Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ilum fix ? are you serious Bioware ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ilum fix ? are you serious Bioware ?

Michel_NL
02.29.2012 , 04:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JAVAjedi View Post
QFT! I'll probably go back for flashpoints, but that's it. I think this will also significantly decrease the prevalence of kill-trading (for those that care).
Like i said, then world pvp is as dead as the warzone on tatooine.

Nice fix isn't it ?

Drungus
02.29.2012 , 04:10 AM | #12
I don't understand this so called fix at all. When we Imps cap and zerg the reps at their base the turrets aren't working anyway.

Fallerup
02.29.2012 , 04:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Manigma View Post
The real fix is letting you get kills in WZ instead of Ilum - a sure fix so I don't have to go to that god forsaken place anymore.
+over 9000!

I hate Ilum, because of it's lag, I'd much rather do WZ's all day instead and this "fix" will let me do it.
Gogata, Class: Shieldtech Powertech

Deathmond
02.29.2012 , 04:14 AM | #14
you will heave big lag at any other planet\zone if you see 20+ people...the only problem is this enough to lie to yourself

-sasori
02.29.2012 , 04:17 AM | #15
I *guess* it's a temporary measurement to speed up Gear and Valor gain to lessen the huge gaps they created during the last "3" months.

After 1.2 we probably see the real change of concept for Illum / PVP Rewards.
What, wait - I don't even...

Enox
02.29.2012 , 04:19 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Michel_NL View Post
I can't wait till this game is ''free to play'', so many bugs i have submitted and yet none has been solved. My sub ends somewhere @ 20 march and i really wont add a newer sub because of the terrible support in game and on the forums.

If you people are happy with the so called ''warzone fix'' then so be it, Ilum won't be fixed with that instead it will die like the warzone in tatooine.
Take care

Monkfishysnow
02.29.2012 , 04:46 AM | #17
Ahh more of biowares infamous "We like imperials better than republicans" attitude. Do they not realise that the only thing keeping republic slightly competitive on ilum is the fact they have these turrets? Lol so much fail.

Michel_NL
02.29.2012 , 04:53 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkfishysnow View Post
Ahh more of biowares infamous "We like imperials better than republicans" attitude. Do they not realise that the only thing keeping republic slightly competitive on ilum is the fact they have these turrets? Lol so much fail.
Imperials outmatch republics in every damn server. Ilum is a sample of it, imperials always have 3-4 ops groups while the republic has 1 full ops and 1 half full. That's why republic needs turrets to lower the size of the imps, if you call this unfair then i suggest you leave this game immediately.

Also don't come here to bítch about ''We like imperials better than republicans'', the fact is they need to balance it. Let them do 25 vs 25 fights and lock the map so no one can join. This is the only way to fix the fps issue. Others can do 25 vs 25 on ilum 2 and repeat this. I don't even want to mention the valor farm the imperials did before patch 1.1 on the republic base, if Bioware wanted to play it fair they would wipe all valor status from the imperials.

Note: 25 vs 25 is just a sample, sure it can be up a bit higher but not to high since the fps would drop like a rock.

Drungus
02.29.2012 , 05:05 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkfishysnow View Post
I think it's an even bigger fail that you're thinking it's the personal turrets used to shoot at people. It's the big turrets on either side of the base which are shooting up into the sky.

Monkfishysnow
02.29.2012 , 05:06 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Michel_NL View Post
Imperials outmatch republics in every damn server. Ilum is a sample of it, imperials always have 3-4 ops groups while the republic has 1 full ops and 1 half full. That's why republic needs turrets to lower the size of the imps, if you call this unfair then i suggest you leave this game immediately.

Also don't come here to bítch about ''We like imperials better than republicans'', the fact is they need to balance it. Let them do 25 vs 25 fights and lock the map so no one can join. This is the only way to fix the fps issue. Others can do 25 vs 25 on ilum 2 and repeat this. I don't even want to mention the valor farm the imperials did before patch 1.1 on the republic base, if Bioware wanted to play it fair they would wipe all valor status from the imperials.

Note: 25 vs 25 is just a sample, sure it can be up a bit higher but not to high since the fps would drop like a rock.
I suggest you get down off your high horse because you completely misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying it's not fair on the republicans if bioware removes 2 of their turrets as they are already out matched, it's like chopping the leg off a man with only one leg.