I wouldn't be surprised if it's for level 65, or otherwise has a 50 and level 65 mode.

I wonder if BW will attempt to make a new difficulty for the current operations to bump the levels up to 65. It's obviously possible with the 6 pre-50 flashpoints bumping everything to 50 in hard mode. It would also be cool to introduce NMM flashpoints that bump the level to 65.

Edited by ImmortalAlien

I wouldn't be surprised if it's for level 65, or otherwise has a 50 and level 65 mode.

I wonder if BW will attempt to make a new difficulty for the current operations to bump the levels up to 65. It's obviously possible with the 6 pre-50 flashpoints bumping everything to 50 in hard mode. It would also be cool to introduce NMM flashpoints that bump the level to 65.

Level 65?! But we are all level 50, why would they make it 65? You really think they are going to add 15 levels without an expansion pack?

Level 65?! But we are all level 50, why would they make it 65? You really think they are going to add 15 levels without an expansion pack?

The promo that introduced the upcoming operation promises a new level cap with new abilities.

While I haven't seen the official new level cap, I heard 65 might be it. More than likely, though, I think it might be 55 or somewhere around that region.

Still, either the new operation comes out before the new level cap and is first for level 50's, or it's introduced afterwards and story mode is at the new level cap.

Either way, I imagine BW being smart and making a NMM for the flashpoints as well as a new difficulty level for current operations in order to boost them all to the new level cap.

The skill/gear progression will likely match EC SM for its SM if it is released along with 1.3 or if 1.4 is just a month after 1.3, or it will match EC HM if it's still several months away. This assumes it's released before the new level cap.

Edited by ImmortalAlien

While I haven't seen the official new level cap, I heard 65 might be it. More than likely, though, I think it might be 55 or somewhere around that region.

Where did you hear it was going to be 65?

dude i just saw the video and i just started jumping up and down and clapping new level cap new planets operations it look so sick i can actually pick up my 50s and stop making new ones when all this stuff comes out

I am excited about the new operations (heck, I am just excited about any new content). I have no idea what the new level cap will be -- that really surprised me. My personal opinion would be a only a small level cap increase to 52-55, as only one new operation could not support a massive level cap increase. A small level cap increase would also make Denova more accessible to folks, while still not making it totally irrelevant.

But, who knows, my idle speculation until more details are released. The E3 announcements, especially the Op, definitely got me excited!!!!

i would like to see more 8man content for pre-level cap. I hope they leave EV, KP and Denova (in the modes they currently come with) the way they are, so that lvl 50 can be where the "end game" can begin for players, with new difficulties (perhaps naming them something different to denote the lvl cap tuned encounters) and then having the new Op start at lvl cap. I am not opposed to the retuning of Nightmare modes however! If they follow the Op plan that was found a while back (the site(s) elude me atm who posted them), then the new ops look like a really good storyline.

I'd like to see the level cap raised only to 55. That way Campaign, Rakata, and Columi gear do not become worthless because they are still modded over the level cap.

Then i think that any new gear set should stay at level 61 mods. Add in a new variety of stats, set bonuses, and styles for each class. Also make half the gear come from NM Denova and the other half from HM/NM Terror from Beyond. Also Rakata gear that drops from SM Denova should be split between that and SM Terror from Beyond.

They should also include bracers and belts into any new set bonuses, and add a third bonus.

Doesn't look to star warsy to me, don't get me wrong I'm all for new content, but more bugs and monsters where the Epic light saber battles and stuff that makes star wars star wars.

Considering Star Wars lore has more then just epic light saber battles, I am happy. Also, since the EC encounters were pretty nice, here is to hoping more unique and interesting encounters on the difficulty curve.

I think everyone is missing the part where it said "coming this year". Meaning the highlights include 1.3, 1.4 and possibly 1.5 (if they can push it out by December). With NiM EC not coming with 1.3 we've got a long while until a new operation drops. I'm thinking September or later.

I think everyone is missing the part where it said "coming this year". Meaning the highlights include 1.3, 1.4 and possibly 1.5 (if they can push it out by December). With NiM EC not coming with 1.3 we've got a long while until a new operation drops. I'm thinking September or later.

From the footage so far it actually looks pretty far along and probably going through internal testing. 1.3 has no new content meaning that it would make sense for the level designers and artists to work on this stuff while the bulk of the programmers / scripters are working on the group finder and the rest of the stuff in 1.3. With that in mind my guess for 1.4 would be late July / early - mid August.

Most of the stuff shown seems to be from the leaked 1.3 stuff on Torhead (http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.3) and I wouldn't put it past them to push this back a patch to get the group finder and transfers out faster. This means that going off this theory the operation / warzone / hk would probably be in 1.4, as they are a: part of the leaks and b: fit the whole gree theme (bar hk), while the new planet and species would be later in the year based off the survey being passed around on the general board.

Based off the darth hater preview at e3, they showed a new daily area on Belsavis which (suprise) was detailed in the 1.3 leaks, and if they are showing stuff off it would seem like the bulk of the development is actually finished. (source: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20607-e3-2012-star-wars-the-old-republic-behind-closed)

Its probably a little too optimistic but it makes sense from a design standpoint, why would you have all of the designers and artists who frankly, are not needed for anything in 1.3 sit around for two months when you can have them working on stuff for a future patch to get it out the door faster? Seems like a waste of resources otherwise.

As for nightmare mode: they said it would drop a new tier of gear right? They could make Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict Nightmare Mode drop the same tier of gear so the progression goes:

EV / KP story -> EV / KP hard -> EC Story / EV + KP Nightmare -> EC Hard / Terror story -> Terror hard -> Terror

Nightmare / EC Nightmare.

Bottom line: My theory is this: they pushed 1.3 back to 1.4 and the bulk of the development is actually done and is currently going through internal testing (they just cut some features from this patch such as the group finder, mod kits etc to get it out faster), nightmare EC was delayed to flesh out the next tier by making it part of nightmare tier 3. Release date estemate would be: late July - mid August.

Although I'm most likely wrong about this but based off the leaks and the content shown so far I would be willing to bet a hefty sum on this being what actually happens. But we'll find out soon enough I guess.

Edited by The-Vortex