how do sages heal over 1.2 mil in pvp?

cfcstl

I have noticed a few sages that heal for over a million health during a pvp battle. I even asked one how he does it and inspected him, but nothing really stood out on his rotation or stats.

Is there a spec that is must have for healers?

As a reference, I am 2018 and usually heal for around 400k but I add dps support during a match.

For starters, stop clicking.

But seriously, just practice. Make sure you understand your different healing abilities and when the best time to use them is; understand your procs. Learn positioning and kiting so you die less. 1 million shouldn't be hard to break. Just practice.

Edited by Jimmajamma

well, what is your damage output then? And how much healing do you do if you don't dps?

But 400k if you're the sole healer and dont get globalled each time you respawned is little. That's what I do on my merc when there're 2 other healers in the match and I end up derping about.

1.2 million heals is not really that much anymore for any healing class. If i don't at least get a million on my healer, either

1) we got owned so bad i died before i could heal at all (rare)

2) It was a really short match

3) The others team total damage didn't equal a mil.

Assuming that there is enough damage going out from the other team 1.2 million healing is actually... nothing.

Hate to break it to you, but unless you are fighting people who are doing almost zero damage you should have no issue breaking 1 - 2 million healing from one match to the next, hard pressed matches that "go the distance" should see you putting up between 2.5-4 million (though hitting 3.5-5mil healing is usually the sign that at least one group is trying to farm).

I would suggest that you hover over the total healing numbers at the end of the warzone and see what the HPS (Healing Per Second) is, short games will often result in low overall healing but high HPS (and long games can produce high overall healing but somewhat low HPS).

If you are actually heal spec then focus on healing. I often do very little damage when I'm on my healers. I'm not the best healer by a long shot but I usually get 1m -1.5m in heals on sorc, op, and Merc. Use your aoes a lot. Sorcs have a couple good aoes. Keep everyone's health pool up even when running between fights. Focus your heals one whoever is being focused. Put you aoe down to where it hits as many of your group as possible.

I think it comes down to what one of the others said. Just practice. You will get there. If your team is completely destroying the other team though you might not have much to heal in the first place.

I have noticed a few sages that heal for over a million health during a pvp battle. I even asked one how he does it and inspected him, but nothing really stood out on his rotation or stats.

Is there a spec that is must have for healers?

As a reference, I am 2018 and usually heal for around 400k but I add dps support during a match.

I hate to be rude...but seriously?! 400k in healing and you're full PVP gear? What class are you?

As a scoundrel I'm ashamed of myself if I don't consistently break 1 million for a decently long match. The role of a HEALER is not to DPS, so stay away from DPS'ing, cuts down on how much you can heal. Only reason you should DPS is if your team is COMPLETELY dominating and no one needs healing.

If it was a low healing match (multiple healers, low enemy damage, etc), the sage fluffed his numbers with Noble Sacrifice.

Otherwise, if you can't do more than 400K heals and your team is actually dying because of it, you do have major L2P issues (unless it's an overall unbalanced match and you're being massively focused and shut down while the match is short). 900k-1.2M is basically a normal match for a healer these days. If you're in a high healing match (for instance, you solo heal a long stalemate at Alderaan's mid turret) you should aim to exceed 2M.

Edited by MiaowZedong

I did 1m dps and healed for 500k from dot spam the other night. 1m heals should be easy.

I usually have a 2:1 ratio similar to this... Depending on the map and the quality of the opposition my dps might be 1.2mil dps and 600k healing or 800k dps and 400k healing... There are matches like Hutt ball when I off heal the ball carrier where the ration is 1:1... Ie 500k dps and 500k healing