Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premier kiting class in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Premier kiting class in SWTOR?

Tjommen
07.19.2015 , 04:53 AM | #1
Lately I've started getting into PvP, I used to play hunter in WoW and I've gotten a taste for kiting classes. I wonder if there is some class / spec that's supposed to be used as a kite in SWTOR pvp.

I consider sniper/gunslinger because of their long range but they are fairly stationary to my knowledge. Any input is welcomed.

venomlash
07.19.2015 , 01:06 PM | #2
Telekinetics Sage/Lightning Sorcerer is insanely mobile and does an AoE root+slow with their big-hitting attack (Telekinetic Wave/Chain Lightning). They may be what you're looking for.

Tjommen
07.20.2015 , 05:09 PM | #3
Thanks a bunch for the input!

jauvtus
07.21.2015 , 12:12 AM | #4
They told me on the sage/sorc forum that they are the worst kiters and dont have enough utilities to kite a sent/mara for example

Cybridwarform
07.21.2015 , 12:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jauvtus View Post
They told me on the sage/sorc forum that they are the worst kiters and dont have enough utilities to kite a sent/mara for example
more than likely terribad cooldown management then, its ok tho since the majority of PVP'ers honestly lack cooldown monitoring skills.
Agent: What if i brought you flowers?
Kaliyo
: I would go find a man instead.
-A true woman.

Torvai
07.21.2015 , 12:52 AM | #6
Best kiting class is without a doubt mara/sent. After they tried to kill you, they always run for their lives

Jokes aside, sorc/sage probably.

Ziffron
07.21.2015 , 01:01 AM | #7
Powertechs, they can just turn on root immunity and run circles around you
The Merak Legacy
Never Retreat
Never Surrender
The Force is with you, Now and Always

Burrowa
07.21.2015 , 04:18 PM | #8
Powertech and Lightning Sorc

teclado
07.22.2015 , 06:06 PM | #9
Lightning sorc for 8v8 warzones, madness for solo ranked arenas.

PT can kite pretty well too, but it's from under 15m only. You never have to stop moving, though. For lightning sorc, you have to stop moving when all of your instants have been used up, for madness you have to be stationary for force lightning.

Kaos_KidSWTOR
07.22.2015 , 06:33 PM | #10
Operatives of both flavors are VERY good at Kiting people, Lightning and Madness sorcs are also. Powertechs and Juggernauts can Kite also.