Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who's your fav Companion?

jedimasterjac
06.02.2020 , 05:08 PM | #21
Vector's the only companion I've found myself genuinely interested in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

JYthelifesaver
06.02.2020 , 05:35 PM | #22
Skadge, Khem.. Don't know why people hate them so much. If I had to choose who fight with me I want the big monster brutish bodyguard types. Don't care about no pretty face in a life or death sitcha-ayshun.

But from all the pretty faces: Senya. She's probly more experienced than any other female comp besides maybe Lana, but Lana seems more of a background worker than a frontline fighter so Senya's experience is more dependable. It's like Musashi Miyamoto vs Munenori Yagyu. One was a duelist who was undefeated in a large number of fights while the other was a "master" who mostly just sparred for experience (though the latter did participate in battle and killed 8 in one go).

NogueiraA
06.02.2020 , 09:04 PM | #23
Skadge of course.
Leizen / Laizen
Jedi Guardian
BETA Tester

Rebamcfan
06.02.2020 , 11:04 PM | #24
Quite a few: Elara, Jorgan, Felix, Nadia, Tharan, Vette, Quinn, Andronikus, Torian, Gault, Blizz, Vector, Dr. Lokin, Kaliyo, Theron, Lana, Arcann, Senya and Tau Idair.
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg If I was helpful in any ways, feel free to use my referral link.

Bloodgaze
06.03.2020 , 12:13 AM | #25
Inara Serra

robertthebard
06.03.2020 , 05:35 AM | #26
Yeah, I don't have a favorite.

Vette's great, and a direct callback to Mission from KotoR, even has the same VA.
DS Jaessa is fun, if terrifying at times.
Nadia is a hoot, and before the homogenizing of the companions was a better DPS than about 3/4 of the DPS I've been in FP/Ops with.
Quinn is my fav comp to kill, now that I finally can.
Kira is a hot mess, in a good way.

Gah, I could go on and on. Mostly it depends on what I'm playing, and how, but most of them are great.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

Pirana
06.03.2020 , 05:57 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Yeah, I don't have a favorite.

Vette's great, and a direct callback to Mission from KotoR, even has the same VA.
DS Jaessa is fun, if terrifying at times.
Nadia is a hoot, and before the homogenizing of the companions was a better DPS than about 3/4 of the DPS I've been in FP/Ops with.
Quinn is my fav comp to kill, now that I finally can.
Kira is a hot mess, in a good way.

Gah, I could go on and on. Mostly it depends on what I'm playing, and how, but most of them are great.
Yep, Nadia was a beast back then.

On topic: Shea for her dps.

The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

TSCYoda
06.03.2020 , 05:59 AM | #28
For me it depends on the character which i play.
I also use for all my chars one cm-companion which i level quickly at 50.
So i have chars to do h2's without getting problems.
It also depends on the class.
For a melee i often use a ranged companion.

Personally Lana is may favourite comp, cause she has the most dense interaction after chapter 3.
You can play her cute or ugly, she fits to all classes and their variations.

Markus
I'm the signature, i'm just cleaning up here

Kalnarius
06.03.2020 , 09:37 AM | #29
Thats a bit complicated of a answer of me.

Favorite romance class companion: Jaesa
Favorite fighter class companion: Xalek
Favorite conversations with a companion: Khem Val and Gault
Favorite Republic class companion: Kira
Impside is a bit more messy because there are some really good companions impside
Favorite Kotfe companion: is obviously lana
Favorite Kotet companion: arcann

Least favorite companions
Romance companion: Kaliyo
class companion: Vette
annoying companion: Vette and Corso
Republic companion: Corso
imp companion: vette
kotfe companion: koth
kotet companion: quinn

Yeah i know i go against the grain with not liking vette but thats because if you trigger the right conversation she actually says she is 15 in the companion conversations. and she is pretty annoying of a character so i usually keep the slave collar on her and have everybody shock her lol. Corso i dont like because he has a busted face and also gets beat up by a bunch of lvl 1 npcs so i cant really take the dude seriously at all he lost all credibility with me right there. koth that fool doesnt know how to fight war doesnt get their is collateral damage in any war. and i have had to put him in his place a few times reminding him who is boss though i think my dark side knight sith pureblood did the most brutal things to him while keeping him alive. but he screws up again i dont think i will hesitate to end him. quinn is more than he is still so by the book and fails to actually take into account people's abilities whether it be the player or the npcs themselves his calculations have been all wrong for a long time. I do not tolerate failure.

as for favorite companions i like jaesa because of her raw emotions the fact she is coming into her own throughout the storyline and even the fact she is probably 1 of the most powerful force users if she is trained properly she is insane and it works well for her character. xalek that dude is always 1 bad dude even in his training loved watching him beat the crap out of the other acolytes and putting harkun in his place. xalek is a very underrated companion in terms of brutality and fighting compability. the comical side it was a tie because khem val and gault both have halirious lines through the story and even gault's return is halirious. Khem val is funny because of how serious he is and how brutal it comes across just makes me laugh every time. I couldnt put kira as high as i wanted to great voice actress that also voiced serena from skyrim. the character is really well written there is some things that feel rigid with her character being her fear of the emperor and failing master kiwiks has driven her to be almost by the book except when it comes to the romance aspect of the character. i get that she fears that vitiate will take her over at any time but it makes character fall short of being a truly great but still really good character. lana is a very interesting character in the fact she is almost a gray sith that is willing to go against the sith order a lot of times probably due to the leash her master and marr gave her. She isnt willing to overstep her power to gain leadership or access to power she lets it come freely to her. she has contacts in every government and organization out there. her character is about as flushed out as you can get. Arcann is interesting because he holds a lot of potential going forward with either joining the empire or the republic. I would love to see the player annoit arcann as the wrath, its a role fitting for him especially since he regained his sanity compared to when he was emperor of zakuul he let his anger and jealousy control him to where it destroyed his family. him joining the jedi is probably more interesting because of his continual seeking balance in the force not just light but also knowing the darkness is still inside him be interesting to see him join the council.

So in a long story not so short i dont really have 1 favorite companion there are several i like in different ways.

OlBuzzard
06.03.2020 , 09:58 AM | #30
Not in a special order and all for different reasons:
** Kira (with customization option #4 for me personally). I actually have two smugglers that post Onslaught have her as a level 50 companion.
** Lana (wish there were facial / hair color customizations available too )
** HK-55
** Vette
** Senya
** Bowdaar
** Z00M (ugh great as a healer but personality is like running fingernails down a chalk board )
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|