Help with an error/bug

I need help with an issue I am currently having. Ever since patch 2.8, my chat window has disappeared for one of my characters. This doesn't affect other alts I have under my account in the same server. I have tried to reset my chat/interface settings back to their default settings and no results. :confused:

I have submitted a ticket about this issue but all I got in return from Bioware was "thanks for reporting the bug" and that's it. No solution or any helpful tip. I'm disappointed.

I really do not want to uninstall/reinstall the game but I will if I have too.

Any got any ideas or know of a solution?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

If you submitted you ticket as bug report, there will be no answer except of an automatic "thank you for reporting", these tickets don't go to the GMs but directly to the dev team.

If you want a GM to help you with something, you have to choose one of the other categories.

Concerning your problem, do you have one chat window with several tabs attached to it, or have you changed your UI to have serveral chat windows at different places on your screen?

I have made an extra window for the conversations and system warnings, as far as i know the location of the chat window is also saved in your ui profile, but not by what it displays but by the order the tabs were created. It happens that one tab disappers, if the character using the profile doesn't have as many tabs as the character creating the profile was using. For example a new character has only the 2 or 3 standard tabs, if the extra window was created as the 6. tab it won't be displayed. If the order of tabs on the new character is different or the settings he is using, for example the 6. is guild instead of system, it seems that the system tab is gone, although it is just elsewhere.

Try this

•Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.

•Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

In the settings folder is he(number)_(Charactername)_PlayerGUIState.ini

find the one for the affected character and delete it

Try this

•Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.

•Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

In the settings folder is he(number)_(Charactername)_PlayerGUIState.ini

find the one for the affected character and delete it

Thank you very much!!! This solved my issue.

Welcome and Glad to hear its sorted

oooo First time I've seen those files. Do we have a guide for them? Rather stay away from the technical stuff (My wordpress and sto days still haunt me) but would be nice if we did. Thanks.

oooo First time I've seen those files. Do we have a guide for them? Rather stay away from the technical stuff (My wordpress and sto days still haunt me) but would be nice if we did. Thanks.

No guide that I know of, but Customer Service has given this answer a bunch of times when someone has weird settings specific to one character. Deleting this file will reset all character specific non-Interface Editor settings to the default. Interface Editor settings are stored in %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles

If it affects all characters, then the client_settings.ini file is the one you want to delete.

Edited by Bstr