Still no new ops and flashpoints.

mmmbuddah

Revisionist history at work. Here's what actually happened. "SWTOR had to switch to a F2P model to survive because [the story content ran out and was never continued]."

Whether we get new operations or not, only BioWare knows. What I can say is this has never been a raiding game and operations have never been the focus. They were always an optional feature that appealed to the raiding niche, but SWTOR was never solely about raiding. For whatever reason (likely because raiding content isn't worth the money it costs to develop), BioWare is focusing more on other aspects of the game.

If not having new raids added every six months to a year is enough justification for you to quit, then you are probably playing the wrong MMO anyway. There are actually MMOs that focus solely on raiding as the premiere feature of the game. SWTOR is not one of them.

I'm not sure if "totally made up in my mind" history is much more relevant.

EXACTLY!!! This FACT is lost on so many people because it doesn't fit the current narrative.

And NO Op. No new Ops, no new FPs that any of us know of. NONE.

Well, it's a speculation but we're supposed to get the so called "uprisings". No idea what this would be but i guess we'll learn this Friday.

I'm not sure if "totally made up in my mind" history is much more relevant.

Isn't that the truth lol. Back at launch, it took EVERY quest to level, and even then I found myself grinding things just to stay ahead. Those who quit at launch, never even completed A story...so a "lack of story" was sure as hell not why they quit.

Isn't that the truth lol. Back at launch, it took EVERY quest to level, and even then I found myself grinding things just to stay ahead.

*shudder* Don't remind me i usually did 2-3 dozen space combat missions (yea i could have done warzones but i hate them) to get back on level for the next story mission i still have nightmares thinking about it.

Well, it's a speculation but we're supposed to get the so called "uprisings". No idea what this would be but i guess we'll learn this Friday.

Whatever it will be, it has to be better than the OPS we have just to retain a fraction of players. And with the rumors about the difficulties(solo, tactical, hard mode) I highly doubt they will be better. Sorry but I just can't see it, maybe I'm too "stuck" but something that has a solo and a tactical option just not gonna cut it for me. Boy I wish I will be wrong....

Whatever it will be, it has to be better than the OPS we have just to retain a fraction of players. And with the rumors about the difficulties(solo, tactical, hard mode) I highly doubt they will be better. Sorry but I just can't see it, maybe I'm too "stuck" but something that has a solo and a tactical option just not gonna cut it for me. Boy I wish I will be wrong....

I wouldn't mind having a solo version of Ops where we have groups of companions with us like we did in Plunder and Profits where we had Gault and Vette following us, but there does need to be more new-new stuff.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low to not get disappointed but yes, i feel the same, this is their last chance to retain what's left of the raiding community.

Likewise...VERY VERY low expectations.

I have no doubt that uprisings are basically star fortress 2.0. That's my expectation of what those will be. Best case scenario is that they are flashpoints. But, we can all be pretty safe in assuming they aren't anything related to operations.

Edited by Shwarzchild

I have no doubt that uprisings are basically star fortress 2.0. That's my expectation of what those will be. Best case scenario is that they are flashpoints. But, we can all be pretty safe in assuming they aren't anything related to operations.

That's what i expect too, and if that's the case i don't want to think about the sh*tstorm at NYCC

That's what i expect too, and if that's the case i don't want to think about the sh*tstorm at NYCC

If they end up doing the same thing they've done where they say nothing at all about raiding WoW will just poach more raiders from the game as WoW has been doing from not just this game but a good many of em. Or the ones who don't want to play WoW or Final Fantasy will just go preferred and slowly drift away completely. At this point it just "is what it is".

Part of me is slightly curious what happens in 5.0 with raiding. Do new teams form to replace us "unwanted" folk. Or, does it just go away? It sucks cause this game can give you some incredible highs through raiding. I just beat Revan for the first time and I had the shakes as that core dropped from 20 percent, 10 percent, 5 percent....stacks are still really under control...oh crap pull in....whew made it...crap stare at inner 9...ok made it.. <Core Explodes> OH MAN WE DID IT. Then realizing that I can't freak out just yet cause we still have to look at more abbs! I haven't felt anything like that rush in any game mode before. And tbh, I have NO idea how people did Revan pre 4.0. With that example said, people won't have any idea about that kind of a rush, or the satisfaction that swtor can bring to a player, through raiding. It's why I'm so up in arms about the total lack of caring about that area of the game. It's so good. It can be so good.

You are pretty terrible at the game then. I was able to hit level 50 at launch the moment I got to Belsavis (beginning of chapter 3) by doing the class story, planetary missions, bonus series, flashpoints, and occasionally warzones.

And yes, a lot of folks did leave because the story ended. I would know as half my guild left because the story was over and BioWare failed to continue the class stories. The endgame content (operations, warzones, flashpoints) was never the focus of the game and BioWare made that abundantly clear before SWTOR even launched. Most folks were not here for the mediocre endgame this "MMORPG" happened to offer.

First, please try to state your point without resorting to cheap, juvenile insults (see first line of your post quoted above). Unnecessary and makes you look far worse than the person you're trying to insult.

Second, while what you say about people leaving at launch for lack of story may well be true, the opposite is also true. When this game was announced, my entire WoW guild made plans to switch over to this game. We beta-tested, pre-ordered and all jumped in with early access. Everyone was ecstatic about the game throughout the leveling experience, and no one regretted leaving Wow. Then we hit end game about a month in. After running a buggy EV a dozen or so times, there was nothing left to keep most of the guild interested and by March or April 2012, the entire guild except for me and one other had left due to lack of endgame activities. So yes, some people may have left due to story arcs not being continued, but there were also a lot of people who were here for end game and left left due to the lack of it. Suggesting otherwise is merely revisionist history.

And yes, a lot of folks did leave because the story ended. I would know as half my guild left because the story was over and BioWare failed to continue the class stories

Those who quit at launch, never even completed A story...so a "lack of story" was sure as hell not why they quit.

Is it just me or TUXs never said they left because of the story ended. Maybe it's just me, but correct me if I see it wrong, but as I see it, TUXs said, they didn't even completed A story. Maybe because I'm Hungarian, but to me this "A" says that NOT EVEN ONE character of the leavers reached endgame, and again, maybe it's just me but isn't this means the class stories are just plain and simple lackluster?

So there's that. I really don't care who of you are right or wrong, but I see opinions stated as facts.

Is it just me or TUXs never said they left because of the story ended. Maybe it's just me, but correct me if I see it wrong, but as I see it, TUXs said, they didn't even completed A story. Maybe because I'm Hungarian, but to me this "A" says that NOT EVEN ONE character of the leavers reached endgame, and again, maybe it's just me but isn't this means the class stories are just plain and simple lackluster?

So there's that. I really don't care who of you are right or wrong, but I see opinions stated as facts.

You shouldn't be so literal. The BULK of the players never did, that's a fact provided to us by Bioware.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20141126

If you read that, you'll see that there were 57 MILLION characters created...yet the size of the players fleet would only be 6.8 million ships. Since you are given a ship for playing the story in Chapter 1, I figure that's close to about 88% who never even got beyond Chapter 1.

There are many reasons people quit and story or not enough group content are just groups that most likely quit at a later point the biggest group that left was not far away from launch those people for example who came from SWG (like me) which was closed down and even more who never played a SW MMO and/or came from WoW etc. or no MMO at all, they all had one thing in common they where overhyped by the SW IP they had exorbitant expectations the game couldn't fulfill and left.

There where also smaller groups like people who quit because it took them months to get the legacy running etc. (but some of them probably returned at least at one point) but it's not as easy as to say that one thing is the reason.

It's kinda like with episode 7, everybody jumped on the hype train and many where disappointed by it i mean hell even i left the theater in the middle of the movie and i have a high tolerance for trashy movies. ;)