Auguments/Synth

Bookworm_Jedi

Popped back onto my dps sin that I put synth on. Nearly maxed out, I can create Lv 9-10 augs/kits.

As someone who can make my own... should I craft them for myself since my sin is 70, or are there higher schematics I can learn?

Level 10 is the highest *kit* level, but it's worth going back to the trainer for the 236 and 240 schematics.

Thanks. I think I'm about to hit 600 for my synth. I have the ossus kit avaible to me.

I just need a refresher on getting componets.

To test, I just wanted to craft an MK-8 or 9 for my lightsaber. But I need 10 aug slots componets.

is the only way I can get these is through REing 8 or 9 items? Like a piece or armor?

Thanks. I think I'm about to hit 600 for my synth. I have the ossus kit avaible to me.

I just need a refresher on getting componets.

To test, I just wanted to craft an MK-8 or 9 for my lightsaber. But I need 10 aug slots componets.

is the only way I can get these is through REing 8 or 9 items? Like a piece or armor?

To get kit-components, you need to RE items of the same grade that you make yourself, and the most efficient thing to RE (in terms of materials used per kit-component) is the basic "bonded attachment" (or equivalent) components.

And of course blue-220 augments *are* grade 10, and crafted using normal materials against a trainer schematic. RE them for purple-228 augments, also grade 10 made with normal materials. Don't bother with grade 8/9 augments - go straight for 220s and 228s.

Thanks! I'm 600 with all my abilites, can't learn any more from the trainer as well. :)

Interesting. I'll have to go back to my sin and look at what I have. I'm pretty sure I picked all the augments ie that are critical for me, I just get confused when I have to make a aug slot and a kit.

Thanks! I'm 600 with all my abilites, can't learn any more from the trainer as well. :)

Interesting. I'll have to go back to my sin and look at what I have. I'm pretty sure I picked all the augments ie that are critical for me, I just get confused when I have to make a aug slot and a kit.

DPS sin or Tank sin? DPS sin uses mostly Synth augments (critical, mostly, with a bit of accuracy and alacrity), but Tank sin uses (in PvE) tanking augments made by Armormech. The "yellow" augments (236 and 240) are not necessarily made by the same crew skill as the equivalent ones at 228 and below...

And nothing (apart from a lack of credits) stops you buying aug kit components or completed aug kits on the GTN.

DPS sin :cool:

I was able to craft MK10 kit, and superior crit aug for my saber at least. I have the ossun component, but I have a feeling you can't craft the 258's until you reach the planet I assume?

I'm still Tier 1 regarding gear, but If I aug all my T1 stuff, I assume once I hit Tier 2 I 'd loss my augs since I'd have to replace the armor?

DPS sin :cool:

I was able to craft MK10 kit, and superior crit aug for my saber at least. I have the ossun component, but I have a feeling you can't craft the 258's until you reach the planet I assume?

I'm still Tier 1 regarding gear, but If I aug all my T1 stuff, I assume once I hit Tier 2 I 'd loss my augs since I'd have to replace the armor?

The highest augments are 240s. Ossus crafting is for main gear, not augments.

There are two possibilities for what to do if you augment T1 gear:

* Make or buy new aug kits and pull the augments(0) from the T1 gear to put it in the T2 gear.

* For armour and weapons only, including your Focus offhand, pull the T2 gear's mod-objects out and put them in the T1 gear.

"Left Side" gear (Ear, Implants, Relics)(1) must be handled by drilling new augment slots or by not bothering at all until you reach a higher tier.

(0) Ctrl+Right-click the item to open its modification panel, then right-click the mod-object (including augments and tunings) you want to remove. You can do this for armour dyes as well, but they are destroyed rather than transferred to your inventory. Either way, it costs credits to remove mod-objects from gear.(2)

(1) Although it's on the left, wrist armour is not "Left Side" gear because it works like armour.

(2) I'm not sure of the relative economics of pulling three mod-objects from the higher-tier gear versus making/buying an aug kit, fitting it, and pulling one augment from the lower-tier gear. It probably depends on the tier. (the stronger the mod-object is, the more it costs to pull it.)

• 5 weeks later...

technically it's cheaper to pull the aug and make (not buy) a new kit, at least for T3+ gear... but most people just eat the cost and pull the item modifications from new gear and pop it into legacy gear so it can be hot swapped to mirror characters.

pulling modifications/ augments out at 240+ is ~50k/mod... but compared to income at that level, it's not a big deal

pulling modifications/ augments out at 240+ is ~50k/mod... but compared to income at that level, it's not a big deal

I think the price do not depend on Tier but on color. Purple(artifact) cost ~17k and gold(legendary) cost ~50k regardless of tier. So 246 and 252 are still really cheap to pull.