Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best In Slot For Marksman

Andronna
09.08.2013 , 08:41 PM | #1
Working on my sniper and I was wondering if anyone has a link to best in slot for Marksman and / or the "ideal" pve dps build?

Svii
09.09.2013 , 01:16 AM | #2
It's very simple for MM Sniper:

All Power, no Critical rating. Though it doesn't hurt to have a little crit while you get your mods sorted out.
Ranged Accuracy as close to 100% as possible, I choose to have over 100% instead of 99.5%ish.. I hate to miss.

You can check my AMR-profile in my signature, it's not BiS but not too far away in the Underworld tier

Andronna
09.09.2013 , 09:29 AM | #3
Thanks for the response. That will help me sort the gear out...much appreciated.

Sturjus
09.09.2013 , 01:08 PM | #4
All power no crit is debatable.

Personally, I like to run w/ 25% crit. It may be in my head, but I notice a difference between having that extra crit to not having it. Especially when I see a SoS hit for 4k each tick. Also, be sure to use Skill Augments.

Cunning: 3533

Ranged: Dmg Primary: 1832 - 1994
Bonus Dmg: 1104.9
Accuracy: 99.95%
Crit: 25.35%
Surge: 72.01%

Tech: Bonus Dmg: 1592.5
Accuracy: 99.95%
Crit: 25.35%
Surge: 72.01%

Fully Min/Max'd in Kell Dragon gear, with the exception of 2 Shadowed Implants, and 1 Shadowed Earpiece.
I play a MM Sniper in a guild that has NiM S&V/TFB on farm, each dps pulling roughly 3200-3300 dps on the dummy.

Andronna
09.09.2013 , 02:55 PM | #5
Thanks much for the input. Regarding the no crit thing, I took Svii to mean not to stack crit which seems to be the trend in other dps classes as well. It looked to me from his AMR profile that he's running a little over 23% crit which puts him in the range that you suggested.

Again, thanks for the reply...every bit of information I can get is useful.

Svii
09.10.2013 , 02:13 AM | #6
That's what I meant, I see many Snipers stack crit rating to 30%+ and that is definitely bad, especially for Marksmanship.

Crit Vs. Power is somewhat debatable, I'm not a theorycrafter, but having a little crit rating (sub 250s?) won't hurt you (skill is more important than a few misplaced points). I just switched out my last Mod and Enhancement to Power and I can't really tell the difference in how often I crit except that I hit harder. I just used a higher rated Crit mod instead of lower rated Power mod until I got the token to upgrade.

PS. Those Kell Dragon stats looks mighty sweet

johnpickard
09.12.2013 , 11:09 AM | #7
All power, no crit 395 acc rating build. I've asked people for specifics on here bfore and theyve never shared, idk why.

heres a link to my AMR profile:

Qu'artermane

and a NiM WH parse using said gear (although we wiped, one of our tanks had the flu and was practically dying trying to tank) :

NiM WH

Hopefully this info helps