Lana is a light sith right?

Deshiel

I would say Lana is Dark 1 . She is not light but she is also not a psycho like other sith. She is pragmatic and a good person but she is also ruthless, she will do anything to complete a mission like what she did to Theron on Rishi, how she would let civilians die in chapter 3, wants you to leave the exiles in the swamp and not help them in chapter 4, she approves of the ds choice to kill jorgan or kaliyo, etc. Lana in KOTFE mostly approves of dark side choices so that would mean she is dark. Edited by kladza

I would say Lana is Dark 1 . She is not light but she is also not a psycho like other sith. She is pragmatic and a good person but she is also reckless, she will do anything to complete a mission like what she did to Theron on Rishi, how she would let civilians die in chapter 3, wants you to leave the exiles in the swamp and not help them in chapter 4, she approves of the ds choice to kill jorgan or kaliyo, etc. Lana in KOTFE mostly approves of dark side choices so that would mean she is dark.

I would hardly say she's a "good" person, and Lana is hardly reckless.

I would hardly say she's a "good" person, and Lana is hardly reckless.

She is reckless, the devs said so in an interview. They said they made her character DS so that the players wont forget how reckless she is.

I agree I don't think Lana is reckless, as she is far to calculating for that and she is by no means a LS Sith as she has quite a lot of DS approval such as handing over the master at the end of Ziost, she will get stuff done regardless of how it is accomplished.

I've always thought of her as DS. She gets along great with my DS agent anyway. :D

She talks about "properly channeling your anger" and frequently makes choices that sacrifice others if the outcome warrants it. "Pragmatic" and "Ruthless" are good words for her. Is she is a crazy, chaotic no-holds-barred Sith? No. But neither was Marr.

I remember some article where the guy who that wrote Lana stated that she is a light sith.

If she is. Why she has sith eyes? Perhaps surgery?

Sometimes you can forget she's a Sith, then she does things like wanting to dissect the brain of a formerly possessed Jedi to see if it could give them a weapon vs the Emperor.

Maybe her original intention was to give a Light Sith NPC, but I'd say her final implementation was a Dark I - II character. She's not evil, but she's not good either. She's more like a Lawful Evil character in DnD. A character who is willing to do clearly evil things but is just as likely to go down the generous path if it's more practical for the situation, lives by a code, obeys a defined set of rules (personal or institutional), and can be affectionate, reasonable, and trustworthy depending on the situation and those involved.

Sometimes you can forget she's a Sith, then she does things like wanting to dissect the brain of a formerly possessed Jedi to see if it could give them a weapon vs the Emperor.

Maybe her original intention was to give a Light Sith NPC, but I'd say her final implementation was a Dark I - II character. She's not evil, but she's not good either. She's more like a Lawful Evil character in DnD. A character who is willing to do clearly evil things but is just as likely to go down the generous path if it's more practical for the situation, lives by a code, obeys a defined set of rules (personal or institutional), and can be affectionate, reasonable, and trustworthy depending on the situation and those involved.

Now this is the kind of answer I was hoping for. Thank you.

I think they might have meant to say, ruthless, which she certainly is.

She is definitely not reckless, though...Not the same thing at all, I think someone among the higher-ups just needs to L2English :confused:

My bad I meant to say RUTHLESS not reckless, bad english lol xD

Her original character description pretty much calls her a sith that could just as easily be a jedi, mostly because of the calm/serene vibe that she originally had and her willingness to overlook the usual jedi/sith republic/empire relationship in order to get things done.

As others have said she is pragmatic. It becomes increasingly obvious as time goes on with her allowing the Revanites to caprure Theron to gain a tactical advantage, and then there is the behind the scenes effort she made to put the empire ahead of the republic (while you are allies!) by tapping their communications when the chance arises. She is very goal oriented and anything that could potentially get in the way (taking on dead weight by saving people, being overly kind to an enemy, ect) nets a disapproval from her even though she generally gets past it fairly quickly.

She has been shown to be a good, loyal, and caring person. Her friendships with the jedi outlander, Koth, and Theron are all decent evidence of that. She is just willing to do some very underhanded things and cut out loose ends and complications (people included) very willingly to reach her objectives. I believe that trait has been deepened by watching the empire and galaxy as a whole crumble against Zakuul over the five years you were away. She wants Zakuul crushed and any future threats to the alliance (see her personal request in the new chapter) dealt with as efficiently and with as little distraction as possible.

She is even pragmatic enough to understand that she is not fit to be in charge, that is why she goes looking for you in the first place and continues to fallow you even when she disagrees with your decisions (unlike someone else i could name who tries to take "his" gravestone/ball and go home over things that his bff/unrequited love interest Lana approves of)

I am curious to see if she will willingly stick it out to the end when I have sort of shrugged off every darkside option she specifically wanted me to take since we met >.>;;

Edited by Aryalandi

Her original character description pretty much calls her a sith that could just as easily be a jedi, mostly because of the calm/serene vibe that she originally had and her willingness to overlook the usual jedi/sith republic/empire relationship in order to get things done.

As others have said she is pragmatic. It becomes increasingly obvious as time goes on with her allowing the Revanites to caprure Theron to gain a tactical advantage, and then there is the behind the scenes effort she made to put the empire ahead of the republic (while you are allies!) by tapping their communications when the chance arises. She is very goal oriented and anything that could potentially get in the way (taking on dead weight by saving people, being overly kind to an enemy, ect) nets a disapproval from her even though she generally gets past it fairly quickly.

She has been shown to be a good, loyal, and caring person. Her friendships with the jedi outlander, Koth, and Theron are all decent evidence of that. She is just willing to do some very underhanded things and cut out loose ends and complications (people included) very willingly to reach her objectives. I believe that trait has been deepened by watching the empire and galaxy as a whole crumble against Zakuul over the five years you were away. She wants Zakuul crushed and any future threats to the alliance (see her personal request in the new chapter) dealt with as efficiently and with as little distraction as possible.

She is even pragmatic enough to understand that she is not fit to be in charge, that is why she goes looking for you in the first place and continues to fallow you even when she disagrees with your decisions (unlike someone else i could name who tries to take "his" gravestone/ball and go home over things that his bff/unrequited love interest Lana approves of)

I am curious to see if she will willingly stick it out to the end when I have sort of shrugged off every darkside option she specifically wanted me to take since we met >.>;;

In fact, in my opinion, it is her pragmatism and willingness to do anything, be it forge an alliance with a sworn enemy, dissect a brain of an ostensibly useless jedi master, or befriend both a disillusioned Knight and naval officer, that makes her just as ambitious as Valkorian and the Outlander. Valkorian doesn't think very highly of her, but is she really all that different? She will do whatever she needs to do to accomplish her goal, whether that is something traditionally thought of as "light sided" or "dark sided."

Is it possible for a true believer in the Dark Side to forge trusting relationships with colleagues?

Is it possible for a true believer in the Dark Side to forge trusting relationships with colleagues?

well it the true believer is aslo a good practicioneer then he/she is able to withstand the psychological impact of the dark side. It's always shown that lesser sith or newly corrupted jedi always act super enraged when they fall to the dark side. While a trained sith merely channels it without any change in personality.

So yeah it is possible for a dark sider to have a trusting relationship, but the trusted ones would probably be like max 2-3 people given that the sith are hard coded to stay on guard and anticipate betrayal

I've always thought of her as DS. She gets along great with my DS agent anyway. :D

She talks about "properly channeling your anger" and frequently makes choices that sacrifice others if the outcome warrants it. "Pragmatic" and "Ruthless" are good words for her. Is she is a crazy, chaotic no-holds-barred Sith? No. But neither was Marr.

Well said. As my knight pointed out on Ziost, "Lana may seem like the nicest sith ever, but if she finds out you're working against her she'll eviscerate you."

I would say Lana is Dark 1 . She is not light but she is also not a psycho like other sith. She is pragmatic and a good person but she is also ruthless, she will do anything to complete a mission like what she did to Theron on Rishi, how she would let civilians die in chapter 3, wants you to leave the exiles in the swamp and not help them in chapter 4, she approves of the ds choice to kill jorgan or kaliyo, etc. Lana in KOTFE mostly approves of dark side choices so that would mean she is dark.

I wouldn't necessarily call her a good person because her choices can be quite vicious and cruel, but I agree that she is reasonable and pragmatic- she approves of choices that make the most sense, and if they happen to align with the Light Side, then so be it. But when it comes to things like battle, defeating enemies, and traitors, she is thoroughly dark side. She will not hesitate to kill someone who betrayed her, or someone who she deems as a risk.

All in all, I would say that Lana is a good Sith, because to my mind, she is what a Sith should be- powerful and strong, but intelligent and reasonable. I don't believe that any Sith but her (and possibly Marr) could have put the Alliance together. But as to being a good person... well, that depends on what your definition of a good person is, isn't it? To the Republic, she might be seen as "nice for a Sith" at best, but to the Empire she's probably a hero.

It should also be pointed out that the Lucasfilm story group has specifically said that there is not, and will never be, any such thing as a 'light-side Sith'. Not sure how well that applies here though, since this game is no longer official canon.

It should also be pointed out that the Lucasfilm story group has specifically said that there is not, and will never be, any such thing as a 'light-side Sith'. Not sure how well that applies here though, since this game is no longer official canon.

Which is a good thing because lightsided sith > most jedi any day of the week. Let them call us non-canon if it helps them sleep at night.

Ofcourse Lana is dark. She's a very minor dark but still remember she kills anybody that gets in her way. Since her character is so much put on our character in this *Odd story I have started thinking differently about her but I still cant forget every word and action that she has said or done since we met her earlier is part of a plan. She seems good now for helping our character and at times going Out of the dark for a moment or two but I keep reminding myself she's refused an offer to join before saying the Empire is her home. I cant stop thinking like every other event in this game, she's just *Using the *offworlder to defeat Zakuul so she can bring Back her Empire. Maybe I'm wrong but with her so far, its always plans within plans.

I think the issue that kept coming up is that to Bioware the Sith is a massive Empire, yet to Lucasfilm the Sith is a philosophical code. It makes sense that the Sith Empire would have it's share of "good" people and "bad" people just like in any empire (No group is made up of ALL evil top to bottom, nor all good), yet when talking about the whole 'Rule of Two' Sith (Which is what I think Lucas considers them to be) they have pretty much regressed to flat-out evil mustache twirlers who kick babies for fun, so to them a light side Sith would actually be a redeemed Jedi.

Thinking about it, and correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Lucasfilm approve a book that confirmed the existence of a few light-side Sith philosophies and practicioners (That was stomped into the dirt by Palpatine and previous Lords of the SIth)? I want to say it was the Plageuis book.

Edited by Mykra

Thinking about it, and correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Lucasfilm approve a book that confirmed the existence of a few light-side Sith philosophies and practicioners (That was stomped into the dirt by Palpatine and previous Lords of the SIth)? I want to say it was the Plageuis book.

I believe the Darth Plageuis novel was the last (or at leas one of the last) books that came out before Disney purchased Lucasfilm, so it is unfortunately not canon, although it should be because it is an awesome book.

[citation needed]