[Spoilers] So what storyline will be locked behind rewards next?

CorellianWannabe

After the Shroud story was apparently finished behind a limited-time reward lockout, perhaps the next reward will be someone like Thexan "I wasn't really dead" for those who maintain a subscription during Eternal Throne?

Imagine seeing what he's been doing all this time as your exclusive reward, while others are left in the dark about why you have Arcann's twin as your healbot and why no one ever seems to comment on that fact.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the Shroud story was apparently finished behind a limited-time reward lockout, perhaps the next reward will be someone like Thexan "I wasn't really dead" for those who maintain a subscription during Eternal Throne?

Imagine seeing what he's been doing all this time as your exclusive reward, while others are left in the dark about why you have Arcann's twin as your healbot and why no one ever seems to comment on that fact.

Stay subscribed simple as that. They told everyone it would be a special bonus chapter you knew it would have a storyline or side storyline, you knew it may be big, but you thought that it would be a sucky chapter that did nothing.

But it wasn't, you got a great droid, see HK-47's head and R2-V8's head, and showed who the shroud really was and why he kept on surviving after you "killed" him.

So its only your fault that you did not stay subscribed and only you are to blame.

Edited by josephxp

I really hope they don't do that again honestly, story is THE main attraction when playing SWTOR, voice acting, humor, character development, companion interactions, etc. etc., are the fundamentals of Bioware and their game. IMO they should NOT lock something THAT essential to their game behind a sub reward, or at least a limited time offered one. Sub rewards should remain, within a reasonable level, cosmetic, and time convenience to not break that delicate balance of OP sub rewards.

I really hope they don't do that again honestly, story is THE main attraction when playing SWTOR, voice acting, humor, character development, companion interactions, etc. etc., are the fundamentals of Bioware and their game. IMO they should NOT lock something THAT essential to their game behind a sub reward, or at least a limited time offered one. Sub rewards should remain, within a reasonable level, cosmetic, and time convenience to not break that delicate balance of OP sub rewards.

BW said it would be a bonus chapter chapters have story to them. It's your own fault for not subbing during the time frame.

BW said it would be a bonus chapter chapters have story to them. It's your own fault for not subbing during the time frame.

Repeating the same statement is not a counter to mine. Bonus or not, it's still the main attraction to their game, what people come to play, and besides, if that's the attitude you give then ill just direct people to YouTube as you aren't missing much.

Not to mention, what happens if they start leaving out essential chapter play throughs as a sub reward? Will people defend that as well since it's a sub reward? Micro transaction started off with horse armor, and now we have content withheld from release in order to make us pay extra for it.

EDIT- One too many "S" in a certain spot...

Edited by peter_plankskull

Repeating the same statement is not a counter to mine. Bonus or not, it's still the main attraction to their game, what people come to play, and besides, if that's the attitude you give then ill just direct people to YouTube as you aren't missing much.

Not to mention, what happens if they start leaving out essential chapter play throughs *** a sub reward? Will people defend that as well since it's a sub reward? Micro transaction started off with horse armor, and now we have content withheld from release in order to make us pay extra for it.

"Well, it's not like players NEEDED a Prothean companion in Mass Effect 3- it was merely additional content" is likely to be the canned response.

Not to mention, what happens if they start leaving out essential chapter play throughs *** a sub reward? Will people defend that as well since it's a sub reward? Micro transaction started off with horse armor, and now we have content withheld from release in order to make us pay extra for it.

You love to catastrophize... don't you? And in other news... the sky might fall any day or any time now.... it could happen! it could Happen! :p

I don't see this happening. It would be absurd to put story with links and bread crumbs to other story behind a reward wall (thus making it a pre-req for future story arcs). As for this reward, it's a bonus chapter, with no bread crumbs... so nobody is blocked from future content by it.

So...how about we worry about that when/if it happens. ;)

Edited by Andryah

A bonus chapter presumably about HK-55, not "Remember the Shroud? Here's the wrap-up! Too bad for anyone that didn't cough up a six month sub!"

Yep. Too bad... too sad for them.

P.S. no sympathy either.

If I did not meet the subscription requirements, I certainly would not be whining and crying about it. It's on me to sub or not sub.

You love catastrophize... don't you? And in other news... the sky might fall any day or any time now.... it could happen! it could Happen! :p

I don't see this happening. It would be absurd to put story with links and bread crumbs to other story behind a reward wall. As for this reward, it's a bonus chapter, with no bread crumbs... so nobody is blocked from future content by it.

So...how about we worry about that when/if it happens. ;)

This is "story with links and bread crumbs to other story behind a reward wall'. Or it acceptable to end a storyline behind a lockout if EA promises to never ever ever visit that storyline again?

As for the sky is falling, wasn't there a reaction to slot machines in the not too distant past?

Edited by CorellianWannabe

Or it acceptable to end a storyline behind a lockout if EA promises to never ever ever visit that storyline again?

Totally acceptable to me, an apparently others too.

Besides.. clearly some players love the bonus chapter. It being well received (even by some harsh critics of the game in this forum) may encourage the studio to make other stand alone stories as incentives in the future as well. Given how much story is liked, that's a particularly good format for incentive IMO... rather then items that some people like and many just toss and complain about.

Edited by Andryah

For the HK bonus chapter: Let it go.

For the future of subscriber rewards: Totally agree. Don't do it again Bioware.

Suggestion: Don't go cute or clever Bioware by making it all themed on one side character. Start a thread on October 1st. Use said thread to gather ideas, suggestions, and concepts for the kind of rewards to give out.

Make them based on total subscription time, not on calendar month. Use a collections window style ability to claim them to all character's inventory.

Each month, announce a few new items being added to the redeemable items list. Every month of sub you can redeem 1 additional item.

At 3 and 6 months, grant a bonus item redemption. At 9 months, unlock all redeemable items for the player.

And to reiterate, do not put content behind a sub wall... content is why we pay a sub fee each month.

Not to mention, what happens if they start leaving out essential chapter play throughs as a sub reward? Will people defend that as well since it's a sub reward? Micro transaction started off with horse armor, and now we have content withheld from release in order to make us pay extra for it.

EDIT- One too many "S" in a certain spot...

Lets see what information we knew beforehand...

1. Its a bonus chapter about HK-55

2. You play as HK-55

3. You MUST be a subscriber in the timeframe

They made all of that very clear, as with all other subscriber rewards (I dont have all of them, like party jawa and you dont see me complaining i cant get those achievements) if you were a sub you get the reward. If not, sucks to be you, the deadline passed, its like any college professor with a final paper, it MUST be done by this date, if not you get a 0. (Ya i had a funeral to go too when my final paper was due but i still sent that english paper in and got a 87% on it and i didn't complain).

Lets see what information we knew beforehand...

1. Its a bonus chapter about HK-55

2. You play as HK-55

3. You MUST be a subscriber in the timeframe

They made all of that very clear, as with all other subscriber rewards (I dont have all of them, like party jawa and you dont see me complaining i cant get those achievements) if you were a sub you get the reward. If not, sucks to be you, the deadline passed, its like any college professor with a final paper, it MUST be done by this date, if not you get a 0. (Ya i had a funeral to go too when my final paper was due but i still sent that english paper in and got a 87% on it and i didn't complain).

So, no information about the Shroud.

I am a little bit confused at what you're arguing. That you're entitled to Bioware's creativity? That they don't have the right to charge you for what their creative work is worth?

They are just upset that they didnt stay subbed for the entire period because they thought the bonus chapter would be terrible, now it turns out it was amazing and they are demanding to have it even though they didn't subscriber <_<

But ya just goes to show stay a subscriber especially if they promise bonus content from now on.

No reply to your great slot machine flounce?

I did not respond because it is completely off-topic, nor is it the same thing at all. :rolleyes:

But to end your nagging non sequitur shenanigans ......

In context.. I quit at that time for a number of SoR reasons. The slot machine debacle was simply the cherry on top. I personally did not use the silly thing, but the way it was handled, on top of the other screw-ups after SoR dropped meant I chose to take some time off from the game.

You.. you apparently just complain. If this bonus chapter pisses you off so much.. then take break. Otherwise, you are just talk. Walk your talk, or drop it.

Sucks to be the person who subbed to the game the month after the start date of the promotion, too; or today, or next January, etc.

I'm not thrilled by this being locked out to new players, myself; and I qualified for it. And, note, am usually to be found arguing that the sub rewards in general should not be made available again, at least not on the CM. But those were strictly cosmetic.

Honestly, after the Shroud datacron fiasco of a couple years back, I'm surprised they did this.

I am a little bit confused at what you're arguing. That you're entitled to Bioware's creativity? That they don't have the right to charge you for what their creative work is worth?

That those who started playing during the DvL hyped event (for example) will never get the wrap-up for the Shroud story because they didn't have the foresight to subscribe six months earlier.

You.. you apparently just complain. If this bonus chapter pisses you off so much.. then take break. Otherwise, you are just talk. Walk your talk, or drop it.

If he takes a break, he won't get the next continuous sub gated content...

It's as funny as it is terrible game management.