Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Computer Build, Screen Resolution off and green flicker

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Computer Build, Screen Resolution off and green flicker

geekrocker
05.10.2017 , 09:05 PM | #1
So I got a new computer built today, and installed SWTOR, but upon startup, the screen resolution goes all crazy, and any movement causes green, pixelated distortion. Any fixes?

QuinlanSaathis
05.10.2017 , 09:21 PM | #2
Check the set resolution in the configuration utility, change it down if necessary.
Check graphics drivers.

List the specs.

geekrocker
05.10.2017 , 09:23 PM | #3
I should specify, the issue is that the resolution of the game confines the game to the upper left corner, but the resolution for the rest of the screen expands. The toolbar at the bottom gets larger, game gets tiny. I have no clue what's going on.

geekrocker
05.10.2017 , 09:24 PM | #4
Radeon RX 460 graphics, and do you mean the screen resolution options in the Radeon program or the game?

QuinlanSaathis
05.10.2017 , 09:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by geekrocker View Post
I should specify, the issue is that the resolution of the game confines the game to the upper left corner, but the resolution for the rest of the screen expands. The toolbar at the bottom gets larger, game gets tiny. I have no clue what's going on.
Set the game res to 800x600
start it up and make sure you can see it at full screen
then adjust the res to where it should be.,

Check your drivers

geekrocker
05.10.2017 , 09:27 PM | #6
Driver is up to date, let me see if I can see the screen resolution option even lol

geekrocker
05.10.2017 , 09:29 PM | #8
I can't change the resolution, the game is on the loading screen and frozen completely. Oy.

geekrocker
05.10.2017 , 09:55 PM | #9
Anyone have a potential fix? This build was very problematic and having this issue after all that has me pretty severely butthurt. My current mood did not need this.

QuinlanSaathis
05.10.2017 , 10:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by geekrocker View Post
Anyone have a potential fix? This build was very problematic and having this issue after all that has me pretty severely butthurt. My current mood did not need this.
I can't do much more from here at work
Be home in an hour, will post again then.