Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TORHEAD gone?

Cenyala
04.08.2015 , 03:41 PM | #1
Anyone have any idea why it's shut down and all the links go back to the official SWTOR site? I used Torhead a lot for the companion affection guides on the quests - is there another site that can provide this info?

Haystak
04.08.2015 , 03:47 PM | #2
People keeping it updated no longer played. Generally just a lack in interest in keeping it updated from what I recall.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

Vember
04.08.2015 , 03:47 PM | #3
It's shut down, the guy running it said it wasn't cost effective to keep it up

Sindariel
04.08.2015 , 03:54 PM | #4
Let's hope that Torcommunity's database will be up, soon.
Click my friend link for a free character transfer, 7 days of free sub and more goodies. Details

Draqsko
04.08.2015 , 03:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cenyala View Post
Anyone have any idea why it's shut down and all the links go back to the official SWTOR site? I used Torhead a lot for the companion affection guides on the quests - is there another site that can provide this info?
They never updated it for 3.0 so no one used it anymore.
Then they decided to start to update it, seen no one used it anymore and decided it wasn't worth updating, or maintaining.

That's the long and short of it. And I can't really think of any that have quest conversation affection gains, just gift gains.

WorldSmasher
04.08.2015 , 04:10 PM | #6
Well, I do admit, even though I always looked in TORhead first, I didn't always find what I was looking for. I ended up just hunting for my needed info on Google... It would be nice to have a place to go to, again.

fidothegran
04.08.2015 , 04:23 PM | #7
This game (and Bioware along with it) has become a joke among "gamers". People have it in their mind that SWTOR has failed hard, and will probably go offline within a year anyway. Thing is, these same people were saying the same thing two and a half years ago. Fansites think it's "cool" to support the games that so-called "gamers" play (usually either indie horror games or moronic copy-and-paste zombie FPS that have ridiculously advanced graphics and an over-the-top gore system), and thus SWTOR is one of the first ones to go off the list. Also, hating EA is the "hip" thing to do nowadays.

Cenyala
04.08.2015 , 04:46 PM | #8
Well that's very unfortunate - I just started playing again 2 months ago and I enjoy the game tremendously - guess I'll be doing my questing the old-fashioned way - I'm just very awful with picking the right answers for my companions and Torhead was awesome for that.

Anyway - thank you all for your answers

BrianDavion
04.08.2015 , 04:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Cenyala View Post
Well that's very unfortunate - I just started playing again 2 months ago and I enjoy the game tremendously - guess I'll be doing my questing the old-fashioned way - I'm just very awful with picking the right answers for my companions and Torhead was awesome for that.

Anyway - thank you all for your answers

you can always use the escape button to exit and renter a conversation

Kissakias
04.08.2015 , 06:13 PM | #10
personally torhead inever wast helpful
prefer dulfy.net and torfashion for swtor, they got all and with an easy way to find out how to.
torhead is too complicated and in many situations very low in knowledge
even tor-spy is better than torhead
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--77000-achievement points--