Scum & Villainy (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

Why this need to defend yourself, if you are so sure that you guys are so amazing just leave the trolls, or do you in reality agree with them and in your heart know that you wasn't really worldfirst? :rolleyes:

Edit: And for your knowledge, the issue with Soa wasn't the enrage timer, it was the bugs.

its more to clear the air than to defend. When someone misinterprets something its better to clear it up.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you have to take the quotes from that thread with a grain of salt since they are spread out throughout the thread. I know when I talked about the fight I was referencing the enrage timer as I think the rest of the fight is perfect. As for soa you are comparing apples to oranges. The DG fight was never cleared pre change without someone hitting the enrage whereas soa was cleared by folks without ever experiencing the enrage.

As for the hm/nightmare differences only BW knows and they still remain silent on the whole issue.

My point is that seeing an enrage every time you do a fight is ok. It makes the dps stay on their toes instead of screw around. Where the tanks are constantly having to manage things along with the healers. Seeing an enrage does not mean the fight can not be downed. I don't feel it should be an arguing point for anything. (Unless there is a weir circumstance where all mechanics are followed perfectly and you are only through like 25-50% of the fight. This would mean seeing an enrage on Heraid or Ciphas.)

Edited by Grimsblood

The discussion is once again centered around the skipping of bosses.

I think as progression guilds we should do the bosses linearly as Bioware intended. So as such we will remove the ability to skip bosses from our tool. I continue to stress that what we are doing is only official for the guilds that participate. So as such we can write the rules and between the feedback in this thread and the TFB one the vast majority of individuals are against skipping bosses that are overly challenging or seem impossible at the time. So achieving a World First on our tool will require a linear clear of all bosses in Nightmare mode.

Edited by Iggyemu

This is still on course for tomorrow gents or have Bioware mentioned any delays yet?

As far as I know Bioware hasn't mentioned anything at all about tomorrow.

The OP has been updated to reflect the removal of the feature allowing guilds to skip bosses. Please reread the section detailing the changes.

Good to hear, while I personally don't really care about the ranking I find it a little arrogant to proclaim world first kills that are obtained by taking short cuts.

I agree. Thank you for saying it though, since if it comes from anyone from our guild we would just get called "elitests","tryhards", and "e-peen strokers" (though I cant stroke what I can't find).

24 hours! I for one have stocked up on lubricant and kleenex for improved and prolonged stroking, so it can come.*

You still seem to have plenty time to find a possible substitution till then ... got no specific ideas on how to resolve this problem, at least none that will draw attentions of the moderator staff. :o

* 'it' of course is the patch!

Not to seem like an egomaniac or anything - but I seriously don't understand why you guys just haven't fully adopted the system I created for 16 man which has barely had a single complaint. You ended up with a similar system (but not identical) to what I created.

Anyway, best of luck to you all. I will post mine (for 16 man) when I receive confirmation of the actual release date.

Edited by Nibbon

looks like we have to wait another day...BW delayed it because of the holiday and didnt bother to inform us in advance. Getting really sick of how BW runs this game.

hey! i agree with you for once :p... bioware decides to inform people 1 day before that they again, delay patch for whatever reason, they are like OH **** we had 1 crew members birthday on thursday... **** it we delaying patch AND not letting people know :p

don't worry we tried to start early and one of our dps had his mouse and then computer completely die on him. So we sitting around for an hour

Ya'll gonna have several hours head start on us...praying for another DG! :)

Lol, what is comical is that this has just been released, nobody so far has posted clear pics claiming this or that and you people are already in a swinging e-peen competition. If you don't like each other, fine, then do the community a favor and leave your ego/pride at the damn door. I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't named, "Come test your egotistical immaturity over clears pl0x". =\.

On another note, sadly, I wish I could start on this :(. Shall be interesting, but my raid group won't be around until later. So again, cheers to those who are in there now and cheers to those like us, for later :D.

Ya'll gonna have several hours head start on us...praying for another DG! :)

we had scheduling issues not much of a headstart. We arent going to be participating in the progression this round but yeah we downed first boss and 3% on 2nd before folks had to go to work.