Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ne'laa's PvP guide to SW:TOR - Including Yavin Ruins!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ne'laa's PvP guide to SW:TOR - Including Yavin Ruins!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kurj
12.13.2017 , 01:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
One thing about hypergates, pretty sure nobody gets points for people dying in the explosion or while the explosion is happening. When its over the counter continues.

If I am wrong about this im going to hide in a cave.
I'm pretty sure you're right, and if you're wrong I owe my past teams an apology. When fighting at a pylon, I never run back. I just die in the explosion to avoid mid.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

GUN_GAME
12.13.2017 , 01:45 PM | #12
One thing about hypergates, pretty sure nobody gets points for people dying in the explosion or while the explosion is happening. When its over the counter continues.

You are getting kill points while explosion is going, some guy did maths, cant remember who tho.

Back to topic, really nice and huge work was done. I will need some time to read full post, but on 1st look its really amazing stuff.
Katrin'ka - DM

Evolixe
12.13.2017 , 01:53 PM | #13
Honestly though, the whole UI element for hypergates doesn't do the point system any justice.
It's comparably lacking to something like Novare Coast but without including the part where it displays how far the enemy team is into capping.

It should display points you are going to get per pylon at all times, with or without a pylon being in possession.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Schoock
12.13.2017 , 01:59 PM | #14

I watched a few Hypergates videos and tracked the scores by hand to make sure they match when I wrote that part so I'm kinda sure it's right. If I'm wrong, could you please point me to a video that proves it wrong?
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

Evolixe
12.13.2017 , 02:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
I watched a few Hypergates videos and tracked the scores by hand to make sure they match when I wrote that part so I'm kinda sure it's right. If I'm wrong, could you please point me to a video that proves it wrong?
Im not quite sure how youd be able to determine just from a video. Too easy to miss things.
Evolixe | Exilove

Kurj
12.13.2017 , 02:12 PM | #16
Im not quite sure how youd be able to determine just from a video. Too easy to miss things.
That's what I can't figure out - unless you're working with someone on your team as well as a couple someone's on the other team and verifying kills, how do you account for all of the variables?
Begeren Colony

Schoock
12.13.2017 , 02:18 PM | #17
You watch the red death announcements in your team and track the enemy score. You can also see orbs (permanent score going up) etc. Of course you don't just watch, you slow and pause and rewind and... you get it.

It's tedious, yes, but doable for a few matches.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

Kurj
12.13.2017 , 02:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
You watch the red death announcements in your team and track the enemy score. You can also see orbs (permanent score going up) etc. Of course you don't just watch, you slow and pause and rewind and... you get it.

It's tedious, yes, but doable for a few matches.
But how can you tell what the cause of death was from the death announcements, unless you or someone else saw it/reported it? I'm thinking of a situation where you have someone die on the other side of the map while the explosion is going off. How do you know if they got killed by the explosion vs the enemy?
Begeren Colony

Evolixe
12.13.2017 , 02:29 PM | #19
I'm way too lazy for all that stuff. Id rather go in with a group of people i know so we can die on our own terms and check it that way.
Evolixe | Exilove

Evolixe
12.13.2017 , 02:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurj View Post
But how can you tell what the cause of death was from the death announcements, unless you or someone else saw it/reported it? I'm thinking of a situation where you have someone die on the other side of the map while the explosion is going off. How do you know if they got killed by the explosion vs the enemy?
That doesn't really matter, if all deaths count, then the source would be irrilevant.
Evolixe | Exilove