Kiting Foreman Crusher -Halp!

Hey all,

My small guild of friends took on our first Normal Mode Operation yesterday, going 3/5 in a few hours. Which wasn't too shabby considering we have several fresh 50's.

Anywho, I was MTing (never tanked extensively in an MMO before) and I had some trouble kiting the Foreman. We were able to down him, but my technique could definitely be improved.

How does one avoid his slowing debuff? Even if I began running as soon as he emoted that he was about to frenzy he seemed able to catch up to me and reapply the slowing debuff, and then I basically just got habitually spanked.

Any advice?

Alternate cooldowns for each Frenzy and ask for extra healing during this phase.

As a Guardian 14/27 spec, I use Saber Ward for 1st which blocks most, if not all, incoming Frenzy damage. Then I use Trinket and Enure for 2nd, Guardian Leap/Force Leap/Warding Call for 3rd. When 4th hits, Saber Ward is back up and then boss is dead.

Hey all,

My small guild of friends took on our first Normal Mode Operation yesterday, going 3/5 in a few hours. Which wasn't too shabby considering we have several fresh 50's.

Anywho, I was MTing (never tanked extensively in an MMO before) and I had some trouble kiting the Foreman. We were able to down him, but my technique could definitely be improved.

How does one avoid his slowing debuff? Even if I began running as soon as he emoted that he was about to frenzy he seemed able to catch up to me and reapply the slowing debuff, and then I basically just got habitually spanked.

Any advice?

That's not how you do the fight.

I ran this a few weeks ago, and have yet to go back in since, but I didnt even bother kiting him.

He barely did any damage when he wasn't in the frenzy, and with 2 healers its not that difficult to heal through it. At the time, I had mostly champion gear on and a few columi pieces. maybe 19k health on my juggernaut.

In fact, the only boss I couldn't sit still and soak up damage from was karagga.

In my guild, the tank doesnt kite him, the tank stands in the corner with foreman crusher facing away from the operation, and he calls out for extra heals during frenzy. i dont think youre supposed to be able to avoid Frenzy. i play a healer, and frenzy is definately healable

Hey all,

Any advice?

Shouldn't be kiting, I'm sure someone else has told you. Linky in my sig is my project specifically for tanks (Tanking The Old Republic) - has guides for all this stuff.

At one point we were trying to kite him through the accuracy debuff clouds, but he seemed to run around them instead of through them (not sure if that is by design) so now we just stationary tank him and blow through it.

Didn't they make it so you can't kite any more a couple of patches ago?

Just use your cooldowns during frenzy.

^ This - apparently you weren't supposed to be able to kite him, you're just supposed to suck up the damage. If your healers can't keep up have an OT taunt him when your Defensive stuff is on CD and suck it up (taunt before the frenzy, takes some practice and timing).

Dont kite him. Use a defensive CD everytime he uses frenzy, if you are out of CD's then you need to have your offtank pick him up and use a CD on the next frenzy, then you should be able to get him back because you will have another CD ready to go for the next frenzy. This is how my guild completes this fight. We have 1 shotted him everytime we have attempted it.