Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Master Sidonie Garen - solo?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Master Sidonie Garen - solo?

ssebarod's Avatar


ssebarod
05.06.2013 , 08:29 PM | #61
I am infiltration shadow level 30
After dying so many times and trying both qyzen and Theran
Reading all tips
One crucial thing I learned
You need to interrupt her heals aka bene something and avoid her force quake too
That is the key to all the fight

Belly's Avatar


Belly
05.08.2013 , 04:32 AM | #62
Just for fun, I tried with no companion, lvl 32, full TK. You gotta kite/los like crazy, but it's doable. Kite forcequake, LOS project storm and do whatever you have to interrupt her heal, keep dots up and you're golden
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Righness's Avatar


Righness
05.09.2013 , 06:06 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Kleinric View Post
I am a level 32 balance sage and I cannot seem to beat her!! Any advice would be great...thank you!
I may defnintely be wrong in this but all the research and reading i've done suggested that balanced is for pvp not solo. I think that "might" be part of the problem. Interupts are a must as others have said, having the right tank/healer depending on your routine and playing style... Please someone correct me if I am wrong, hope that helps.

Belly's Avatar


Belly
05.09.2013 , 11:18 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Righness View Post
I may defnintely be wrong in this but all the research and reading i've done suggested that balanced is for pvp not solo. I think that "might" be part of the problem. Interupts are a must as others have said, having the right tank/healer depending on your routine and playing style... Please someone correct me if I am wrong, hope that helps.
Balance works as well, DoT specs are actually pretty good in long PvE fights, as the internal damage ignores armor. They usually aren't considered "good" for soloing because it takes a while to get your dots set up, when instead you could use TK to just burn normal and strong mobs faster. In longer fights, this becomes less of an issue, and the time to kill tends to even out between the specs.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Righness's Avatar


Righness
05.13.2013 , 12:34 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
Balance works as well, DoT specs are actually pretty good in long PvE fights, as the internal damage ignores armor. They usually aren't considered "good" for soloing because it takes a while to get your dots set up, when instead you could use TK to just burn normal and strong mobs faster. In longer fights, this becomes less of an issue, and the time to kill tends to even out between the specs.
Thank you for the words of wisdom and I will definitely check out the builds a little more in depth the next time around.

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
05.22.2013 , 06:21 AM | #66
To be honest a long long time ago that I levelled my sage I didn't find any of the battles difficult, maybe die once till I figure out what to interrupt.... except TASSANDRA. Even if I was one level above it took me ages and a number of tries until I managed to kill her. I suggest you give her a go just for the laugh, it is an optional mob so you can bypass her if you want.

BanRau's Avatar


BanRau
06.14.2013 , 03:57 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by GFWarper View Post
Shadow can kite her and can avoid AOE. You have 3 good interrupts: kick, stun and regular interrupt. It's not easy fight, quite doable one. Avoid AOE, use only buffed project/SS, use telekinetic throw when you have to stay at distance, stun/kick for SS.
Good healing potion and stim as well as Thrax are all welcome.
Shadows don't have Kick, you must be thinking of Jedi Knights.

JouerTue's Avatar


JouerTue
08.16.2014 , 04:25 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by BanRau View Post
Shadows don't have Kick, you must be thinking of Jedi Knights.
tanks shadows can use spinning kick out of stealth and it's a short stun, and infiltration have low slash, which is a short stun aswell. idk the lvl of this fight, but i've done the consular story both on sage and shadow and i don't remember about undoable fights at all..
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

Pharlanghan's Avatar


Pharlanghan
07.29.2015 , 06:13 AM | #69
I was surprised the first time and not paying attention - too many elites are just tank and spank in the game so when there is a challenging one it's a shock. I went back and took her the second time.

Make sure gear is topped up and interrupt that heal.

-> 32, Shadow infiltration

BanRau's Avatar


BanRau
07.29.2015 , 11:15 AM | #70
One thing that I discovered that has helped me out a lot is to do anything and everything that you can to level up prior to this battle. If you do Flashpoints and Warzones and Heroics, and even Tactical Flashpoints( KDY, for example), soon you will have enough commendations to be able to upgrade all of your gear and you companions gear. And another thing that will help is if you remember to keep moving when you are facing off against her. And don't forget to stun.