Best 4v4 ranked Comps?

Hatstandard

Op is still best healer. There are some situations in which a merc, or maybe even a sorc could perform just as well as an op, but not any in which the op would be significantly inferior to either.

Jug and sin tank are both good- sin has more damage, jug has more control/utility. Both can hybrid spec for some damage increase, especially sin. PT tanks aren't that bad, but there's not much reason to bring one over something else. AP PT tanks still put out a lot of damage post-nerf, but will be punished severely by good teams for not being tanky enough.

For dps, madness is very strong, especially madness sin. Tons of sustained damage. Carnage mara is very good for hard switch bursting and requires coordination. Pyro PT, veng jug, MM and lethality sniper are also good. Smash is now pretty much garbage, anni mara is underrated but inferior to carnage, both dps ops are still relative garbage despite lethality op being underrated, deception sin is a bit underrated in NA metas but still not that great, AP PT can put out a **** ton of damage in the right situations but doesn't fit well within the current meta, pyro merc is a bit better than arsenal but it still not that great, lightning sorc has extreme burst potential but requires skill and coordination and can be shut down, 0/30/16 sorc hybrid still exists and is underrated, but certainly inferior to madness in general (it has better burst and can be better in the right comp though), and engi sniper has been buffed but still not a preferred spec in 4s.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

ahh thanks for the info

Right now we could field a jug tank, sin or sorc madness, operative healer and carnage mara pretty quickly. I imagine sorc dps is a lot worse than sin dps though since it doesn't have a taunt.

How would jug tank, 2 sin dps, and operative healer compare to the above comp? I figure we'd have a lot of taunting power

Edited by Hatstandard

ahh thanks for the info

Right now we could field a jug tank, sin or sorc madness, operative healer and carnage mara pretty quickly. I imagine sorc dps is a lot worse than sin dps though since it doesn't have a taunt.

How would jug tank, 2 sin dps, and operative healer compare to the above comp? I figure we'd have a lot of taunting power

The first comp you listed sounds great. Sin is better overall, but the ability to taunt has little to do with it. Double madness sin is OP; though if you're running a pressure comp, it's good to have a tank that can put out some damage to help with the pressure too (jug tank puts out the least damage). Should be fine though.

The first comp you listed sounds great. Sin is better overall, but the ability to taunt has little to do with it. Double madness sin is OP; though if you're running a pressure comp, it's good to have a tank that can put out some damage to help with the pressure too (jug tank puts out the least damage). Should be fine though.

I'd take a jugg tank in a double madness sin setup WAY over anything else.

The added utility is invaluable since you lose so much having 2 assassins.

Edited by Evolixe

Madness sins already put out enough damage. Jugg tank has the perfect CC to control healer and bleed out the opposing team.

Sin tank can cc healer almost as well. WW, hardstun, and a 20 sec CD spike (or low slash if dark maul). Pull and a mediocre knockback are there too of course. The damage increase from sin to jug can upgrade the team's damage from hard-to-heal to impossible-to-heal.

Bring 2 dot specced shadows, a guardian and a scoundrel. CC and interrupt heals tab/dot everyone. Boring as ****, easy to learn, effective ( sadly ).

If you want more fun hardswitch: shadow/combat sent/SS slinger can all work. ( Your tank should be guardian and your healer should be scoundrel all the time ).

I hope they will nerf dot specced shadows/sages somehow for ranked cause tab/dot technique shouldnt be so effective as it is atm imho...

Edited by NightBOI