Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the Devs don't understand...balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What the Devs don't understand...balance

LegionAlpha
09.21.2020 , 09:33 PM | #1
No game can balance anything perfectly, but with the new additions coming of a new tier of augments that require pvp and pve participation, there needs to be an equal effort by the devs to get involved again into the act of balancing classes in both facets of the game. Why? Simple, to get the result you want. More participation. A core problem among players with pvp in all of swtor's history is the absolute lack of even effort in balancing anything pvp related. As i said, nothing will be 100% perfect, but at least effort can be seen. Over the entire lifespan of this game, the amount of effort put into balancing pvp, specifically in a ranked environment, is next to nothing.

Aside from just the balancing, devs and moderators that work with the devs will need to up their game on promoting the fair environment that is non existent in ranked right now. The vote kicking, win trading, etc...etc...etc...

As a pvper myself, none of things really bother me that much, but i have some time before i call it a night, and as i roamed forums and i reflect on the upcoming changes as a whole, with their ideas and purpose behind them, there seems to be a lot of demands made by the devs for players to meet, yet it does not seem the devs have an understanding of how to execute what they really want....participation in the various modes of the game. This is seen by the obvious forcing of players to play a mode they don't want to. If you cry credit sink, I say foolishness. The credits still go to someone, and the GTN tax is not going to do much to remove the credits. This isn't so much of a credit sink as it is a way for those who do nim and ranked to end up hording all the credits in the end. What does this mean? You make the elite more elite, the rich get richer. Do i have a problem with that? Personally, no. But, the flawed logic behind the processes that are being implemented, with their reasons openly stated and mentioned here, show a disconnect between the game and the devs for finding an actual viable solution to the problems they think exist. Some of these problems are even created by the devs themselves.

So, with that all said, TLDR; Forcing people to play different modes is bad. Need to actually make real efforts to balance classes on pvp and pve standpoints to encourage more involvement (somewhat fair atmosphere). Credit sink is a joke; Nim and Ranked players will just end up with more money. It doesn't actually get rid of any credits. Actually furthers the divide between player types and levels, fueling toxicity even more (though they claim to be fighting toxicity as well). Toxicity is a product of bad game development more times that neglects the game by neglecting feedback that mattered as we see years down the road here now. But, doubtful anything will change. Goodluck EAware.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.

Bxvx
09.21.2020 , 11:45 PM | #2
Is this new augment really good? I don't really raid so I'm not really in the loop on the stats.

Raazmir
09.22.2020 , 12:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bxvx View Post
Is this new augment really good? I don't really raid so I'm not really in the loop on the stats.
No, people are crapping themselves over basically nothing. Its the sort of improvement that you'll see when you run 10k starparse sims and will be basically completely invisible in actual gameplay.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

Bxvx
09.22.2020 , 12:20 AM | #4
I get it, used to raid hardcore in EQ and we always wanted to get those few extra points ahead of someone else. I don't pvp either, nothing against it just when I came back to the game I'm not really interested in it. I used to pvp alot back in the day but I just do the filthy casual thing now lol.

Tsillah
09.22.2020 , 12:53 AM | #5
Has it ever occurred to you that BW do understand balance but don't want things to be balanced?
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

JediQuaker
09.22.2020 , 11:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that BW do understand balance but don't want things to be balanced?
Or, they just don't balance things the way you think they should. 🙂
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Tsillah
09.22.2020 , 02:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Or, they just don't balance things the way you think they should. 🙂
Or that indeed.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

LegionAlpha
09.23.2020 , 10:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Or that indeed.
has nothing to do with how I want thing balanced. I want all classes to be as powerful as they can be within good reason. It should be about skill, not about just being able to nullify someone's Defensive cd's cuz ur class is so over powered without even using an offensive cd.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.