[SPOILER] mandalore

dark-jehts

Again ------> SPOILERS for thoses who didn't finish act 1 <------

I saw a lot of messages about b@d@ss DS bounty hunters , but :

-I'm the only LS BH ?

-i'm the only one who accepted the mandalore's offer ? i feel alone right now ! :D

need some mando'ade vod :sy_bountyhunter:

Edited by dark-jehts

<-- LS 4 (my only DS points are from punching that jerk noble on Alderaan once)

I also accepted his offer - was honored by it, to tell the truth. Plus, then I got to go to a drinking party with the best BHs in the galaxy.

<-- LS 4 (my only DS points are from punching that jerk noble on Alderaan once)

I also accepted his offer - was honored by it, to tell the truth. Plus, then I got to go to a drinking party with the best BHs in the galaxy.

Hey same here , also an honor to join mandalore , and i tried to resist ... but i had to punch him and then scare this annoying noble :eek:

I have nothing against Mandalorians, and I could have joined on a different character.

But after browsing the Mandalorian lore (I'm silly like that. Got the cutscene at midnight and stayed browsing Wiki until two AM. Seriously, WoW has never made me questions my choices when taking quests) I was pretty turned off by the space samurai approach.

Granted that we already have the equivalent of ki throwing shaolin monks (Jedi), but the whole fight for glory and honor and to test yourself is a *warrior* thing. BHs are not warriors (well, not mine), they are bounty hunters. They go about dragging people back for credits, sometimes kill them, sometimes steal. It's all about the cash. Not honor.

Well, for me. Of course other BH's will be happy in doing that and more power to them.

I have nothing against Mandalorians, and I could have joined on a different character.

But after browsing the Mandalorian lore (I'm silly like that. Got the cutscene at midnight and stayed browsing Wiki until two AM. Seriously, WoW has never made me questions my choices when taking quests) I was pretty turned off by the space samurai approach.

Granted that we already have the equivalent of ki throwing shaolin monks (Jedi), but the whole fight for glory and honor and to test yourself is a *warrior* thing. BHs are not warriors (well, not mine), they are bounty hunters. They go about dragging people back for credits, sometimes kill them, sometimes steal. It's all about the cash. Not honor.

Well, for me. Of course other BH's will be happy in doing that and more power to them.

I saw it as a way to make more credits, the best fighters will get the better payouts! I can pretend to be into honor and glory if it means more money.

Also, I just really wanted the Mandalore title. Oops.

So is joining the Mandalore essentially a lightside attribute? My BH is Dark II at this time, and I don't really know what becoming a Mandalore entails. Can anyone enlighten me as to the scope of the offer in relation to the BH class line and what "working for them" actually means? Thanks!

LS here. Was thinking a LS BH puts me in the same company as the likes of Spike Spiegel or Samus, which isn't all that bad a place to be, really. Especially considering who actually voices the BH, it makes even more sense.

The Mandalorian choice seemed a no-brainer, though, even for DS. What's so noble about more connections and power? My DS Sith would have accepted if they offered the chance. From an RP perspective, it's not like you can't kill Mandalore and seize power later, quite the opposite in fact.

Edited by TrueCaios

Mandalorians ARE warriors, they've fought wars, the original Mandalorians were a species called the Taung.... they very closely resembled the appearance, additude, and ideaology of the predator species from the Predator movie series.... they were made extinct in the battle of Malachor V when Revan, Meetra Surik, and Bao Dur decided to level an entire planet to bring an end to the Mandalorian wars..... fortunately before that happened, the Taung were able to pass down their warrior culture to humans and a handful of other species they deemed to be worthy fighters........... unwilling to profess loyalty to either the empire or the republic, many mandalorians found themselves soldiers without a war to fight, and as such took jobs as bounty hunters and mercenaries to keep their training honed to a razors edge so that one day they may once again bring honor to Mandalore in battle.....

What's not to understand?

Must be a bug that you get dark side points for punching that noble. It's clearly a moral imperative.

he deserved more than just the one punch

myself and my mate roared with laughter over Skype when we both chose the darkside option and the noble came flying through that doorway

Edited by Alpha-Llama

Spoilered just in case...

DS5 here and I am pretty sure I am in charge of the Mandalorians. Did I miss something?

BTW its weird going back over grey quests where you fight the Mandalorians. I feel like yelling "I'm the boss, just back off already!"

Edited by Moosimoo

Mandalorians ARE warriors, they've fought wars, the original Mandalorians were a species called the Taung.... they very closely resembled the appearance, additude, and ideaology of the predator species from the Predator movie series.... they were made extinct in the battle of Malachor V when Revan, Meetra Surik, and Bao Dur decided to level an entire planet to bring an end to the Mandalorian wars..... fortunately before that happened, the Taung were able to pass down their warrior culture to humans and a handful of other species they deemed to be worthy fighters........... unwilling to profess loyalty to either the empire or the republic, many mandalorians found themselves soldiers without a war to fight, and as such took jobs as bounty hunters and mercenaries to keep their training honed to a razors edge so that one day they may once again bring honor to Mandalore in battle.....

Thank you for this information. I've never been 100% on my understanding of exactly what the mandelorians were. I could always see why BH were part of this 'warrior cult' but didn't know the specifics.

Mmyeah, you should re-read what I wrote.