Not worth crafting apparently

DarkLordDemos

I am trying to make a green armoring for level 75 & it takes 5 Isotop to make 1 piece? You gotta be kidding me for a damn green? Let alone I am dependent on another crafting class to even make one. This utterly ridiculous & not worth crafting. :mad: Edited by DarkLordDemos

Yes. It appears they hate crafters. If you like to craft and have done REALLY well with it previously, you're ****ed. I am now the closest I have ever been to quitting this game.

Not only are the mats just to make greens completely stupid expensive and rare, but you can't even get GREEN MATS. Yes, from the "high yield" missions, give you purple and blue mats, which are almost completely useless...

Sliced missions were giving ok mats, at least for 5 crafts and you could have 1 mission per 10 mins extracted. However, path notes say it is lowered ... guess nobody will bother slice there now.

Also I figured, that 1 shadow tank can do huge outcome of gear, so can gear up 1 char per a week or so to 306 from legacy. So if you don't plan sell crafted, it is useless.

I see current as each legacy must to full "production" cycle on its own now :D

Edited by alexzk

• 2 weeks later...

To get green mats only, run moderate yield missions. To get a mix of green and blue, run abundant. Yes, because of green materials being needed far more than other grades, this still doesn't give enough, but it helps to rebalance things a little.

No, it is not worth crafting armorings, especially when there are so many ratings to work up through, a low RE % chance, and gear drops like rain just playing other types of content. Wait for crafting to get fixed and hopefully at least part of it will be worthwhile then.

I used to love to craft stuff and RE stuff, not anymore. You basically have to grind all day on multiple chars now getting their conquest done for the week just to be able to make greens, and the % RE change was lowered way down so you can burn through a ton of mats and not even get any success on your RE's.

Did Bioware just want to kill this whole part of the game???

I am writing with the hope that the development team and the business team reads these posts. This is an explanation for why I will be cancelling my subscription, not just another complaint. It is very clear from the posts of many others that SWTOR is moving in a direction that is unfriendly to casual players. It is unreasonable to require players to complete many conquests that require lots of operations, flashpoints and PvP activities within a time limit in order to get a meager amount of crafting materials to craft basic items. Unfortunately, I have already wasted a lot of credits buying Onslaught crafting and patterns on different characters, only to later realize that I will not have the time to acquire the materials to make anything worth using. "Play your way," should have meant that one can do any type of content, including mission chains,dailies and crafting to get top level gear without having to grind through many operations, flashpoints or pvp arenas in over and over and with guilds. You don;t have to go to business school to know that trying to force customers to pay to do things they do not enjoy is a losing business strategy. Customers will just leave feeling betrayed and find one of the many alternative outlets that will happily accept their precious time and hard-earned entertainment money. Edited by Kortrell

I do not believe that the mats costs of crafting are broken. I do believe that reverse engineering is TERRIBLE! 20% chance on green items and you can burn through 20 greens to get the schematic. then the blues are 5%!

I have literally spent 1 billion on the fluxes and rare fluxes and epic fluxes plus mats trying to get a proc in a rare accuracy Augment. I have deconstructed 50-60 augments... do the math on that cost, and still nothing. I have given up. Cheaper to buy then try and craft them myself.

1 billion credits trying to learn ONE schematic..... COME ON BIO! Up the % chance to 50% on greens and 30% on blues and 20% on purples, OR bring back stacking percentages.

be honest - crafting system totally destroyed

Agree. If they don't fix it I'll probably drop sub at the end of the year after 8 years as a sub non stop. And if I drop so will those in my family who still play to keep me company. (4 of them)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Just recently returned to the game after the break, and decided to craft, which in this game I always liked. I. I read this topic and thought, is it worth it? Has anything changed in the crafting system since the last posts?

Just recently returned to the game after the break, and decided to craft, which in this game I always liked. I. I read this topic and thought, is it worth it? Has anything changed in the crafting system since the last posts?

if you didn't already have 8 maxed companions, and several million to throw at it... it's a special kind of hell...... actually that's true even if you do have those things.

to put it in simpler terms I went from regularly crafting ~108 batches of finished goods a week, to 9.... and I only managed that much by adding a dozen characters which do nothing but farm mats....at a cost of ~35m each just for the maxed companions, crafting gear, and unlocks alone.

the only things that sell at any volume are augments and augment kits, along with a bit from biochem. Gear and mods are completely pointless to even try to research, let alone craft, since better fall off of even veteran FP bosses like water.

if you didn't already have 8 maxed companions, and several million to throw at it... it's a special kind of hell...... actually that's true even if you do have those things.

to put it in simpler terms I went from regularly crafting ~108 batches of finished goods a week, to 9.... and I only managed that much by adding a dozen characters which do nothing but farm mats....at a cost of ~35m each just for the maxed companions, crafting gear, and unlocks alone.

the only things that sell at any volume are augments and augment kits, along with a bit from biochem. Gear and mods are completely pointless to even try to research, let alone craft, since better fall off of even veteran FP bosses like water.

I came back about 2 months ago. Used CC to buy loot boxes, sold the stuff for capital, and maxed crafting on 4 toons with an eye on critical augments. I'm just at the point I can craft 6-10 a week which gives me a huge amount of money to play space barbie and gear at 75. It's been fairly enjoyable and engaging.

That being said it's a pretty shallow system in some ways. Besides augments, augments kits, and a few stims there isn't a market for anything else. Mat costs + 5% chances to learn new schematics, and the fact there is no need to buy or even bother crafting the items, make them terrible investments.

With the exception of earpieces for some reason, better gear does not drop in flashpoints. You can craft optimized bis gear. FP's at most provides the same gear. So it's a time versus money decision. Unless you are really poor in the game or love fp after fp dropping unoptimized junk gear, then the crafted stuff has value. Not everyone wants to, or has the time to, run 40 - 60 hammer stations to get bis optimized gear. No, it is not as great as prior game updates and was poorly thought out, but it is workable if you don't mind the pain. I spent about 3 billion credits or so to learn all the 306 mods, enhancements, armorings, earpieces, and implants on cyber, biochem, synth, and armormech/tech. I've been able to make 3 times the initial investment back. Unless you are a trillionaire, then that is definitely not pointless.

One thing the change did was open up gathering to making a bit more money than in prior game updates. If wandering the planets collecting nods is your thing, then they sell much better than prior tier mats used to sell for.

one weekemd of FP's will get you to 306 gear

Drops are based on your current worn item level

so yes FPs do drop better gear, and much faster

the only thing to know about getting to 306 fast is that you want to equip the highest rated item, regardless of stats or role.This is because of the veterans edge buff being more useful than jusst about any stats before 306.

but hey if you have literally 10's of billions of credits* you could try to gear via crafting..... but it'd still take you much much longer.....

*I may have underestimated that by an order of magnitude, I'm feeling generous

so yes FPs do drop better gear, and much faster

Neither of those points are correct...

FP Armoring from flashpoints:

Superior Versatile Armoring 80

Mastery: 471

Endurance: 409

Crafting Armoring:

Superior Versatile Armoring 80

Mastery: 471

Endurance: 409

How is the flashpoint any better???? It's not. You can buy one of those in 15 seconds for 7 million OR run numerous flashpoints. No one starts geared with 306's so doing nothing but flashpoints for an entire weekend hoping you get optimized gear is not faster. Cheaper yes, but NOT better and NOT faster.

you forgot to list the other 20 armorings that drop in FPs, and the fact you get mutiples per run, but that it takes more than a weeks worth of conquest mats (2 if you're in a small yield guild) just to craft a single 286 armoring... it gets worse from there..... only an (rich) idiot would try to craft them instead of getting them from drops

you forgot to list the other 20 armorings that drop in FPs, and the fact you get mutiples per run, but that it takes more than a weeks worth of conquest mats (2 if you're in a small yield guild) just to craft a single 286 armoring... it gets worse from there..... only an (rich) idiot would try to craft them instead of getting them from drops

You obviously only do story content or are too ignorant to know any better. Misinformation is why you see so many players with a mismatch of gear thinking they are properly geared.

80, 80R-1, 80R-2, 80R-3, 80R-4, 80R-5, 80R-6, 80R-7, 80R-8, 80R-9,

80R-10, 80R-11, 80R-12, 80R-13, 80R-14, 80R-15, 80R-16, 80R-17, 80R-18, 80R-19, and 80R-20 drop for armorings, mods, and enhancements in flashpoints. The majority of those are junk. Maybe you are poor or don't mind wasting days or a week to get a full set of optimized gear. Not everyone else is. That is why crafting is still important. Is it in a good place? No. But it is still needed. If it is not right for you with the changes you can still buy them from the GTN or get mats and have a guildie make them for you (most should not charge you). Time is money and not everyone wants to waste it in hammerstation when crafting gets you to the optimized gear quick and without the RNG junk gear.

Edited by Drew_Braxton

r9-r13 have better stats than anything else, including crafted.

and lets do a little math shall we? we'll ignore the schematics below 286, since they don't require conquest mats.

Advanced Armoring 74:

8x SRM

10% chance to the next level

advanced Armoring 77

12x SRM

same 10% chance to the next level

Superior Armoring 77

12x SRM

5x legendary embers

same 10% chance for next level

Now lets say for balance, you have a coin that flips tails / heads every other time. it take 13 attempts at 10% to get close the same odds as getting heads at least once on 2 coin flips.... that's so that's 13*(8+12+12) = 416x SRMs just to have researched the single 306 schematic. that's 70 weeks of conquest mats, while in a guild that does large yield, or 104 in a small yield guild.. the current market value of SRM's is ~500k, so the generous average cost to research is 208 millin credits (not including all the other mats particularly embers). and you get the below shematic... yay?

Superior Armoring 80 (306)

12x SRM

5x Legendary Embers

but wait.... you need to make 8 of them

so that 8 * 12 = 96 (16-24 week or 48m credits)

but the 'fun' doesn't stop there.... now you have to repeat the process for hilts/barrels, mods, enhancements, and 1-3ea earpieces, implants, and relics.

or you could run VFPs and be done in a week for the low low cost of nothing but the time spent. even faster if you run MMFPs, but they don't pop fast enough without a dedicated group for most people.

I was NOT kidding when I said 10's of billions of credits

but hey you want to waste all that time and resources for something that even the slot machine vendors could do faster and cheaper... have at it.... I'll be here pointing and laughing.

Edited by Void_Singer