Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Loss! Need Help!

Timomsv
09.15.2013 , 06:18 AM | #1
Hello Guys,
i am totally screwed up with my sniper. I have been top dps of my gild for a long time. But since i switched to 72 gear, i dropped down in dps. I parsed nearly 2600 in 69 gear and dropped down to 2150 - 2400 now. I uploaded a parse for you to check whether there are any mistakes or similiar in the rotation.

http://www.torparse.com/a/424957

My Stats are :
nearly 24 % crit
Surge 68%
Bonusdamage: 931
Priority Damage: 1610 - 1710
and main stat Cunning 3070

I read nearly every guide of the past 6 months in this board but neither find a solution. If someone could check for mistakes, that would be awesome.

Whojoo
09.15.2013 , 06:45 AM | #2
I don't understand german so my help is very limited.
You seem to have enough accuracy since you haven't missed. Check if your ranged accuracy isn't far above 100%. Every point above 100% could've been spent on surge.
My guess is that you are Marksmen specced. In that case, math people say use no crit. Although the harm wouldn't be this much dps.
Other than that, check your rotation and your fight. Are you wasting a GCD by waiting?

Most helpfull for you would be either someone who understands german or by using the english version of the game and then do another parse.
Changing language can be done on the launcher. When you have to login you see those wheels at the lower left. Click those and then language.

I hope someone here is better with the german language and can help you better than I just have. I keep an eye on this post, just in case (gotta admit that i'm curious :P)

EDIT: Please give us the following details:
Crit rating (not %, hover mouse over crit chance and you'll see the crit rating)
Surge rating (same story as above)
Accuracy (same story)
Power (hover mouse over bonus damage)
Alacrity rating.
Mods used (complete name please, not just artful or keen).

Maybe we can conclude something out of that.
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

Timomsv
09.15.2013 , 06:51 AM | #3
Oh sorry i didn't think of the game to be in german. I will work over my post and try to get down everything in english. Thank you so far.

Okay i checked the stats now again:

Crit : 69
Surge : 341
Accuracy : 531
Power: 1245
Alacrity: 2 % ( sorry cant find any amount )

This is my rotation:
OS-Ambush - Shatter Shot - FT - SoS - SV - CD - FT - SoS - EP - Laze - Snipe - Snipe - FT Ambush - FT - CD - SoS - FT - instant Snipe - Snipe - FT - Ambush - CD - FT - Snipe - Instat Snipe - FT

And yes Marksman 36 / 3 / 7

Whojoo
09.15.2013 , 07:02 AM | #4
2% alacrity is probably from the Lethality tree. Nothing wrong with that.

So far I can see for now it is mostly either a rotation flaw, a connection issue or a combination of both. Don't know what else could cause such a dps drop.
The Red Eclipse

Kadjunga
09.16.2013 , 01:11 AM | #5
the only thing i can see is standing up and going back into cover to use snipe again. that is at least 1-2 gcd per rotation lost. can rank up to be quite high.

for pve, you want to stay in the same cover as long as possible and keep using the same rotation you have. The only time that might be helpful is if the boss is in a mobile phase (say dashroode) and you are moving from shield to shield or if you are pvping and need that instant snipe due to LOS'ers.

as for the rotation itself, it seems solid enough. but if you want to try an energy efficient one that uses ep as well then the rotation i use is:

(opener) shatter, dart, crouch, insta-snipe, follow.

snipe, snipe, follow, ambush, follow, dart, sos, follow, sv, sos, probe, follow, snipe, snipe, OS, follow.

CJNJ
09.16.2013 , 07:38 AM | #6
Your APM is ~33. It should be around ~40 I think. This can either be due to lag or skill tbh. Has your connection been iffy recently?

Another thing is your Series of shots. Looks like you only used it what 15 times in the 4 and a half minute period? series of shots will be your biggest hitter. Ya gotta keep it on CD

CJNJ
09.16.2013 , 07:48 AM | #7
Here is the current highest parsing marksman parse. I chopped the time down so that is the same time as yours. Check out the differences

http://www.torparse.com/a/365907/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

Kaos_KidSWTOR
09.16.2013 , 08:07 AM | #8
I can already see his DPS loss. It's his rotation.

MM rotation should be as follows, Cover > Shatter Shot > Snipe > FT > Snipe > Snipe > FT > Shatter Shot > Ambush > FT > SoS > FT > Sniper Volley > SoS > FT > OS > Shatter Shot > Orbital > Dart > EP > Repeat (dont get out of cover unless you need to move) It's the most efficent for getting your FT procs and it uses Sniper Volley to get out 1 more FT and SoS. Try running that rotation and see what your DPS is. It should hover around about 1.5k to 1.7k

Whojoo
09.16.2013 , 11:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
I can already see his DPS loss. It's his rotation.

MM rotation should be as follows, Cover > Shatter Shot > Snipe > FT > Snipe > Snipe > FT > Shatter Shot > Ambush > FT > SoS > FT > Sniper Volley > SoS > FT > OS > Shatter Shot > Orbital > Dart > EP > Repeat (dont get out of cover unless you need to move) It's the most efficent for getting your FT procs and it uses Sniper Volley to get out 1 more FT and SoS. Try running that rotation and see what your DPS is. It should hover around about 1.5k to 1.7k
I notice a few things about your post. First of all OS is Orbital strike in my knowledge, but you wrote orbital 2 skills further. So what do you mean?
Second thing is you use in ~20 seconds 3 times shatter shot. That is a dps loss + a waste of energy. The armor debuff lasts 45 seconds.
Besides I only see a rotation with sniper volley. So an addition to your rotation. One without sniper volley.
Snipe -> snipe -> FT -> ambush -> FT -> CD -> SoS -> FT -> repeat either rotation with SV and OS or this one.

Like said before, don't use insta snipe during rotation. You're still using one GCD and you are wasting some time by uncover and re-cover. Rotation in general looks like the one paowee (bet I misspelled his name) or samuel (same story) posted. Which is a good rotation.
Try to squish in as much attacks as possible and check your connection (can also kill dps). Insta snipe + to long wait times + connection can be the cause.
The Red Eclipse

greg_biochem
09.16.2013 , 11:14 AM | #10
Server: The Ebon Hawk
Red'october - Gunslinger