Most POWERFUL Jedi/Sith

Tityn

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm you can't really judge from time differences you have to take each indiviual span of years but also consider the fact for an over all the further back in time you go the stronger the force users were compared to movies or thats what i believe

He may have stated that, however he could not have become a Force Spirit showing his true Jedi self if he was not redeemed.

Lots of Sith lords have been spirits in the history. I don't think they were redeemed. Exar Kun, XoXaan, Freedon nadd, etc etc

Beginning times? Probably Exar Kun, Darth Bane, and that Jedi chick... Umm... the one who took the lightsaber from her husband. Gosh, why can't I remember her name?

Nomi Sunrider?

Edited by Karkais

Who is really the "Chosen One" Luke or Anakin?

Anakin was the chosen one. Yoda said "A prophecy that misread could have been" when they were talking about the prophesied one who would bring balance to the Force. When Anakin fell to the Dark Side and became Vader, the Sith was comprised of only two, but the Jedi were many. Vader destroyed the Jedi order which left only two Jedi - Yoda and Obi Wan. He brought balance to the force, but the Jedi were so self involved they didn't realize that they were the dominant power in the Force.

Anakin was the chosen one. Yoda said "A prophecy that misread could have been" when they were talking about the prophesied one who would bring balance to the Force. When Anakin fell to the Dark Side and became Vader, the Sith was comprised of only two, but the Jedi were many. Vader destroyed the Jedi order which left only two Jedi - Yoda and Obi Wan. He brought balance to the force, but the Jedi were so self involved they didn't realize that they were the dominant power in the Force.

You are incorrectly interpreting the prophesy.

It wasn't about even numbers between Jedi and Sith. He only fulfilled the prophesy when he destroyed the Sith.

There could have been twenty zillion Jedi and the prophesy would only be fulfilled when the Sith were destroyed.

Honestly, the way some of the character's are written, a lot of them are very powerful. Some characters do crazy things. Plageuis could create life, but no one talks about him because he was killed in his sleep. Sidious was a master of deception (Probably how he managed to kill the life creator dude in his sleep lol.) To the point he could hide a Super Star Destroyer. Vader's apprentice brought down star destroyers. Vader's power was largely destroyed, and it's made quite clear that because of his life support suit, he was never going to surpass sidious, even if he was the chosen one.

In the end, Luke might be the strongest Force User ever. He's definitely the best at surviving when you look at it. Also, if we're keeping score on who's killed/lived through the most evil rulers of the galaxy attacks, he's winning in points there as well.

I'm not sure why luke is considered to be the most powerful jedi ever, from what we saw in the movies he had pretty limited abilities, probably due to his late start and minimal training. I'm not really sure, but i think he was ony able to train with Yoda for a few months, whereas pretty much every other force user had a lifetime. I think its kind of ridiculous to think his force powers rivaled Yoda's, who had trained for almost a thousand years. For example, Yoda can block/throw back force lightning, but when luke gets force lightning-ed he has to just curl up and take it. Did luke learn alot more of the force after the movies end?

I'm not sure why luke is considered to be the most powerful jedi ever, from what we saw in the movies he had pretty limited abilities, probably due to his late start and minimal training. I'm not really sure, but i think he was ony able to train with Yoda for a few months, whereas pretty much every other force user had a lifetime. I think its kind of ridiculous to think his force powers rivaled Yoda's, who had trained for almost a thousand years. For example, Yoda can block/throw back force lightning, but when luke gets force lightning-ed he has to just curl up and take it. Did luke learn alot more of the force after the movies end?

Luke Skywalker learns far more abilities after the movies. He's also in his 60's.

By that point in time Luke probably could have spanked Yoda in a fight. He also could easily crush Emperor Palpatine. He's capable of destroying, or at the least disabling, Star Destroyers with a wave of his hand if he wants to.

I know Revan is a fan-favorite and everything, but I fail to see why anyone would think he was the strongest EVER. Very likely the strongest of his generation, but I've seen nothing that would make me think he was really the greatest of all time.

And Kreia even said to the Exile that she's the greatest she's ever trained. That includes Revan too, huh. Personally I prefer her to Revan, although her existance doesn't seem to even be acknowledged in canon. Not in ToR at least.

And going by accomplishments alone, Palpatine was definitely the number 1 sith. The only sith ever to actually rule the galaxy. There is also Bane, who started the Sith on a thousand year path to victory. It was his ideas (heavily influenced by Revan in fact) that gave the sith their means to victory.

Edited by Boissi

Again. Incorrect. It had nothing to do with balancing the numbers. The Sith were the ones imbalanced. From George Lucas..

"The first film starts with the last age of the Republic, which is it's getting tired, it's old, it's getting corrupt.

There's the rise of the Sith, who are becoming a force, and in the backdrop of this we have Anakin Skywalker, a young boy who is destined to be a significant player in bringing balance back to the Force and to the Republic...

Then in the second film we get into more of that turmoil. It's the beginning of the Clone Wars, it's the beginning of the end of democracy in the Republic, sort of the beginning of the end of the Republic. And it's Anakin Skywalker beginning to deal with some of his more intense emotions of anger, hatred, sense of loss, possessiveness, jealousy, and the other things he has to cope with.

And then we will get to the 3rd film where he is seduced to the dark side..

Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

I'm not sure if this has been stated, but I believe that the most powerful Sith would've been Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger.

Yes, his boss fight was pretty laughably easy. But, in lore he has the ability to destroy entire planets just because of his hunger for the force. The boss fight wasn't difficult because The Exile was such a wound in the force that his, eh, appetite, wasn't as appealing as it was beforehand.

In terms of raw power, Nihilus wins hands down.

I'm not sure if this has been stated, but I believe that the most powerful Sith would've been Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger.

Yes, his boss fight was pretty laughably easy. But, in lore he has the ability to destroy entire planets just because of his hunger for the force. The boss fight wasn't difficult because The Exile was such a wound in the force that his, eh, appetite, wasn't as appealing as it was beforehand.

Eh, other sith have been able to destroy entire planets, and Im sure more than a few of the most powerful jedi could have as well. And none of them lost their minds to a hunger over it. Nihilus was -too- much of a big picture guy, to the point that he got killed by the little people way too easily.

Ya know, there was that Jedi apprentice back when Luke was first putting together the New Jedi order and Daala reared her ugly head. He burnt himself out, but he flung an entire fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers halfway out of the system. Dorsk 81, Mr. Clone dude. Pretty amazing.

Honestly, trying to judge who's the strongest by the things they've done doesn't really work. It helps us judge who took the most action yeah, but Luke is kinda a goodie goodie now, even with how old and powerful he is. We're never gonna see him do half the things evil really powerful dudes have done, mainly because he's not evil, just really powerful.

"He studied the ancient ruins on the Sith mausoleum world of Korriban. He unlocked secrets of the Force from a captured Jedi Holocron. The dark side energies flowing through Palpatine's body were so intense, that they ravaged his mortal frame. The very source of Palpatine's strength was killing him.

To counter the dark side's consumption, Palpatine turned to a bizarre combination of technology and Sith magic. Palpatine used Spaarti cloning cylinders to create a store of younger bodies, and employed an ancient Sith technique to transfer his consciousness into a waiting clone. Thus, Palpatine could avoid death indefinitely -- as long as his supply of clones remained intact. He would change his form again and again, prolonging his life. Palpatine constructed a secret throne-world deep within the galaxy's core, on a shadowy world called Byss. Here, he kept his clones safe, protected by a loyal cadre of Dark Side Adepts. "

"In true Sith tradition, Palpatine murdered his Master upon achieving the skill and ability to do so."

"Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chambers, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two entered into a spectacular duel -- a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force's light and dark sides. The Emperor proved too powerful to defeat. Though Yoda held his own for much of the duel, in the end, the Sith bested him. He realized that directly confronting the Sith would be doomed to failure. Defeated, Yoda slinked away into the shadows of the Senate chamber's cavernous depths, leaping into a waiting getaway speeder piloted by Bail Organa."

As Juno rescued the Senators, Starkiller confronted the Sith Lords who had been manipulating him for years. Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious. Bombarded by Force lightning, Starkiller did not fight back but instead unleashed all the power of the Force within him, causing a tremendous blast that shattered the Emperor's tower and caused enough of a distraction to allow Eclipse and the Rebel Senators to escape. - Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.”(The New Essential Chronology, page 84 )

The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course [that the Rebel Alliance would be troublesome]; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed.” (Death Star, page 76)

“Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.” (Vader: the Ultimate Guide, page 19)

"Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure"-- The Dark Empire Sourcebook.

“[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.”-- The Dark Side Sourcebook.

”Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time.”-- The Complete Visual Dictionary.

"The Sith Order, in hiding for a millennium, had awaited the birth of one who was powerful enough to return the Order to prominence. Darth Sidious was the fulfillment of that prophecy, capable of exacting the Sith's revenge on the Jedi for having nearly eradicated the practitioners of the dark side of the Force." -- the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

"Only Palpatine has been able to spread his darkness completely and totally over an entire galaxy. What has proven to be the lasting genius of Palpatine as Emperor is his devotion to collecting all the knowledge of the Dark Side that he can, as well as what Light Side information he can corrupt and preserve. He is no more altruistic than any other, but his newfound immortality has given him the patience that all before him have lacked."

Force feats.

*Force Storms Wormholes that can destroy starfleets

* Force-based subjugation of ~20 billion sentients and the simultaneous leeching of their life energy

* Corrupting an entire planet, transforming it from a neutral territory to "one of the most powerful dark side sites in the galaxy"

* Blunting the Force sensitivity of ~10,000 collective Jedi for over a decade

* Slaughtering trained Force Jedi with a single bursts of Force energy on one's death bed.

* Disintegrating highly trained Sith acolytes with a single gout of Sith lightning.

* Destroying ~50 armored stormtroopers with a single gout of Sith lightning

* Shrugging off a Force-enhanced explosion from the energy of a Force-user powerful enough to manipulate a Star Destroyer.

* Manipulating the minds of seasoned thousands (perhaps millions) of fleet officers and members.

* Mindwipe the people of Coruscant to make them forget the burial of a star destroyer.

Sidious was stronger than Nihilus.

P.S. His force wormholes were said to be able to destroy planets as well.

Edited by Rhyltran

" Good information"

Very informative indeed. I am not as fluent in the EU on Palpy as I am with many of the other Sith Lords, so this was a good bit of information overload. Perhaps I lean towards Nihilus just because we don't get to see Palpy do much of that in the films?

Interesting how powerful Palpatine actually is, and he remained composed and maintained his facade wonderfully throughout the movies. Where as Nihilus, who gained similar power, but lost his mind and failed to see the smaller picture, as a poster above me pointed out.

Very nice posts, and I believe I stand corrected.

Nihilus is still my favorite, though. :)

• 1 year later...
Old thread but intresting speech topic so still answer :D and what i know most powerdul force users were Force wielders if be accurate but most powerful sith/jedi are Sidious, Revan and Galen Marek. Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker controversial because neither of them has ever been witnessed to use their full power and both them were wounded. Most powerful jedi/sith will be most likely the once that reaches balance between dark and light side of Force, good examples are Galen Marek and Revan, they both were on jedi and sith so they did learn both ways of Force and found very good balance between the sides of Force. Edited by Reaper_Virus

Old thread but intresting speech topic so still answer :D and what i know most powerdul force users were Force wielders if be accurate but most powerful sith/jedi are Sidious, Revan and Galen Marek. Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker controversial because neither of them has ever been witnessed to use their full power and both them were wounded. Most powerful jedi/sith will be most likely the once that reaches balance between dark and light side of Force, good examples are Galen Marek and Revan, they both were on jedi and sith so they did learn both ways of Force and found very good balance between the sides of Force.

Nearly two years old and you still ncero'd.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm glad this was Necro'd. I really enjoyed reading all this!

My 2c:

Jedi = Don't know, haven't read the Luke EU but persuasive points were made above.

Sith = Definitely Sidious. Persuasive points made AND Remember the Rule of Two, each generation of Sith in the Bane line were to be more powerful than the one before. Sidious is/was the culmination of this evolution.

each generation of Sith in the Bane line were to be more powerful than the one before. Sidious is/was the culmination of this evolution.

Nope.Check Darth Gravid.There was no clear progression of power from Darth Bane to Darth Sidious.

Also: EVEN IF THERE WAS,there is no way these sith would be the most powerful even in the SW universe.

I repeat- even there was- and there is not.

Yes,they would be the smartest ,but there is no way they would be the most powerful (one of the most,but not THE MOST)and especially the most evil.Any Dark Lord of the Sith in history would have done the same things and more,if they employed the Rule of Two.

Edited by Kaedusz