PvPers, which do you prefer MORE: OWPvP/Warzones?

LukeRPWalker

Which one do you prefer more (or most of the time):

Open World PvP: Ilum, Outlaw's Den, spontaneous/organized fights, guild fights etc, random ganks etc.

OR

Warzones: Set battles, 8 versus 8 in one of the three instanced warzones.

If you prefer both equally or none at all, don't vote here please. You can also state your reason to prefer whichever.

So: OWPvP or WZ?

I prefer OWPvP. Because there is momentum for surprise, room for unorthodox strategies, the thrill of actually fighting and dying, you can win with less manpower if you outwit the opponent, the environments are more versatile, it wakens up the world outside cities, it's more challenging (in my opinion, because everybody can learn tactics of a specific zone/setting with a lot of practise, whereas in open world you rarely fight in the same setting) and so on.

Open world PvP as it encourages skill moreso than a warzone. In a warzone if you lose...big deal. Open world if you lose, well, you kinda lost that section of the planet. Open world PvP is generally what makes a PvP game shine. Warzones are fun as well, but open world PvP is where it's at in my opinion....as long as the servers can handle it .

Which one do you prefer more (or most of the time):

Open World PvP: Ilum, Outlaw's Den, spontaneous/organized fights, guild fights etc, random ganks etc.

OR

Warzones: Set battles, 8 versus 8 in one of the three instanced warzones.

If you prefer both equally or none at all, don't vote here please. You can also state your reason to prefer whichever.

So: OWPvP or WZ?

Here is the think you asked for opinions, yet you wish to shut out the opinions of those that may choose the middle ground.

Well I am going to voice mine and it is the middle.

I am in favor of both just about evenly, maybe warzones a bit higher then OW.

I have played both types of games, that have only OW PvP, and those types of games usually comes down to raid vs raid, and very little small group stuff.

I have also played games that consist of mostly BG style PvP, and that does get repetitive after a while.

But they both have their place, and are both good things to have. With BG style PvP at least the teams are somewhat even (I know many servers are having high lvl differences but I think that will change as of the launch of the game). OW PvP is nice too to give a slightly realistic take on war, and a nice break away from the BG grinds.

As I said, both have their place.

I look at pvp as a sport and there's no competition in sport when you're outnumbered 2:1. I personally prefer to pvp as a team and the only level ground for that to happen is in WZ so that's what I personally prefer.

I've played plenty of opvp and don't get me wrong I have a blast with it. But when I can gauge my team's skill vs another and come out on top that is the most satisfying feeling for me.

Random open world encounters are fun as hell on smaller scales, but team pvp is where it's at for me.

Anything with objectives and team coordination to execute strategies. Random OW ganking or arena-style deathmatches don't interest me, but either OW areas or WZs with real objectives interest me.

I haven't gotten to Ilum or Outlaw's Den yet, so we'll see about those. I'm having a blast in the WZs so far. I have seen exactly 1 Sith in the OW so far, but I hear the next set of zones (after Tatooine/Alderaan) start having us quest closer together.

Open World.

Yes it can suck when you are out numbered or there is a zerg on, but when it works its just friggin awsome in a way that scenarios can never ever be.

Scenarios can be good. Unfortunately not enough popped today for me to see if there are any good maps, but scenarios are ruined by premades.

Of course, if there is no balance (oh the puns we can have with THAT) between classes then it will be like wow, stunlock, death, res, repeat and just lead to a lot of rageing and nerfing and people not wanting to play.

Lets hope they get it right, that there are no 'class killers' and that fights last long enough for people to actually be able to play the game, instead of just a few one sided seconds.

Open world, however...open world PvP rewards should NOT be individual rewards (or at least only marginally so). Make it something like...a 10% damage buff for the ENTIRE faction that controls a PvP world, for as long as they can hold it. Ad a second PvP world with a 10% healing buff for the faction that holds it. A third with a 10% XP gain buff, etc. When I say 'for the faction that holds it' I mean faction wide, everywhere. If Republic holds all 3, that level 1 alt that you just rolled is doing 10% more damage, 10% more healing, and gaining 10% more XP.

Watch people drop everything to defend their worlds. Watch masive battles take place. World PvP should be meaningful and have consequences...not just 'what shiny gear can *I* get out of it".

I rolled on a PvP server for world PvP. If I wanted to do battleground/warzone/cagefights, I could have just as easily rolled on a PvE server.

I like both....but unfortunatly I have yet to see open world PvP.

I am a 26 SIA on Aldaran and I have only done a few quests there....but of the few I have done I have not seen 1 republic soilder out there in the World.

Anyone else int he same boat?

Perhapse it is just because the game launched just today.

I like both....but unfortunatly I have yet to see open world PvP.

I am a 26 SIA on Aldaran and I have only done a few quests there....but of the few I have done I have not seen 1 republic soilder out there in the World.

Anyone else int he same boat?

Perhapse it is just because the game launched just today.

That's pretty much going to be your hot spot.

Camp the datacrons and make the enemy earn em.

I look at pvp as a sport and there's no competition in sport when you're outnumbered 2:1. I personally prefer to pvp as a team and the only level ground for that to happen is in WZ so that's what I personally prefer.

I've played plenty of opvp and don't get me wrong I have a blast with it. But when I can gauge my team's skill vs another and come out on top that is the most satisfying feeling for me.

Random open world encounters are fun as hell on smaller scales, but team pvp is where it's at for me.

There's where you went wrong.

What about those 5 on 20 times when your 5 wins. You can't gauge your success by that. I loved Shadowbane and I always will. If BioWare was ballsy enough they would implement Outlaw's Den on a few planets and allow guilds to build small cities there.

Dont we already have OPVP...Ilum?

LoL. Ilum is a zone. True Open World PvP is you know the whole server, where we could enter into the capital city of the opposing faction and crack some skulls.

No, sadly Ilum is not Open World PvP, it is only a large zoned PvP instance. The rule set for Outlaw's Den is the closest thing we have to open world PvP, but again that is a single zone. I would be satisfied if they opened up 5 other worlds that guilds could fight over.