Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has anyone else sort of noticed this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Has anyone else sort of noticed this?

_FeatherStone_
07.29.2015 , 12:28 PM | #1
So, I have had the chance to play all four imperial classes. From what I can tell (and maybe this is just me), I see a comparison between two of the classes. I noticed that the Bounty Hunter class and the Sith Warrior class both take awhile for their Rage, or Heat to charge up quickly. Compared to Sith Inquisitor and Imperial Agent where they can for the most part spam the abilities (especially inquisitor), without having to use an ability that would "recharge" or immediately increase their Force power or energy.
Does that make sense?
FOR THE EMPIRE!
The Loyalist Legacy
Rated M for Mature (Jung Ma Guild)
Click HERE for a free character transfer and 7 days of subscription!

Jayshames
07.29.2015 , 12:48 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by _FeatherStone_ View Post
So, I have had the chance to play all four imperial classes. From what I can tell (and maybe this is just me), I see a comparison between two of the classes. I noticed that the Bounty Hunter class and the Sith Warrior class both take awhile for their Rage, or Heat to charge up quickly. Compared to Sith Inquisitor and Imperial Agent where they can for the most part spam the abilities (especially inquisitor), without having to use an ability that would "recharge" or immediately increase their Force power or energy.
Does that make sense?
You really need to play them at 60 before they even out.

On my Sentinel 2 out of 3 trees and I can pretty much mash abilities and never need to use default attack to build Focus (Rage). Same for my Merc, can spam abilities and barely ever go above 40% heat.

My PT on the other hand CAN go to quite high heat if I want some serious burst off, but nothing I can't handle.

Mubrak
07.29.2015 , 01:16 PM | #3
You want to stay cool as a BH. Heat is just an inversed version of the energy bar with a tiered regeneration speed that all tech classes share, and all of them have specs that can burn trough their energy bar quite easily and then have to resort to their auto attack for half a minute if they weren't careful.

Inquisitors and Consulars also use an energy bar, but with a flat regeneration speed, so they can make use of their whole energy bar without running into issues.

Warriors/Knights use a completely different mechanic, where you get more effective the longer you fight. This leads to the issue that warriors want to press on to the next battle, while everyone else wants to refill their energy bar (or vent heat) first.