Most unappealing companion?

Venlo

What are your suggestions?

I am not a big fan of Skage and Qyzen Fess, just because of the looks.

Some companions are sexless monsters. Some companions are lizards rather than mammals. Some companions are machines and whether they are pieces of equipment or persons depends on the beholder.

So this question cannot be answered, because too many companions can categorically not attract my characters at all - and that is not a flaw said characters, that just the way it is.

If the question is, which character we find most repulsive from those that would usually be taken into consideration for a mate, the answer would come from my female Jedi Knight and be "Doc". She pretty much shares Kira's (i.e. "Little Miss Uptight" in his words) attitude towards him, though she's more diplomatic about it.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Most unappealing....

IMO, Skadge hands down. Not only is he physically repulsive, having an appearance close to a semi-melted pile of lard, he is also a bully with no redeeming qualities such as wit or intelligence. (You can contrast him to a charcter like Tanno Vik. Vik is also not physically attractive and can be a bully. However, Vik has a really dry wit, is cunning, and respects the Havoc Squad CO. I like Vik, hate Skadge.)

Skadge is by far the most unappealing companion I've encountered. (There are 42 companions. I've picked up 29 so far.) Honorable mention goes to:

The Ship Droids. Thank goodness they reduced the frequency that these guys speak, but I would adore a way to shut them off. Seriously want to punch them every time I walk on board a ship. Plus I don't care for the design. I know it's supposed to be an older version of the C3PO model, but I just don't care for it.

Nadia and Raina Temple also severely irritate me. Something about their tones and hero worship and really stupid decision making just makes me wish for a 2x4 so I could smack them upside the head. With them it's all about their personality.

Other than that, while there are companions I don't care for, I wouldn't say any others are unappealing.

I think skadge is great. I enjoy having him around. He's really funny to me..

His whole recruitment story made no sense, and being a tank I have no use for him, but I find Skadge kind of amusing too... mostly just what he says when I send him on missions. Don't bug me!

His whole recruitment story made no sense, and being a tank I have no use for him, but I find Skadge kind of amusing too... mostly just what he says when I send him on missions. Don't bug me!

Agreed. I think if they reworked the story with him becoming a part of the crew, it'd be a whole lot better.

Do something akin to how Jane became a part of Mal's crew.

Skadge. Ugly, mean, probably smelly, rude, nasty, ugly, bad, bully. Oh and ugly. How the guy ended up on my ship continues to bewilder me.

But honestly? I hate Kaliyo even more.

I'm just wondering if you thought he might perchance be ugly? I would try to kick his fat ***** out of the airlock but knowing my luck he would get stuck. While I am no fan of kaliyo she at least had some snarky comments that were funny.

I detest Skadge. I find that he fits in with my crew about as well as a Lego does the carpet. He's literally painful for me to be around. I have maximized all rep with all of the companions with my Bounty Hunter with the exception of Skadge. He is at somewhere near -12,000 affection. Even Gault was easier for me (a light-side, honorable Mercenary) to stomach. I must also agree that Tharan is a narcissist to an unhealthy extreme and truly, deeply annoying at times. I have found that through the entire story lines of Knight, Consular, Trooper, Smuggler, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter, and Agent as well as through Chapter 1 of the Warrior (no I don't have a life, and yes I play too much) that I don't truly DISLIKE any except Tharan and Skadge. I am not fond of the smugglers Risha or Gus, though Corso is by far one of my favorite companions, more than making up for those two, and Spar makes for a great romance.

If anyone is interested in playing with some of the most interesting and truly unique personalities the Imperial Agent does not have any unlikable companions. In my opinion Vector is one of the best developed character in the game, and Kaliyo's rough around the edges attitude makes her a fun challenge to please. For the soft-hearts there's Temple and Lokin for your strange science/words of wisdom guy. SCORPIO is fun to play because of her hatred for you. I, personally find that the IA is the best story line and has the most diverse yet awesome companion selection.

And... you guessed it, Skadge.

Even if Id been playing my bounty hunter as neutral or dark-side the guy would still make zero sense at all.

He gets on the ship by threatening to paste you, the single most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy, champion of the Great Hunt, killer of everything from womp rats to Jedi Masters. I get that we *have* to have 5 combat companions to fill out the roles (two tanks are freaking unnecessary though since there is virtually no difference between them) but is companion count really a good enough reason for my bounty hunter to suddenly become a frightened little wimp?

Edited by Dras_Keto

I think I dislike Guss Tuno the most. Bulging eyes fishhead who is also a chronic coward, an epic failure in life and doesn't say anything funny ever.

Most unappealing....

IMO, Skadge hands down. Not only is he physically repulsive, having an appearance close to a semi-melted pile of lard, he is also a bully with no redeeming qualities such as wit or intelligence.

Heh yeah.. But I think his temper tantrums are cute ("It ain't a temper tantrum!")

I liked several of his cutscenes.

(Skadge: "Tin can wouldn't give up where he was goin'. Guess I broke it."

me: "It would be in better shape if it fell from orbit.")

but is companion count really a good enough reason for my bounty hunter to suddenly become a frightened little wimp?

Dunno about you, but I took him aboard cause he is funny, and an extra hand is sometimes useful. Nothing about being a wimp.

I think having a guy on board who makes mouse droids go "SQUEEEE!!" is nice.

Edited by Karkais

I think I dislike Guss Tuno the most. Bulging eyes fishhead who is also a chronic coward, an epic failure in life and doesn't say anything funny ever.

Guss grew on me because of his sometimes silly comments :).

Most unappealing...count me in the Skadge group. If I could have killed him I would have in a second.

While Rusk joining the JK crew does not make a lot of sense, at least he has the redeeming quality of being honorable; reckless but honorable.

Edited by psandak

Skadge, there was never a more 'why are you here' character than him. Even Rusk [he pretty much worships you] and Lt. Iresso [i'm basically going AWOL because screw my command] had reasons. Even stupid Broonmark, because he was a psycho killer who had no tribe and nowhere else to go except be your servant.

Skadge had none. All he does is complain that everyone's weak on your ship and he hates it there. And no, at the end he still says this, he just says you're kinda alright... after 10k affection.

ugh...

Edited by maxetius

Dunno about you, but I took him aboard cause he is funny, and an extra hand is sometimes useful. Nothing about being a wimp.

I think having a guy on board who makes mouse droids go "SQUEEEE!!" is nice.

I think a bounty hunter with that attitude is about the only one that Skadge makes sense with.

There is no way my bh would EVER have willingly let him on her ship. Completely, bizarrely out of character.

Belsavis spoiler:

This is a woman who came directly from a mission where she freed the Dread Masters, mocked them, and STILL didn't break when they (legitimately scary critters) started attacking her. And she caves when this walking pile of sludge threatens her?? Massive storytelling disaster and whichever writer came up with it should realize that it was a huge mistake.

I think a bounty hunter with that attitude is about the only one that Skadge makes sense with.

There is no way my bh would EVER have willingly let him on her ship. Completely, bizarrely out of character.

Belsavis spoiler:

This is a woman who came directly from a mission where she freed the Dread Masters, mocked them, and STILL didn't break when they (legitimately scary critters) started attacking her. And she caves when this walking pile of sludge threatens her?? Massive storytelling disaster and whichever writer came up with it should realize that it was a huge mistake.

Agreed! My BH did the same thing and then Skadge just pushes his way in? It's terrible.

Corso due to his attitude re:women.

He puts his captain on a pedastal that is creepy as ****, he gets super duper jealous if you flirt with other men (even if you haven't initiated a romance), and he has a double standard with killing women.

If I could space the ****er or leave him back on Ord Mantell, I would. And I'd just have Gus, Risha, Akaavi, and Bowdar on my ship.

Can't comment on Skadge as I have yet to get him and I adore Quinn, his "story thing" and all.

Edited by Tattari