5.9.2: Conquest Objectives will no longer grant repeat completion when changing zones

xordevoreaux

And yet we're still tied to the legacy lockout every day on the conquest objectives.

I don't need my guild to be top of the charts.

I don't need my guild to be on the charts at all, ever.

All I want is to reasonably be able to get enough encryptions every week so we can eventually unlock our two flagships completely, and I'm not here to discuss the vice or virtue of doing that, it's our goal.

Prior to 5.9.2, I could get between 4 and 6 encryptions a week repeating the rampage despite the legacy lock on the rampage using the reset when changing zones.

Now, I'll be lucky as a casual player if I can grind out two encryptions a week, tops. I'll use up all the rampages for my legacy in the first couple of hours of each day, earn my measly 4.5k or so of conquest points, and be done for the day.

Me and my casual guildies are screwed. We'll do the occasional easy op, and we've a couple people who actually like PVP, and I think one day I saw a guildie doing GSF, but for the most part, we just wander around every day to the various rampage planets and kill mobs.

This will quintuple the amount of time it takes me to get encryptions, and I know this is going to put a major dent in the enthusiasm of my guildies to bother going forward.

We'll probably never get our flagships fully unlocked at this point.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I just think there should be another way to get floor plans other than conquests. I too used to do conquest only for the floor plans, now don't even bother to join in. While I still get conquest points for doing other things I am not actively doing them. I even used to use the blue jawa metal to buy mats to make my own floor plans, but BW basically said F*** off to that as well by removing the isotope and making crafting so time consuming and costly it became pointless. So yea guess my ships will remain unlocked. Well BW if that was the point to make guild ships undesirable. Well done count that exercise a success. :rak_tongue:

I agree they needed to iron out that issue. But I also agree they should have AT THE SAME TIME changed the legacy repeatables to character repeatables, and doubled all points for everything. Quite frankly, even though the zone changing thing was kinda boring, its the only thing that made conquest almost bearable (points wise). BW screwed up on the handling here big-time.

I will wait and see how the conquest changes play out and if the reset-bug was really removed (they claimed so too often for me to believe they actually know what they are doing).

If what is currently described works as I expect it to, I will no longer bother with conquest. I like to play alts, I hate to plan my week ahead in order to make targets (I get to do all those planning activities enough at work), so either allow me to do some grinding if I feel like it, or don't, but then I will not take part.

The last conquest week was a good example of how much it sucks to mostly have one-time or legacy-daily one-time objectives.

I just don't understand why they don't listen?!

This bug/feature is actually a good thing for game and fixing it will cause people to level less toons and play less. If I was bioware I would reconsider fixing this as the benefits out way negatives

Au contraire!

I strongly believe such exploits don't belong into a game. An exploit that promotes/encourages to do deadly stupid and repetetive content instead of real gameplay. No serious studio which loves their game and has a vision for the future would want that - neither any serious gamer.

Edited by Khaleg

Au contraire!

I strongly believe such exploits don't belong into a game. An exploit that promotes to do deadly stupid and repetetive content instead of real gameplay. No serious studio which loves their game and has a vision for the future would want that - neither any serious gamer.

Agreed. Leaving the game broken makes people who actually play the game play less.

Au contraire!

I strongly believe such exploits don't belong into a game. An exploit that promotes/encourages to do deadly stupid and repetetive content instead of real gameplay. No serious studio which loves their game and has a vision for the future would want that - neither any serious gamer.

And what, dear sir, would you judge to be real game play, versus what anyone else here has mentioned that they'd want to do? Real to them, real to me, is the very grinding you mention.

It is real. It's how some in this thread have mentioned they want to play, and we're paying our cash just like you're paying yours to play this game, however falsely you think we may be doing so.

Your backhanded insult about who is a serious gamer isn't appreciated, either.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I will wait and see how the conquest changes play out and if the reset-bug was really removed (they claimed so too often for me to believe they actually know what they are doing).

If what is currently described works as I expect it to, I will no longer bother with conquest. I like to play alts, I hate to plan my week ahead in order to make targets (I get to do all those planning activities enough at work), so either allow me to do some grinding if I feel like it, or don't, but then I will not take part.

The last conquest week was a good example of how much it sucks to mostly have one-time or legacy-daily one-time objectives.

Because they are stuborn Id...?

Au contraire! I strongly believe such exploits don't belong into a game.

I agree with this part of your statement. Exploits should be removed. That being said, this exploit was the only thing making Conquest bearable for me. The way that Conquest was set up before was pretty much okay and I don't recall a long line of people complaining about it. I enjoyed being able to hit my Conquest goals on my alts by doing Heroics and don't see the benefit to changing that. I do like some of the changes like giving us more options to earn Conquest and achieving a minimum point total to get the Guild rewards, but for the most part Bioware did what they always do. They take a part of the game that is working ok and then they completely mess it up. Then after the well deserved uproar from the community they put in some half-arsed fixes that satisfies a limited audience.

There is a reason everyone is calling Bioware by the term Biofail...

....The last conquest week was a good example of how much it sucks to mostly have one-time or legacy-daily one-time objectives.

^ This

Perhaps Bioware should make vacuums. These wouldn't suck.

Sadly, the first set of changes already ruined my participation. This new patch won't change much for me. I went for 8-10 characters finishing conquest to 2. Now, it's down to 1. The damage was already done before this.

It does boggle the mind what their thought process on this is and why they won't share it with us. To reduce CQ participation? Reduce rewards? It seems they are trying to thin the player base in this game deliberately.

Au contraire!

Real gameplay? First of all, "real gameplay" isn't rewarded any longer except ONE time per Legacy - ONE FREAKING TIME PER WEEK!!! That's their #1 mistake and it absolutely needs to be reversed.

This restriction HURTS the game far more than they realize because we don't have enough players to keep PuGs going non-stop, allowing players the chance to complete the only rewarding thing - Ops. Allowing players to use alts made the game 10x's as active because you could keep going, doing another run and another one.

That "exploit" was GOOD for the game because it kept people ONLINE...even if it was just grinding worthless mobs while waiting around for something better to do.

Conquests need immediate attention. Remove the Legacy restrictions.

Au contraire!

While I agree that exploits shouldn't be left in the game, I have to snicker about the rest. Endlessly solo grinding mobs is as quintessentially MMO as it can get. :rolleyes:

First, don't be too down trodden. Remember, the current bug was created by this same group of devs to fix the bug of switching toons. They actually made conquest easier to reset than before, and made it infinite.

So assume they will somehow mess it up.

Second, it is clear they don't actually play this game. Do they get on a toon every now and then, probably. But their conquest changes clearly indicate they don't actually play the game, or they would have a better understanding of how conquest works with the player base.

Third, it is clear this game is in maintenance mode. They have gutted their staff and throw out the occasional new thing (like unasked for strongholds). When they do fix things, it's superficial changes, like the commitment time to invade (which was one of the stupidest complaints on the forums, and that is saying something).

In all probability, this will end my subscription. I am already spending more time playing another game.

My only hope at this point is that they will screw something up, like they usually do, and create a bug that allows us to play the game with at least some chance of enjoyment.

Edited by IshtarScorpio

Sadly, the first set of changes already ruined my participation. This new patch won't change much for me. I went for 8-10 characters finishing conquest to 2. Now, it's down to 1. The damage was already done before this.

It does boggle the mind what their thought process on this is and why they won't share it with us. To reduce CQ participation? Reduce rewards? It seems they are trying to thin the player base in this game deliberately.

I was extremely discouraged, and contemplated leaving the game after they destroyed conquest, until a friend pointed out the glitch. I was happy again, conquest is my life, and I am an altaholic. Now, with this latest "update", they have effectively destroyed conquest again. Making it so that only 1, maybe 2, at the most 3 toons can be completed in a given week. That coupled with their seeming determination to include Iokath as a conquest objective, is making me consider whether or not the game is even worth playing anymore. The story, beyond the first three chapters, sucks. It is generic, making it not worth doing on more than 2 toons, 1 pub, 1 imp. In my mind, it seems as EAware is trying to destroy this game so that they can justify pulling the plug on it. I would rather they would just come in and be honest, say "okay, that's it, game over", than kill it little by little. It's like watching a loved one whither away with some incurable disease. Just get it over with already.

The infinite crafting is insane. You can make 24600 points an hour crafting. Oh yeah, THAT's balanced and extremely exciting!

This week, one of the largest guilds had to use the rampage 'exploit' to beat a guild of bot crafters. THAT is what conquest has become now. 5 bots crafting vs 40+ players online. And the players had to use an exploit to beat the botters. My guild decided to help them, and used the pvp exploit. THAT is what you are looking for? THAT is your idea of excellence?

Hey here is an idea. Try the game for a week. See what the heck is actually right and wrong. You are the equivalent of an engineer at a car company designing a car... who has never driven.

Edited by SearchnResQ

The infinite crafting is insane. You can make 24600 points an hour crafting. Oh yeah, THAT's balanced and extremely exciting!

This week, one of the largest guilds had to use the rampage 'exploit' to beat a guild of bot crafters. THAT is what conquest has become now. 5 bots crafting vs 40+ players online. And the players had to use an exploit to beat the botters. My guild decided to help them, and used the pvp exploit. THAT is what you are looking for? THAT is your idea of excellence?

Hey here is an idea. Try the game for a week. See what the heck is actually right and wrong. You are the equivalent of an engineer at a car company designing a car... who has never driven.

I like this one, lol. So you "think" the smaller guild was botting when they could have simply have been doing lots of crafting which is legal, and omg a small guild actually has a chance to beat a big guild once in a lifetime, we cannot let that happen, that would throw the universe out of alignment. So what do we do about it: join 2 guilds together, and both guilds knowingly CHEAT.

Never fear the big guild wins again, as they do every week. This time they had to cheat to do it, but we can all feel safe that the big guild's streak of 900 weeks in a row taking a planet is safe. Meanwhile the little guild who maybe prepared for a year with stockpiling and probably burned 10 lifetimes worth of credits (for a small guild) on crafting materials and probably stayed up many hours a day getting carpal tunnel gets to lose once again.

Great job, the bullies win again, hi-5 all your 2 guilds teammates for me. Take a deep look at what type of person you are. Dude, I think YOU are the problem with conquest.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

Exactly!

We also helped already a smaller guild to win their conquest as well (after we secured ours) becasue they were attacked by a zero honor guild which accumulated points in the dark before choosing a planet Sunday evening, AND with using this exploit here as well in addition to the late commit for a planet exploit.

Thanks that they address this finally (while failing 100 % to address the commit to a planet exploit, but that's another topic - still unbeleivable though): http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=952393

Edited by Khaleg

While I agree that exploits shouldn't be left in the game, I have to snicker about the rest. Endlessly solo grinding mobs is as quintessentially MMO as it can get. :rolleyes:

No, thats's just your problem how you play this game. That's not the truth if you wanrt to play it more sophisticated.