Can Preferred post on the forums now?

Shadokitty

As far as I know, it's still set so that only subscribers can post on the forums.

If someone cancels their subscription, they drop to Preferred status, but they might still be able to post on the forums for a few days after cancellation.

Some folks were unaware that only subscribers can post to the forums. If a question asked on the forum had a different answer based on whether it referred to a subscriber, or a Preferred status player, the answer might be prefaced with, "If you are a subscriber ..."

Edited by Nmyownworld

They can post untill a new login is required. Then it is over. Happened to me.

As soon as you needc to log in into the forums, you can't post anymore.

I'm not sure, but it could be that it happens when new patches are coming as well. And when you go to the "My SWTOR" thing.

I have no idea what's causing this behaviour.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

had to get to lvl10 to finally post, and I have a sub. isn't that kinda normal for most mmo's?

not any MMO i play...oh wait...., the F2P system fails hard in TOR even when subscribed it keeps telling you in every loading screen possible what you will lose if you become preferd or unsub.

I think referred people have access to posting on the forums without a sub, but I could be misremembering.

That aside, I usually provide answers for multiple tiers because preferred and free to play people can still read the forums, and look up answers to their questions here, so it can be worth explaining the difference for their sake. It's not like it costs anything to throw in an extra line or two about the differences.

I think referred people have access to posting on the forums without a sub, but I could be misremembering.

That aside, I usually provide answers for multiple tiers because preferred and free to play people can still read the forums, and look up answers to their questions here, so it can be worth explaining the difference for their sake. It's not like it costs anything to throw in an extra line or two about the differences.

That makes sense, I can see why you do that.