delay.

The problem remains, they need to have this press release out there, before they are allowed to publish anything about the Expansion. So this means no press release, no 3.0 info until then. And yes, that is a public releations problem.

I'm ok with the delay because we already know that this thing is coming. We already know it will be here before the end of the year. We know there is something "special" for subs.

Anything else they tell us is just troll bait and I'm happy to wait another couple of weeks for that to start.

haha this :)

I'll just copy / past here:

Modicum. Of. Honesty.

Not much else.

or...they didn't know about it and decided today based on NEW information to change the plans...but no, you're right they are evil people out to do nothing but troll, lie, and are totally reading this wondering why they are being drug through the muck. Because if they didn't say anything the rage tomorrow would be even worse, if they said something that changed we (well NOT ME) would be equally outraged.

Here's a disturbing thought:

Maybe they know that the "expansion" is so small and feature-less that they're afraid subs will leave just from the announcement, so they have to sweeten the deal with a "perk".....Only they're still trying to think of a perk big enough to counteract the coming disappointment....

I wonder what they'll come up with to recolor for the subs this time.....

I think it's more likely that they still intend to meet their deadline, have realized they can't, and so they're deciding which things are going to be in 3.0, and which are going to be the "updates" for 3.1 and 3.2.

My problem is:

*My ops group isn't running ops any more.

*All of my toons are 55. No point in gearing them out if the level's getting raised.

*Don't want to start a new toon on the off chance that we might finally get another playable new race.

So, I have nothing to do besides conquests - which are nice, but not long-term log-in bait.

Now, BW is in a precarious position. Do I sub for October in the hopes that the announcement is good? Or, do I take this inability to get so much as a press-release together as a bad omen for 3.0 and unsub until proven otherwise? Well, when an announcement was coming tomorrow, I didn't have to make this decision. I'm not saying I've already decided to run away and never come back, but the fact that I'm debating about it now, when I wasn't earlier, does not bode well.

or...they didn't know about it and decided today based on NEW information to change the plans...but no, you're right they are evil people out to do nothing but troll, lie, and are totally reading this wondering why they are being drug through the muck. Because if they didn't say anything the rage tomorrow would be even worse, if they said something that changed we (well NOT ME) would be equally outraged.

Nobody is saying they're evil..

...just incompetent.

Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.

Glad to hear it. Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know that we subscribers are getting something cool. and also thanks for posting in this thread which a "famous person" regarded to be not needed(really want to see his face now).

If they are seriously doing that, its pissing me off more. Sorry doing stupid stuff while you should be releasing something that was promised?

In their defense, those guys are working on development so no worries. On the other hand, we see what the community team is doing other than talking to their community, as usual.

I know what the subscriber perk is gonna be!

Beta access to whatever that is!

AHAHAHA!

That actually made me guffaw.

Alrighty, I'm off, I've heckled BW enough for today.

Edited by Elfa

Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.

:) Nice I dont mind waiting for the info or having any delay on the release date if that means we get a sweet new expansion, cool new content and some nice looking freebies for being subscribers.

Look, I'm not sure if anyone here is actually what I would call "pissed off", but we are disappointed and we're using this opportunity to blow off some steam at Bioware's much deserved expense.

If that's all people are doing, no worries, but there's some serious vitriol in some of these responses that has me thinking we have some of

going on.