Does HK-51 unlock for all characters in your legacy?

Felioats

It's a complete outrage. We are paying 15 dollars for contet. We have to jump through all these hoops. If we want to play it. We have repeat the stale quest line just to see a new companion. And when we get up. No doubt have boost up his affection.

It really makes you wonder. How fast they can do content if they take this long to release this companion.

It really makes you wonder. How fast they can do content if they take this long to release this companion.

I was more attentive to wondering why you are still playing this game you despise so much in every post you make. :) See there.... you distracted me again. :p

Note to DragonAgeOrgins: in MMOs, content is consentual. The game producer gives you content and let's you decide what you want to consume and not consume. Your $15 gives you unrestricted access to game content. What you do from that point.... that's on you. ;)

Edited by Andryah

I can't imagine why anyone would waste their time getting it once, let alone again and again. It's not like there isn't enough companions to choose from, including healer companions, DPS and tanks...

Plus, have you tried to get Droid gear? Sure it drops, but not nearly as often as regular human gear.

Edited by Glowrod

I can distinctly recall at least one dev stating that HK-51 would be a legacy unlock. As in, one unlock would unlock him for all of your characters in a legacy. Looks like they changed their minds. Again. Hopefully the "per-character unlock" thing is just while he's up on the test server, but I highly doubt that.

It's a complete outrage. We are paying 15 dollars for contet. We have to jump through all these hoops. If we want to play it. We have repeat the stale quest line just to see a new companion. And when we get up. No doubt have boost up his affection.

By the time 1.5 hits i should have 7 max lvl toons to complete this on.

Thats a grand total of 70 hours of something to do for $15. Pretty damn cash efficient IMO.

And your arguiing about boosting his affection? really?

I can gurantee that this companion took alot more than 10 hours of design time to implement for us, not our fault we can do things faster than they can produce them.

Why? He is a level 50 companion. Considering the questline to get him is roughly 10 hours of gametime I'm relieved Bioware finally put in something that requires a lot of work (relatively speaking for this game).

me too, id like to see even more and harder things.

no ****.

It seems like he ought to.

I agree. It seems pointless to me to have a companion only available to level 50 characters since at that point you hardly even get to use your companions. I mean sure, you can show him off at Fleet. You can send him on crafting missions and use him on a few Dailies. And maybe you can take him on HM FPs if you don't have a full group. But OPs? No companions. PvP? No companions. What's the point? It would make a lot more sense if it was Legacy bound so you could at least send the completed companion to a lower level alt that actually make good use of him. At 50, I just don't see the point.

:(

Edited by Blackavaar

I agree. It seems pointless to me to have a companion only available to level 50 characters since at that point you hardly even get to use your companions. I mean sure, you can show him off at Fleet. You can send him on crafting missions and use him on a few Dailies. And maybe you can take him on HM FPs if you don't have a full group. But OPs? No companions. PvP? No companions. What's the point? It would make a lot more sense if it was Legacy bound so you could at least send the completed companion to a lower level alt that actually make good use of him. At 50, I just don't see the point.

^ this. Even at 50, you can only send 5 companions out to craft, leaving you one companion who's either standing around stupidly on the ship, or humping your leg waiting for you to leave fleet. Sending a lvl 50 companion down to a lower alt would be pretty awesome. An example, Bounty Hunters generally unlock Mako's (leave the ship) quest by around 25-30, but your targets are nearly 40. Solution? Screw 'em, I'm bringing HK to whoop em.

No more begging guildies/random people on planet to help (provided you have a 50 that unlocked HK anyways)

Would be nice, but it would trivialize the quest needed if he was a low level companion. It would also require them rewriting every single quest in the game to include HK which probably would mean we would never see this companion. Also with Makeb there is the rumored level increase which would mean pve with your companion. I personally would like to see BW investing in voice/cinematics for end game/expanded levels rather than the perfectly fine levelling content we have today.