Why there is so much QQ and this game is dying!

Jalal

Bottom line there is no innovation on the mmo side of things. It Kotor single player and WOW pvp.

Where are the space fights, guild ships, boarding ships, capture of planets, mayors of planets or towns, meaningful open world pvp, a new paradigm in mmo gear grinds...anything new and innovative???

They played safe instead of being innovative, but I don't think it looks to good for the future of this game.

Where is the War in Star Wars.

Go throw some balls around you Jedi and Sith!

Let it grow. There are already SO many things that are different about swtor. The fights are much faster, this is a high tech story, rare in MMO, with a rich strain of story lore to build on. The companions are not annoying in such a way as they shout all the time, just think when they really start customizing the weapons. I think it plays and feels much different.

I can't believe, seriously, some people keep bringing up WoW like it is a good thing to compare games to, or a minimum standard to strive for. I downloaded WoW when they did their free thing, the truth is I could just barely stand to even have it on my hard drive.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is not dying, nor is it going to. I'd even say with all that was invested it's too big to ever fail. That being said, I don't ever see it growing much beyond where it is now unless BioWare changes some things and expands upon other things. In the end this game will be successful, but I don't see it ever reaching its true potential.

I'm sorry to inform you but SWTOR is not a big-bank conglomerate.

Bottom line there is no innovation on the mmo side of things. It Kotor single player and WOW pvp.

Where are the space fights, guild ships, boarding ships, capture of planets, mayors of planets or towns, meaningful open world pvp, a new paradigm in mmo gear grinds...anything new and innovative???

They played safe instead of being innovative, but I don't think it looks to good for the future of this game.

Far from dying, bad troll is bad, peddle your assumptions else where, thanks...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha fanboi's delusions are so funny!

The Tortanic may have had 1.7 million subs in the first few weeks after launch (the figure they keep riding home about) but any donkey can tell there is nowhere near that now, 2/3+ of most guilds have quit (my own guild has only 18 players left out of the 150 we had), queues are gone, most of the servers sit at light/standard pop even at prime times, and there's <100 people on the fleets.

EA's next quarterly shareholder statement will prove I am right, it will be in may so all of the free 30 day players won't show in their trumped up figures, nor will the poor suckers who bought the 3 month option.

This.

I couldn't give less of a damn if there is 10 mil subs or 100k subs, as long as there is enough for Bioware to pump out new content I'm happy.

It has no effect what soever on my life if you don't enjoy the game or you do enjoy the game, I'm here because I have fun playing it.

I didn't hang around the Rift forums when I quit that after trying it for afew days, and I don't understand why people sit on the SWTOR forums to complain about something they obviously have no intention of playing anyways.

"Tor-tanic" lol give me a break. Just because the game doesn't steal all of WoW's subs or whatever ridiculous expectation you had when it was released, doesn't mean it's a failure.

No MMO will EVER have 10 mil subs, or kill WoW until the servers go offline because no one is going to leave for another MMO unless they're forced to because they've made friends and have spent years of their lives playing the game and their characters.

Stop bickering over nothing and move on to another game if you don't like this one.

Get over yourselves, this forum isn't for your personal blog to tell us why this game is a failure, it's for dicussing game mechanics and general things to do with IN GAME.

I'll look forward to you crying on the GW2 forums when it doesn't live up to your expectations either because they're missing x, y and z wow mechanics. cy@

Edited by KhealThar

This is bore wars and an epic 300M sinking ship

Yea it's sinking... oh wait look what I have found.

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will officially launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore on March 1st, 2012!

I think SWTOR is expanding and geting bigger.

2 million subs will increase by millions soon.

People that unsub will sub back and forth for years, I call it the fast food gamers, better yet the instant gratification crowd.

"Oh new raid im back!"

"This game sucks I'm leaving!"

"New Warzone and a new patch cool! I am back for good!"

"This game sucks, nerf all classes!"

Yea them people ^ :rolleyes:

Edited by Caeliux

Lets think logically about why there might be less people logged in at any single point in time now than when the game released.

What time of year did the game release and what time of the year is it now? Releases over winter break when kids and college students are on break. All of whom are back in school meaning that even when not at class they have homework and after school activities. There are also adults who play this game and have kids who are in school and are now busy with their kids being more active.

Do you play a game the same amount at launch as you do after you have played for a while? No, you don't. If you claim that you do you either aren't being honest with yourself or you really need to get out more because most people take some time off work or family etc. to level when a new MMO or expansion releases, but if they continue to do so on a regular basis they need to get their priorities straightened out.

All of these are things that affect how much a person logs on but not whether or not the person pays for their sub and or enjoys the game. Don't pretend like you know anything about total subscriptions based on what little information you do have. And I am not saying that the game is "fine and doing great", cause I don't know any more about that than I do about it "falling apart". We aren't in a position to judge because we don't have access to the information to make informed judgements.

I like the game, a lot.

After 5 years of wow I quitted mmo. This is the first one ive been more than one week in after that.

I bought the game on 15th of january.

And I fear for it:

Imo its on its way to being the "had potential but..." game of the decade. Its not all sayed yet they can fix it but looks bad. And why?

Few fast things to not make it boring:

Been here one month, dont know what servers you are in but the fact that the optimists never mention theirs with their tales of "200-300 ppl on imperial fleet" and "WZ Queues 24hours a day!" makes me think they fear their ilusions will show up when someone that doesent daydream comes and denies them.

Mine is Scepter of Ragnos EU

Its one of the original servers.

Populations on both Republic and Imperial Fleets has only descended since I play.

My Guild has been reduced from 15 people to 4.

Today WZ queues at 01:00 are 20mins+ some ending before time cus of no players. At 4am no more WZ

When I first reached 50 this was arround 1 to 5 min queue untill around 5:30-6 am

Ilum on imperial side (by far much more populous than rep) at 02:00 = 8 players. When I first reached 50 this was rounding the 20 at the same times.

So. Obviously I talk from what I see and if I extrapolate this to the other servers it is tragedy on the making. And **** im not happy about it.

Has been a fantastic experience to lvl up really cool, and my sincere congrats for that. But that is over (im not Alt fan) and im sadly discovering the game is at a dead end.

Main problem: ENDGAME = WOW

And for playing WOW people normaly prefer WOW.

People in here are so overdramatic.

Aside from the bugs, the game has nothing at level 50. It is easy mode to get the best gear. You can spend a week or 2 and have the best raid gear. It is the main reason why people are quitting. Level 50 doesn't have a fun gear grind.

It is the same with WoW. When people get the best gear, they quit. They come back again after new content arrives.

Game is losing subs but it is not dying. It still has potential. If they fix the end game, this is going to be one of the most successful MMO in the market for years to come.

Anyway, this is really the only decent MMO for me. WoW has way too many bots. I don't like the spawn camping in Warhammer due to overpowered healing. So even if the game stays the way it is now, a lot of people that are like me will still play it. Not to mention that a lot of star wars fanatics will still play it also no matter how terrible this game becomes.

If Gramma had nads she'd be Grampa.

Companion characters isnt novel enough for you? I would classify that as innovation as far as mmo's go. They never claimed they were trying to reinvent the wheel. Personally I think innovation will come with time and testing. Im sure this game wheel introduce some new ideas down the line. But its an MMO they are all pretty much the same. This one is just Star Wars flavor.

Companion characters isnt novel enough for you? I would classify that as innovation as far as mmo's go. They never claimed they were trying to reinvent the wheel. Personally I think innovation will come with time and testing. Im sure this game wheel introduce some new ideas down the line. But its an MMO they are all pretty much the same. This one is just Star Wars flavor.

Novel how? Dont other games have companions, notably bioware? Isn't that more of a single player element?

But honestly why wouldn't we expect innovation? I'm surprised at the lack of innovation. I'm surprised at the lack of things that we just expect now as basic features like combat logs, ui resizing, flashpoint group finder to name a few.

And they said innovative pvp, not me, it was right on the homepage, so yea I expected something new and different, I haven't found it yet, have you, at least if you think innovative is more than orcs with light sabers.