Are Marauders/Sentinels the weakest pvp class now?

gofortheko

No way in hell. It takes more skill to play maybe since carnage/combat is probably the best spec to play atm and it takes a bit more thought to play then rage and theres more ranged running around but its no way weak :p it still has the highest single target burst in the game which you can unleash if you play smart and we still have really strong defensive cds. Edited by AngusFTW

No way in hell. It takes more skill to play maybe since carnage/combat is probably the best spec to play atm and it takes a bit more thought to play then rage and theres more ranged running around but its no way weak :p it still has the highest single target burst in the game which you can unleash if you play smart and we still have really strong defensive cds.

So how to you beat the new guardian jugg with their 32k hps defensive cooldown, and the new sorc?

So how to you beat the new guardian jugg with their 32k hps defensive cooldown, and the new sorc?

Lol .... nice trol mate .... Guardians might have a very decent selfheal but how in the world would you classify this as 32k HPS...... If all the stars are aligned they might have that for 1 second. To pull that off you need to do 10 damageticks on him yourself in 1 second, which is rather less than possible as a sentinel. If you are focussing the guardian with 2 or more dps than shame on you for loosing a 2 vs 1 battle :D

And oh yes, offcourse does this mean that your mara/sent is now the weakest class to play :rak_02:

How to counter a guardian/sorc:

Wasn't it the point that they were both to easy to counter? Sorcs now at least stand a chance of surviving after their force-barrier. And in case if you haven't noticed it ..... the barrier has been nerved too. It used to have a longer channeled time.

Guardian: Precision slash into Master Strike, Blade Storm, Blade Rush, Precision Slash, Dispatch.

Sorc: Breathe on them, when they bubble you stun them afterwards with Awe, then Stasis. Then enduring bastion goes away and you breathe on them again.

Guardian: Precision slash into Master Strike, Blade Storm, Blade Rush, Precision Slash, Dispatch.

Sorc: Breathe on them, when they bubble you stun them afterwards with Awe, then Stasis. Then enduring bastion goes away and you breathe on them again.

Solution found. Moving on...

yes we are. i am rank 90 max out gear and some new gear.. and carnage marauder we are so easy stopped by players who know us.. my under geared operative with 1 pvp item can do more dps and more kills and 0 deaths..

wanna pvp with a lightsaber roll a tank.

yes we are. i am rank 90 max out gear and some new gear.. and carnage marauder we are so easy stopped by players who know us.. my under geared operative with 1 pvp item can do more dps and more kills and 0 deaths..

wanna pvp with a lightsaber roll a tank.

So not true. A combat/carnage spec is no more or less strong now than before 2.7, although it is funny how quickly I can drop someone with the white damage on brutalizer gear being what it is.

Edited by Vodrin

So not true. A combat/carnage spec is no more or less strong now than before 2.7, although it is funny how quickly I can drop someone with the white damage on brutalizer gear being what it is.

i like to see u drop a tank with same gear as you.. then we talk again and a person know to CC you at the right time

Edited by Aztian

i like to see u drop a tank with same gear as you.. then we talk again and a person know to CC you at the right time

It's so easy to bate someone into CC'ing you before you go for gore/precision slash. Blade rush looks so similar you can almost always get an opponent to bite, even in 1v1 and arenas. Once they burn their hard stun/knockback and the next hard CC will white bar you you can fire your burst window just fine. And honestly tanks are not much harder to kill than anything else with combat/carnage. Sure they have more CC and health, but more than one hard CC will grant resolve allowing you to burst them down, and their mitigation is useless against 100% armor pen.

If we are I haven't noticed. Maybe rage isn't what it used to be and anni is, uh, well, mostly useless as always, but carnage is still going as strong as ever.

my operative can shot down any carnage marauder at any time

my operative can shot down any carnage marauder at any time

Mhm. Suuure. I'd still put my money on a competent carnage marauder over a operative of the same caliber.

That said, if you pop out of stealth and pull off the operative "Crits'O'Doom" rotation I'd likely lose my money hand over fist. I can only say from my experiences that an operative isn't anything to to fear more or less than the majority of other classes, especially when I play my carnage marauder.

Maras/Sents are still high-priority targets in WZs, both ranked and unraked. Undying rage could certainly be better, but as far as damage utility they're still great to play, though a bit too RNG dependent for getting gores up. I've never seen anything to make me feel that I'm lacking minus what I already mentioned and what someone else already stated about the issue with resolve.

Better question is, those of you good at avoiding getting focused fast... what's your trick? I find I get focused when people see me. I'm wondering if I engage too soon compared to the rest of my team. Or, I'm one of few hitting a high priority target (healer) and the other team is actually peeling for that healer and I get focused. Should I play like I don't have a brain?

Mhm. Suuure. I'd still put my money on a competent carnage marauder over a operative of the same caliber.

That said, if you pop out of stealth and pull off the operative "Crits'O'Doom" rotation I'd likely lose my money hand over fist. I can only say from my experiences that an operative isn't anything to to fear more or less than the majority of other classes, especially when I play my carnage marauder.

i don't use pop out of stealth as a operative. i get a new spec where i kite you like mad and my dots will eat you up.

i have not yet lost 1v1 in wz vs a marauder or 'sel

in most WZ i do fro 800k to 1mil dmg and are nr one or 2 ..... i know they nerfed the operative . but hey i don't care

for i don't need the knocback to take u down

i don't use pop out of stealth as a operative. i get a new spec where i kite you like mad and my dots will eat you up.

i have not yet lost 1v1 in wz vs a marauder or 'sel

in most WZ i do fro 800k to 1mil dmg and are nr one or 2 ..... i know they nerfed the operative . but hey i don't care

for i don't need the knocback to take u down

Congratulations, you've just described terrible carnage marauders. With all the slows and roots we have kiting a good one is next to impossible.