Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Play Your Way" - How I would improve PVP in 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"Play Your Way" - How I would improve PVP in 6.0

Lhancelot
10.04.2019 , 10:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
You're sort of right, but you're missing a benefit of the 5/1 ratio: it greatly discouraged mat farmers. Now if you want to farm mats, you have to lose 50 times, which is a much greater time investment. We don't want people playing ranked that just come in to lose and get mats. Those people are selfish ******es that ruin games for their own benefit. It's fine if your primary motivation is to get mats, but only if you can actually play ranked. You'll win some games and get them that much faster.
Yeah I forgot about the mat farming facet to it all. That's a good point.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

allexj
10.04.2019 , 10:49 PM | #12
Honestly a hutball championship would infact be amazing. I'd would totally be down for this.
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.

limenutpen
10.05.2019 , 03:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
Honestly a hutball championship would infact be amazing. I'd would totally be down for this.
You can do that you know.
As when you select the choose the que you can select any map you want. So if you work for it you can do it.

The select opponent idea launched in 5.9 is not so much used. Because it does not give any benefit.
But technically speaking you can do 8vs8 with it how much you want. So we should unit sometime and try to do it.

I did a tournament on ToFN once and the gripes and why I did not fiinsh it is because I did not have a feature like this.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper

allexj
10.05.2019 , 09:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
You can do that you know.
As when you select the choose the que you can select any map you want. So if you work for it you can do it.

The select opponent idea launched in 5.9 is not so much used. Because it does not give any benefit.
But technically speaking you can do 8vs8 with it how much you want. So we should unit sometime and try to do it.

I did a tournament on ToFN once and the gripes and why I did not fiinsh it is because I did not have a feature like this.
Yah I know but what in saying is give rewards for a good huttball Match outside of normal pvp, have ranking boards like a normal sports game and remove it from the main pvp que. I just think that would help some and be a cool min game.
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.

SOULCASTER
10.06.2019 , 04:17 PM | #15
Good post.

limenutpen
10.12.2019 , 01:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by theJudeAbides View Post
- Create a queue only for unranked arenas. This would be great for new players who want to get into ranked but need to practice and hone their skills before doing so.
I have been calling for this since Arena's launched in 2013. And it really would help and give courage to help improve player's Arena game. We have also the small PvP daily (2 games 1 win) which could be swaped for the Arena separate que. This would improve the overall player base in Arena and also gather more interest in the game. It is something fairly easy to do from BW's part.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper