Warzone Duration - too long?

Rolodome

I want to hear how PvPers feel about this, particularly people who exclusively PvP, or close to it. (Anyone who doesn't fit in that is, of course, also welcome to chime in.)

For me, most warzones feel a bit long (with the exception of Voidstar because of the segmented nature of it, and Deathmatch because people usually kill each other quickly).

In a mostly balanced match, with teams of equal strength, it can really feel drawn out. In fact, balanced matches tend to be the most exhausting for me both because of length and because of the intensity of vying for the lead. After some intense matches, I tend to just want to take a break for a while.

The end result is that in my case, I get burned out on warzones really easily. I could be a rarity, but if we consider how queues work, more people stuck in a warzone for longer means less people queuing at any given moment, which means longer queues. And if a significant number of people are getting burned out like me, that also means less people queuing.

So there is certainly a very speculative reason why shortening some of the warzones would be a good idea. But again, this is just based on how I feel. I've no idea if anyone else shares my reaction to warzone length.

"In fact, balanced matches tend to be the most exhausting for me both because of length and because of the intensity of vying for the lead". so if I am reading correctly what you are saying is "unless I can steamroll the other team the match takes to long"? That's like saying boss mechanics are too hard for our casual player base and bioware severely nerfing story mode . . . oh wait.

CW lasts WAY too long. it's a poorly constructed map/scoring system. it's the only map that suffers this particular ailment: the game is decided long before the match ends (lopsided but not 3-capped).

"In fact, balanced matches tend to be the most exhausting for me both because of length and because of the intensity of vying for the lead". so if I am reading correctly what you are saying is "unless I can steamroll the other team the match takes to long"? That's like saying boss mechanics are too hard for our casual player base and bioware severely nerfing story mode . . . oh wait.

But not with Arenas, I assume ? If so, then I'm not the tiniest it surprised.

Not sure what you're trying to imply. I get really into close matches and it takes a lot out of me. High adrenaline over an extended period of time.

Not sure what you're trying to imply. I get really into close matches and it takes a lot out of me. High adrenaline over an extended period of time.

Arenas are shorter. You basically get trained to get acustomed to so much shorter intervals of

- fast signal processing

- fast calculation of everything (where the enemy stands, what to do next, how to get rid of debuffs, how to counter some action etc. etc.)

all these things. This is exhausting. And it's more exhausting if you are required to keep up all of this stuff for a longer period of time than for a smaller period of time.

Through sheer training ( = playing 8v8 maps ) you could get accustomed to keep it up over a longer period of time.

However, in Arenas, you train the exact opposite ( "High Adrenaline" ).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Arenas are shorter. You basically get trained to get acustomed to so much shorter intervals of

- fast signal processing

- fast calculation of everything (where the enemy stands, what to do next, how to get rid of debuffs, how to counter some action etc. etc.)

all these things. This is exhausting. And it's more exhausting if you are required to keep up all of this stuff for a longer period of time than for a smaller period of time.

Through sheer training ( = playing 8v8 maps ) you could get accustomed to keep it up over a longer period of time.

However, in Arenas, you train the exact opposite ( "High Adrenaline" ).

I think I see what you're going for now. I've only played a few death match, so I don't think it would have had time to affect me that much, but I can see how it might do so over a long period of time.

Reason for death of pvp

1. Removing warzones from ranked

2. Putting in tiny arenas designed around the most op class, and making them the ranked.

3. Putting in a warzone where faction does not matter

Now you want to add a number four to the list and get warzones nerfed? lol I give up.

Look, I know what you mean. A close match takes a lot out of me too, but I will queue again. I think it all come down to this: I enjoy pvp more. Now maybe I'm wrong, but there are people who will never set foot in a pvp match. Just a thought.

I want to hear how PvPers feel about this, particularly people who exclusively PvP, or close to it. (Anyone who doesn't fit in that is, of course, also welcome to chime in.)

For me, most warzones feel a bit long (with the exception of Voidstar because of the segmented nature of it, and Deathmatch because people usually kill each other quickly).

In a mostly balanced match, with teams of equal strength, it can really feel drawn out. In fact, balanced matches tend to be the most exhausting for me both because of length and because of the intensity of vying for the lead. After some intense matches, I tend to just want to take a break for a while.

The end result is that in my case, I get burned out on warzones really easily. I could be a rarity, but if we consider how queues work, more people stuck in a warzone for longer means less people queuing at any given moment, which means longer queues. And if a significant number of people are getting burned out like me, that also means less people queuing.

So there is certainly a very speculative reason why shortening some of the warzones would be a good idea. But again, this is just based on how I feel. I've no idea if anyone else shares my reaction to warzone length.

I would actually like most of them to go longer.

Reason for death of pvp

1. Removing warzones from ranked

2. Putting in tiny arenas designed around the most op class, and making them the ranked.

3. Putting in a warzone where faction does not matter

Now you want to add a number four to the list and get warzones nerfed? lol I give up.

Serious question: Did you read the OP or just read the thread title and then post something?