Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UNDER not circumstances do not remove 200/100 win requirement for team ranked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
UNDER not circumstances do not remove 200/100 win requirement for team ranked

JediMasterAlex
04.12.2020 , 12:50 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Thereís just no possible way for someone that plays thousands of solo ranked games to never experience what nearly every human being experiences in ranked which is tons of toxicity and match manipulation.
You should try actually reading my posts. In seasons 10 and 11, I witnessed a decent amount of wintrading. Many of the people I witnessed doing it got reset and/or banned. The toxicity was not nearly as bad in those seasons.

This season, I have witnessed very little wintrading, but the toxicity is worse. The excessive kicking is worse. I've stated this multiple times already, yet for some reason you pretend that I haven't. This is another example of how having any kind of reasonable conversation with you is difficult.

How do you manage to skate through it all yet every other player has a story to tell about how they got vote kicked, win traded against, match dropped, and/or cheated against one way or another. How is this possible?
I've been vote kicked and thrown on about a dozen times this season. I have highlighted excessive kicking as a problem many times. 3v4s are rarer now than ever thanks to the changes.

Thatís why itís dead, Alex. Itís a complete dumpster fire full of terrible behavior by a very small niche group of players. Thatís the truth. Whether you can admit it or not is another story.
No...it's not. It's in your head dude. I'm actually playing in the games and what you think happens does not happen. Again, I don't know what kind of psychological scarring you endured playing ranked for a week over a year ago, but you should work through it in some way that doesn't involved constantly posting nonsense on the forums.

Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
DM is the outlier though. This does not happen on SS or SF.

Also, DM ranked has a much higher population that the other servers. DM ranked also pops throughout the day and well into the next morning. I am sure that if you want to tryhard que dodge you can do it on DM. You can't do it on the NA servers where population is significantly less. If you want to que dodge a player you will most likely be left out of the que entirely. Typically on NA there is only 1 game going on at a time, whereas on DM there are 2-3.
I can attest that Prum plays a decent amount on SF and he is speaking actual truth here, so if you won't listen to me Lhance, you should try listening to him.

Lhancelot
04.12.2020 , 01:40 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
You should try actually reading my posts. In seasons 10 and 11, I witnessed a decent amount of wintrading. Many of the people I witnessed doing it got reset and/or banned. The toxicity was not nearly as bad in those seasons.

This season, I have witnessed very little wintrading, but the toxicity is worse. The excessive kicking is worse. I've stated this multiple times already, yet for some reason you pretend that I haven't. This is another example of how having any kind of reasonable conversation with you is difficult.

I've been vote kicked and thrown on about a dozen times this season. I have highlighted excessive kicking as a problem many times. 3v4s are rarer now than ever thanks to the changes.

No...it's not. It's in your head dude. I'm actually playing in the games and what you think happens does not happen. Again, I don't know what kind of psychological scarring you endured playing ranked for a week over a year ago, but you should work through it in some way that doesn't involved constantly posting nonsense on the forums.

I can attest that Prum plays a decent amount on SF and he is speaking actual truth here, so if you won't listen to me Lhance, you should try listening to him.

All this does is paint a bleak picture of ranked, supporting all my criticisms of ranked. Good to see you finally on the same page now.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

JediMasterAlex
04.12.2020 , 04:22 PM | #113
All this does is paint a bleak picture of ranked, supporting all my criticisms of ranked. Good to see you finally on the same page now.
I said absolutely nothing new in that post... I've said it all multiple times elsewhere. The facts that I've related are based on what's actually happening in ranked. Your main line that ranked is "filled with wintraders and cheaters and all the matches are manipulated" is still nonsense.

I'll repeat this too: i still have fun playing ranked every day. It's not nearly as bad as you and others on the forums think it is.

omaan
04.13.2020 , 05:01 AM | #114
The effectiveness of that strategy is far from guaranteed. People can log to alts you don't have on your friends list, or they can log to the other faction. People's ratings also can fluctuate frequently. This explains why you're whining about not getting enough wins. Maybe if you just played the game more, you'd get more wins.

Maybe that's how it played out on DM. That's not what was happening on SF in season 10.
But same happens in tr. Queue dodgers could not dodge that easy because as i wrote before teams were always different. Skilled players just swapped chars you didn't have in friend list or went to other faction which fully screwed up queue doding. Those queue dodge issues you wrote about sr fully concerns tr.
I wrote about reducing win requirement for sr not because of myself. in sr for now i need only 2 wins to get 200 and thanks to queue doding in sr i have more than 1700 rating and will get top rewards. So queue dodge works in sr perfectly as it worked in previous seasons for tr and sr and win requirement isn't a problem for me. I wanted devs to reduce win requirement due to notorious wintraders who reached 200+ wins but dropped from high elo thanks to legit players vote kicking them. Yet skilled legit players who aren't dodging throwers, wintraders and bots hardly can get even to 150 wins.
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls

JediMasterAlex
04.13.2020 , 09:41 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
I wrote about reducing win requirement for sr not because of myself. in sr for now i need only 2 wins to get 200 and thanks to queue doding in sr i have more than 1700 rating and will get top rewards. So queue dodge works in sr perfectly as it worked in previous seasons for tr and sr and win requirement isn't a problem for me. I wanted devs to reduce win requirement due to notorious wintraders who reached 200+ wins but dropped from high elo thanks to legit players vote kicking them. Yet skilled legit players who aren't dodging throwers, wintraders and bots hardly can get even to 150 wins.
That stuff, including you queue dodging, is only happening on DM. It's not happening on SF. Bioware just needs to ban the bad actors, not change the win requirements.

Sertar
04.13.2020 , 11:47 AM | #116
That stuff, including you queue dodging, is only happening on DM.
Pretty sure you can't say it just like this. On DM it got (and still gets) a lot of attention through streams, so frequently that the offenders try to defend themselves saying it's actually the people that called them out, who are doing it. This lead to the current situation where people just randomly accuse others, that no accusations at all are taken seriously anymore (unless you are new (or blind) and have no clue what actually is happening and what isn't). That's one reason why Ranked has such a negative reputation and why veteran players from Regs or PvE generally assume a title was cheated first, and only in 2nd question realize "oh this guy was actually legit, didn't know that exists, someone told me all top3s are cheated".

It's sad that we got there but it is what it is. People that really tryhard to cheat those titles will always choose the server where it's easiest. Sometimes it's the dead servers, sometimes it's actually the most populated.

JediMasterAlex
04.13.2020 , 11:57 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Sertar View Post
Pretty sure you can't say it just like this. On DM it got (and still gets) a lot of attention through streams, so frequently that the offenders try to defend themselves saying it's actually the people that called them out, who are doing it. This lead to the current situation where people just randomly accuse others, that no accusations at all are taken seriously anymore (unless you are new (or blind) and have no clue what actually is happening and what isn't). That's one reason why Ranked has such a negative reputation and why veteran players from Regs or PvE generally assume a title was cheated first, and only in 2nd question realize "oh this guy was actually legit, didn't know that exists, someone told me all top3s are cheated".

It's sad that we got there but it is what it is. People that really tryhard to cheat those titles will always choose the server where it's easiest. Sometimes it's the dead servers, sometimes it's actually the most populated.
There's no doubt that many top 3 titles were cheated in the past. And I have no doubt that there's a lot of ******** happening on DM at the moment. The reports are numerous. But I play in a lot of the matches that happen on SF, and I know of all the regulars that queue on SF. If there's shady stuff going on that I don't know about, I'd love to hear about it, truly. As you know, I'm as anti-wintrader as one can be. I'm happy to take specific, credible accusations seriously.

I'm not saying what I'm saying to try to sweep anything under the rug, far from it. I'm saying it because I'm genuinely not seeing it on SF. If you or someone else is, please let me know.

Lhancelot
04.13.2020 , 10:44 PM | #118
If you or someone else is, please let me know.
What are you going to do about it? Re-assess what was said or done then claim yes it's toxic, but not that toxic? Are you going to haul them away to the toxic jail? I mean, exactly why do WE have to show YOU anything? You got your head in the sand anyway. Once you get some sort of official title, you know, Commander of the Ranked Protective Unit or something else we have no obligation to fetch anything and bring it back to you. If you just opened your eyes you'd probably see everything everyone else seems to see.
HERE

JediMasterAlex
04.13.2020 , 11:14 PM | #119
What are you going to do about it? Re-assess what was said or done then claim yes it's toxic, but not that toxic?
I'm not talking about toxicity...I'm talking about cheating/wintrading, which is completely obvious given the context. I don't know why you even bother replying to posts if you don't read them properly. I already know all about the toxicity that exists in ranked on SF, as I've said over and over. The rest of your post is gobbledygook.

Lhancelot
04.13.2020 , 11:23 PM | #120
I'm not talking about toxicity...I'm talking about cheating/wintrading, which is completely obvious given the context. I don't know why you even bother replying to posts if you don't read them properly. I already know all about the toxicity that exists in ranked on SF, as I've said over and over. The rest of your post is gobbledygook.
They connected. The awful childish behaviors along with the vote kicks, along with the win trades, along with the harassment, along with the cheats, that's just it. It's all connected. Sorry you fail to grasp that detail.

None of it is acceptable, not the toxicity that you acknowledge although I am not sure what you classify as "toxicity" we had this discussion before too and you have exact guidelines in your mind that determine what is and what is not toxic.

Point is it's all toxic. Duh.
HERE