Which class has the best burst phase?

BonnerFett

It depends on how you're scaling it.

From my experience, Mercs have the highest ranged burst and Maras burst pretty hard for melee.

I kinda think it goes like this:

AP PT - Front Loaded Burst

Cana Mara - Most burst windows

Arsenal Merc - Most ranged burst

Honorable mentions to:

MM Sniper

Rage Jugg

I would say MM sniper.

Laze target

Massive ambush hit.

Penetrating blasts

Follow - through

Reset penetrating blast immediately

Follow - through

If entrenched can not be interrupted or ccd

Or:

Snipe

Snipe

Follow-through

Laze target

Ambush (reduced casting as activated)

Penetrating blasts

Follow-through

Penetrating cd drop

Penetrating blasts

Follow-through

Target acquired to cut through defenses with increased accuracy.

Snipe

Snipe

Ambush off CD now, with set bonus we have one more charge of laze target left. (After 2 snipes proc Ambush)

Ambush hit

Finishing off with ability that is below 30% or another follow - through

With crit high 2 series of Penetrating blasts can deal over 30k damage alone.

If i am in a one on one with a merc or commando, they stand absolutely no chance to survive.

Edited by AlCorazon

Arsenal Merc and/or APTech, by far in my experience. (/Me giggles madly...ALPHA-STRIKE ALL THE THINGS!!!!)

Honourable mention to Sharps-manship, and Lightning/TK, and I would assume Carni Mara, but I've not PvPed with that last one.

Edited by midianlord

You think Rage Jugg is that good?

Yes I think so. I was taught how to rage jug a few months back after this guy schooled my apt in a novarre. I'm used to 1v1 anything on my apt unless its an op or a healer or they are ranged and its queshball. This guy took me apart twice and I/w him afterwards and we got talking. Logged my tank jug, switched to rage and we practised on my ships wz dummy for 30 mins then did like 12 wzs together while I got the hang of it. I have never looked back since.

Basically a rage jug has about 5-6 big hitters back to back that will wreck anyone who doesn't get a defensive up or doesn't get a peel/heal. The advantage of the jug is your not using 1min +25% cds for this, so being cc'd part way through doesn't screw with your window. The disadvantage is a few heals or a taunt on you and you haven't killed your target.

The apt by contrast is spread over a few more gcds and being cc'd during it will mess you up. However the incoming damage burst happens for like 13-15 secs and one taunt or 1 quick dark heal isn't going to save them. They need a fast guard swap or 2 healers popping cds for them to live through it if you go all in with your relics up. The apt is alot of fun, is more durable and has more control I feel, but against good players isn't "quite" as dangerous. Ofc good players when they see a rage jug kill it quickly, kill it fire then hack the corpse to pieces to make sure it stays dead. Or thats my own experience playing one anyway :p ignore the rage at your peril.

Yes I think so. I was taught how to rage jug a few months back after this guy schooled my apt in a novarre. I'm used to 1v1 anything on my apt unless its an op or a healer or they are ranged and its queshball. This guy took me apart twice and I/w him afterwards and we got talking. Logged my tank jug, switched to rage and we practised on my ships wz dummy for 30 mins then did like 12 wzs together while I got the hang of it. I have never looked back since.

Basically a rage jug has about 5-6 big hitters back to back that will wreck anyone who doesn't get a defensive up or doesn't get a peel/heal. The advantage of the jug is your not using 1min +25% cds for this, so being cc'd part way through doesn't screw with your window. The disadvantage is a few heals or a taunt on you and you haven't killed your target.

The apt by contrast is spread over a few more gcds and being cc'd during it will mess you up. However the incoming damage burst happens for like 13-15 secs and one taunt or 1 quick dark heal isn't going to save them. They need a fast guard swap or 2 healers popping cds for them to live through it if you go all in with your relics up. The apt is alot of fun, is more durable and has more control I feel, but against good players isn't "quite" as dangerous. Ofc good players when they see a rage jug kill it quickly, kill it fire then hack the corpse to pieces to make sure it stays dead. Or thats my own experience playing one anyway :p ignore the rage at your peril.

I don't PvP on my vanguard that often, or on my jugg for that matter. But I seem to recall HiB hitting for 10k regularly, stock strike for around the same, assault plastique for up to 16k and cell burst for 20k (I've had a 24k crit).My jugg never hits that hard.

That's 4 GCDs setup, >50% health (the burst is actually in an even tighter window considering that your cell burst will land with your plastique). Edit : also, SC add a bit to this.

I'm interested in hearing how a jugg can pull this off.

Edited by Greezt

I don't PvP on my vanguard that often, or on my jugg for that matter. But I seem to recall HiB hitting for 10k regularly, stock strike for around the same, assault plastique for up to 16k and cell burst for 20k (I've had a 24k crit).My jugg never hits that hard.

That's 4 GCDs setup, >50% health (the burst is actually in an even tighter window considering that your cell burst will land with your plastique). Edit : also, SC add a bit to this.

I'm interested in hearing how a jugg can pull this off.

Rage jugg can do like ~24k autocrits on Furious Strike if you have Pooled Hatred stacks, and without that, it will still hit for 17-18k.

Rage jugg can do like ~24k autocrits on Furious Strike if you have Pooled Hatred stacks, and without that, it will still hit for 17-18k.

I'm pretty sure cell burst benefits more from autocrits, though, no? If you combine it with battle focus.

I'm pretty sure cell burst benefits more from autocrits, though, no? If you combine it with battle focus.

EB is a more reliable hitter in my experience. but it's sort of like the merc HSM missile bonus: you're only sure about it the first time you use it. then you have to wait around to build stacks again. pooled hatred, once you build the stacks, is pretty much constant.

there are other pros and cons. I find AP PTs more predictable than rage juggs and are easier to avoid their burst. on the other hand, I feel like when I'm playing AP that there's never a lul where I'm basically waiting for something worthwhile to come off CD.

Edited by foxmob

Maybe, but I think +50% more flat damage (with utility) > +15% extra surge. (if those are the %'s, been a while since I've played either class)

That might be so. I still wonder if juggs can compete with PTs on a burst window... the only juggs I see topping the scoreboards are vengeance, but I see AP at the top all the time.

I'd also like to say that I kill juggs on my vanguard pretty easily in a 1v1 although that could be related to other stuff of course.

there are other pros and cons. I find AP PTs more predictable than rage juggs and are easier to avoid their burst. on the other hand, I feel like when I'm playing AP that there's never a lul where I'm basically waiting for something worthwhile to come off CD.

Good points. It's really easy to see those 4 stacks, and plastique gives you a long warning before it detonates. Juggs are much more surprising, especially if you've been kiting them and they have their pooled hatred up.

That might be so. I still wonder if juggs can compete with PTs on a burst window... the only juggs I see topping the scoreboards are vengeance, but I see AP at the top all the time.

I'd also like to say that I kill juggs on my vanguard pretty easily in a 1v1 although that could be related to other stuff of course.

Good points. It's really easy to see those 4 stacks, and plastique gives you a long warning before it detonates. Juggs are much more surprising, especially if you've been kiting them and they have their pooled hatred up.

Been playing my rage jugg after reading this thread. They can line up some good burst. I believe it rivals the burst that the AP PT can put out.

Carnage Mara's put up burst really fast they also have shorter times in between burst windows.

Arsenal mercs hit hard with heatseeker. My guess would be not quite as much burst as AP PT or Rage Jugg, but probably more sustained damage.

So my observation would be that the burstiest classes are: AP PT, Rage Jugg, Carnage Mara