Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eshvara
07.30.2017 , 07:38 AM | #1581
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
I'd argue we have too many. If a player has to white knight for a developer, it means that the white knighter passively believes the development team is unable to defend themselves and needs said white knight player to come to their defense.

When you get into the psychological reasons for repeated white knighting, it is the pinnacle of a form of narcissism and hubris.

Doesn't mean people can't disagree with critics-everyone has a different opinion. But those that thrive on jumping into threads and arguing with paying customers who have a criticism of the game may need to re-evaluate their priorities.
I don't notice many If I have to be honest. I know of 1 Elite Warlord white knight on the forums. Compared to that person, the others don't even stand out.

And no, I'm not talking about o'l dasty. Though sillyness aside, I personally don't really like to call people white knights or use that term.
It makes me feel like the people who use the word sjw.😔 Not a fan.

If I ever use the word White knight in a serious manner, you can throw me in the sewage. I can't swim.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

Zeng
07.30.2017 , 07:49 AM | #1582
NO! Please don't speak for me. I've been here from day one, read the forums a lot but rarely post until some righteous person believes they know what I WANT. So don't assume YOU know what I NEED. If YOU are on a low population server that is YOUR fault, get off that server and find a new one. Don't ***** and moan that you want to merge because YOU can't be bothered to pay for a server transfer. Don't have money to pay for it ? Get off your butt and find a job! Flame me all you want but I am sick of people that claim to know what the COMMUNITY wants. Too many games have been wrecked by poster thinking they know everything and claim it's what everyone wants. IT'S NOT! Not everyone that play this game read the forums so don't claim YOU speak for everyone! It's just YOU!

ZionHalcyon
07.30.2017 , 07:57 AM | #1583
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I don't notice many If I have to be honest. I know of 1 Elite Warlord white knight on the forums. Compared to that person, the others don't even stand out.

And no, I'm not talking about o'l dasty. Though sillyness aside, I personally don't really like to call people white knights or use that term.
It makes me feel like the people who use the word sjw.😔 Not a fan.

If I ever use the word White knight in a serious manner, you can throw me in the sewage. I can't swim.
Trust me, I know you don't mean dasty. Those of us who have been active on the Forum longer than 6 months at a time span within the last 5 years now exactly who you are talking about.

CrazyCT
07.30.2017 , 08:14 AM | #1584
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Messages numbers from different players in server merge discussion thread which voted FOR implementation of merges:
2,4,5,11,12(Not directly, but it is for server merge),15, 16, 19,20 (Not directly, but it is for server merge), 26, 31, 33, 39, 43, 52 (Not directly, but it is for server merge), 57, 70, 72, 77, 94, 98 (Not directly, but it is for server merge), 105,107,116 ETC.

Learn to count. AND IT IS only first 12 PAGES.

Those who are against are mostly the same rp-persons (retajack, Cesarabit and a few others) repeating their messages to others, and these players are in minority.
How many of them are original people, and not sock puppets supporting themselves? And Bioware came out and said there were 1,000,000 subs (I have my doubts, but it's the only figure we have to go on), so even if you had 1,000 unique players supporting your case, that's only 1 thousandth (0.1%) of the population.

Learn to math.

Hardly a majority.
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

Eshvara
07.30.2017 , 08:18 AM | #1585
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCT View Post
How many of them are original people, and not sock puppets supporting themselves? And Bioware came out and said there were 1,000,000 subs (I have my doubts, but it's the only figure we have to go on), so even if you had 1,000 unique players supporting your case, that's only 1 thousandth (0.1%) of the population.

Learn to math.

Hardly a majority.
Nvm, misread.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

Deewe
07.30.2017 , 08:52 AM | #1586
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
Heya Keith.

This topic is extremely overdue since 18+ months now and should have gotten top priority from day one when you took office. Now, it's half?! a year later, you have nothing to present other than vague obvious months long possible processes and the bottom line is nothing will happen for quite some time to come. You don't seem to realize or understand (or realized it too late) that this topic should have been solved YESTERDAY.
I am lucky enough to play on a populated server (Ebon Hawk) and totally agree with the above.

Server population should have been the top 1 priority.

You might get players back with new content but those who leave disgruntled by the lack of action in terms of server population won't get back.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Thruine
07.30.2017 , 09:06 AM | #1587
Can't everyone on a low population server just get a free transfer rather than merging servers or megaservers. I don't like some of the problems that come with server mergers and magaservers just make things like heroics even more crowded (where two can sometimes be enough to cause wait). Not sure why we need to merge servers. And if they do, I hope its low populated with low populated and not low with mid to heavy. If there are problems, keep the casualty rate down as much as possible.

Spyderwoman
07.30.2017 , 09:08 AM | #1588
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
Good luck with making demands on what you feel they have to do with their game.
Typical of most forum posts though, they only come here to complain
Click http://www.swtor.com/r/rxqdKl for free 7 days subscription, bundle pack of goodies, a free transfer and more.

CrazyCT
07.30.2017 , 09:09 AM | #1589
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwoman View Post
Typical of most forum posts though, they only come here to complain
Are you saying that the majority are actually happy with the game the way it is, and don't feel the need to come to the forums to whine about it?
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

LD_Little_Dragon
07.30.2017 , 09:13 AM | #1590
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Yet, most of the players want it, which means it must be happened. I hope, you kid are old enough to understand that all important changes are implemented when MOST of the subjects demand it. Minority has no power to choose for majority. Welcome to real world. You can have your rp server, so you could stay there with a small group of players drinking imaginary whine and chatting garbage in cantinas but it doesn't mean active players must suffer.
Who are you to determine who is and isn't a majority? Repeat posters don't count more than people who only rarely, or never, post at all.

And 'active players'? What does that mean? Here's a tip for you - not every player has to pug or PvP to be a real active player. In fact, I would argue that the RP'ers are far more social and group orientated then your so-called 'active player'.

I'm a solo player myself - and do you think Bioware cares? Cash is cash even if a player does nothing but sit around all day watching the clouds fly by on Hoth.

Let's say they merge all servers - it won't magically make me suddenly start using GF. You can spend 90cc and move to a server where GF pops more often. What do you think a server merge will do that you transferring won't?